Do you have a separate room for crafting?

Mcwolf the SaneMcwolf the Sane BangladeshMember
edited March 2017 in Community
Do you have a special room for crafting stuff?
If yes, I wish to know the:
1) room size
2) number of crafting tables, forges, distillers etc.
3) placement of the tables, forges etc.
and if possible,
4) a screenshot of the room.

Also, do you have storage together with the crafting stuff? Or are they separate?

I'm thinking of making one for myself. I have lots (20+ each) of forges, distillers etc, but I only place them when needed and put them back in the chest when done. But a special room for crafting would be nice. Currently my starter has 4 of everything arranged as a "+" with a hole in the middle so that all four of them drop items in one place. I'll replace that with two rows of everything with ice in between and accelos on either side for faster collection.

EDIT: made one. 27x27 with 20 forges and extractors and 16 distillers. Ty gdog for the crafting table plus chest tip. Now I don't have to carry tools around, unless I'm building in someone else's realm. Yay.
Screenshot_2017-02-28-20-00-15
Slight changes:
Screenshot_2017-03-03-11-36-39

Comments

• our clan has a common crafting room w 5 each crafting benches, forges, extractors, distillers, and some storage. one floor is machines, one floor workbenches n storage. a QuarterMaster n Assistant Quartermaster are in charge of maintenance n keeping basic stocks on-hand.

my 2 minion queens and i also have another room just for warehouse and crafting, with one area for warehouse, neatly organized, one common area w 4 each of crafting machines n several rehydrators. we each also have our own smaller private work quarters in this room. since folks have differing levels of access, there is a system of password and personal sentries on chests and cabinets.
  • I have a 50x50 storage room with dedicated crafting area but you can get away with smaller.
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    il just leave you this

• Mcwolf the SaneMcwolf the Sane BangladeshMember
    edited February 2017
    Thanks, everyone.

il just leave you this

Oh and nice sculptures. Maybe we can meet sometime and I'll show you my builds.
  • No, mainly cuz I made one and It didn't work I forgot about it and like never came back. (This is when slyme eggs were still out) so I left like 10 slyme eggs in there. And I found them awhile ago. So I don't know if the storage was good or bad. Maybe both?
  • 1) room size
    80x25

Crafting table: about 10 (1 per tool)
    forges: 30
    distiller: 30
    in fact, 30 of each...

A line of each tool.
    The table are just placed in a square.

4) a screenshot of the room.
    Private sorry

Also, do you have storage together with the crafting stuff? Or are they separate?

yes, storage and craft are linked. My storage is built like a genealogic tree.
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    edited February 2017
    This is mine. All based around productivity and not having to walk ages between resources etc. Everything I craft is stored here. I have 8 forges 2 stills and 4 extractors.
    Have the accelos on ice to idley collect but also making best use of the perks for forging faster etc.
    vlcsnap-2017-02-27-12h25m57s734
    I have chests again at floor level next to my work benches with each tool in for easy switching.
    vlcsnap-2017-02-27-12h27m17s148
    edited February 2017
    The chest beside the work benches idea is great. I might use that. But I have some questions, gdog.

Why place donation tables beside work benches? You will collect everything right away, won't you? And even if you don't, do crafted items disappear? Because as far as I know forged/distilled/extracted items don't disappear.

Also, is the work bench on the floor level too? Any specific reason for that?
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    edited February 2017
    I have my donation tables there in case i need to drop stuff.
    Yeah I know crafted stuff wont disappear.
    And yeah my workbench, trash can and recycle bin are all built into the floor.
    I don't like bumping into stuff :It makes better use of space too. I did have a huge crafting room but it wasn't very productive. I don't have to walk more than 5-6 blocks now to get any ingredient i need.
  • BlueIn-92BlueIn-92 Member
    edited February 2017
    I have all the items in glass on my chests to repersent a catagory Ex sand is desert themed stuff and the realm size is 17x17 (Starter Realm)
    2Benchs
    3Forges
    2Distillers
    2Extractors
    Not many Ik but this setup works just how I need it to and trust me I'm big into crafting.
    edited February 2017
    Answered my own question.

How far is the nearby for faster forge and less fuel usage perk?

5 blocks forward, backward, upwards and sideways. Creates a circle around the forge. As shown below. The scaffold area is the perk activated area.

Screenshot_2017-02-28-00-38-36
    Screenshot_2017-02-28-00-38-42

• Skills R UsSkills R Us Member
    edited March 2017
    Yes I do

25x25
    Capture
  • About ready to start construction on mine myself. Trying to draw inspiration, but I also want my workshop to look fancy as well as functional.
  • Daresx11Daresx11 Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Cubic 2017-03-02 02-43-31-90

reposting the link because i sort of broke it sorry :P
  • Heres mine simple but does the trickScreenshot_2017-03-03-17-04-38
  • Nice crafting rooms everyone
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member

Love it! I love how some go the extra mile with their storage/crafting and it shapes together amazingly.
  • MiwkyMiwky at your house stealing your Peanut butter jarMember
    edited March 2017
    you've seen mine already but I'll show it anyway xD
    this is my workshop where I keep mostly craftables and minables
    3with this placing I can open 4 at once. all my chests/cabinets have 1 or more spaces for splitting items. the toolbox is beside my crafting table for quick access and because I'm very organized I know what's inside of all of them, I've memorized it all

and this is my storage room the stuff in here are store items like packs, stamps, deeds, vanities etc

Nice. I'm not good at remembering stuff so I glassed one item from the cabinets beside&below the cabinets to help me remember which has which. It helps that my floor has three layers, a base of black plaster, a design of stainless steel and black glass, and a cover of glass. So I can glass them in the floor easily.

The four chests at once idea is pretty good. Thanks XD

And I see you have special liking for cobblestone and fancy road :P hehehe
  • MiwkyMiwky at your house stealing your Peanut butter jarMember
    and old wood hehehehe

• reposting the link because i sort of broke it sorry :P

Whats the realms name I want to have a better look at it because it looks cool

Whats the realms name I want to have a better look at it because it looks cool
    A Workshop Of Seven Hearts
  • MarieAraMarieAra MexicoMember
    1) room size
    Mine is a 30x30, didn't want a giant one cause it would be totally unpractical

Crafting tables: 10 (1 for each tool and one strictly for fadey foam, each of them labeled so I can recognize them easily)
    Forges: 15
    Distillers: 12
    Extractors : 12
    Dehydrators: 6

Each machine has its own closed area, crafting tables go in the middle and the rest all have little doorways that connect to the main side of the room. I also have chests there for things I use a lot like ores, dyes, stone and sand, and a chest filled with tools. A hidey bumper, donation tables in case anything needs to be dropped, a telefood bumper and an entrance to my material storage. There's also trash cans, recycling bins and smiths laying around, but mostly for decoration though. I have an upstairs area too, which leads to my friends crafting rooms in case we need to craft together.

4) a screenshot of the room