Confused on how Vending Machines work

I bought a couple Vending Packs to start making a shop that's staying with the times, but I don't know how to set it up so that it sells individual items instead of a full stack like I see others do.
I thought it was just dropping individual items on the machine, instead of dropping the whole stack, but used an alternate account to check to make sure it was alright and it was selling the full stacks.
Does anybody know how to set it up that it sells single items, and I won't have to refill it every time somebody buys an item?

Comments

• Here are steps to sell individual in vending machines
    1: Place a certain amount you want to sell for the price of vends
    2: Put glass in it
    3: Drop the next item above.
    4: Pull the glass. (You will notice that it doesn't merge with the first stack)
    5: Place Glass again
    6: Repeat process 3 - 5
    Check it with your alt :)
  • Mcwolf the SaneMcwolf the Sane BangladeshMember
    Yes there's a video by Gdog you can see, which clearly shows how to stack objects. It's simple really.

Drop one item or the stack you want to sell on the vend and then glass it.
    Example of one item is one lava, and a stack is like 100 sands.
    Then, drop another item ON TOP OF THE GLASS.
    Thirdly, break glass, and the item or stack on the glass will fall on the vend, and it will count as a separate item.
    Another thing to note is that if u sell items which don't stack, like clothes and hats, then they will automatically be stacked separately as one item per vend draw.
    So you only need to do the glass breaking thingee for stackable items, like the new pedestrian block for example.
  • Here are steps to sell individual in vending machines

I was thinking something like that, but instead just dropping an item, placing glass, picking up the glass, and then dropping another item.
    Thanks, though! I would've been exTrEmEly confused if somebody had bought my huge treasure room of 9 Diamond blocks for 22c.
  • Mcwolf the SaneMcwolf the Sane BangladeshMember
    edited February 2017

Here are steps to sell individual in vending machines

Oh lol I didn't see that as you posted when I was writing XD

Here's the video if you need it:
  • Or you can place a chest, Surround it with scaffold 3 blocks high. Place the items in the chest, break it.
  • Or you can place a chest, Surround it with scaffold 3 blocks high. Place the items in the chest, break it.

Haven't tried I will try later xD

The blocks would scatter a lot, though.
  • I usually use glass but scaffold works
  • Avian said:

Or you can place a chest, Surround it with scaffold 3 blocks high. Place the items in the chest, break it.

Thats why I said "Surround It with Scaffold, 3 blocks high"
  • AvianAvian Member
    edited February 2017

Avian said:

Or you can place a chest, Surround it with scaffold 3 blocks high. Place the items in the chest, break it.

Thats why I said "Surround It with Scaffold, 3 blocks high"
    The blocks would go outside of the scaffold though. Like with mining, if there's blocks above the one you mined, it's likely going to go to the surface.

Edit: I haven't tried though, so I won't argue.