4 reasons not to freak out over the cars delay

=MGN=RedEagle=MGN=RedEagle Member
in Community 61.30 Karma
Hi guys,

I just wanted to say that there are some good reasons, in my opinion, to not freak out about the car delay:

1) The CC dev team always deliver us a really well working and polished product and that is what I am sure they are doing with cars.
2) If we support the dev team positively they can work easier and avoid frustration. We play a role in making this game great. Our words have real impact on the devs, let's show them we are behind them!
3) From what we know cars are not like pets, they interact with everything. It's like they are remaking a whole portion of the game's movement. It's gonna be awesome.
4) If we look beyond what we are not getting and to what's good for the game this game will grow for years to come.

Share your reason and let's make this community awesome :D

Comments

• -AK--AK- Member
    edited February 2017 9.15 Karma
    Fine... let the devs take their time, they are working hard anyway so your words made sense to me...

Take your time devs, we are waiting :)
  • CoolGuyBossCoolGuyBoss Member
    22.15 Karma
    I 100% agree, they do so much for us, and we need to give back instead of being greedy we should be happy, at lease they take time to fix the bugs, some devs don't even fix them and the servers of the game will go down. So, we need to help them out and let them work in peace, cause without concentration they could make more bugs
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    14.05 Karma
    I don't mind delays. They have happened before. What I do mind is when something has been dangled in front of the community in single player mode, and then dangled even closer to us in all the videos and promotions for cars, and then yanked back a few feet.
    There's nothing to do about it now, but hopefully in the future we won't be teased with updates like this. It causes nothing but frustration.
  • PEgamingPEgaming Member
    22.90 Karma
    Eh, at least it's not the wand update. Hyped, then delayed for a month due to apple's long confirmation process...
  • =MGN=RedEagle=MGN=RedEagle Member
    61.30 Karma

I don't mind delays. They have happened before. What I do mind is when something has been dangled in front of the community in single player mode, and then dangled even closer to us in all the videos and promotions for cars, and then yanked back a few feet.
    There's nothing to do about it now, but hopefully in the future we won't be teased with updates like this. It causes nothing but frustration.

As long as they don't mention a day/date then I think the anticipation is good. It's like "cool, I have something to look forward to in CC" but your right, once a date is set its sometimes a let-down when it does not make it there on time. That seems to be the nature of development though, some developers I know have a saying "It's done when it's done". Either way CosmicCow always bring it out so nice and polished and Cars are looking great!
  • BlubblesBlubbles Member
    2.70 Karma
    No wonder what happened to the cars...anyways...yey..hyped for cars..again...xD.. ANOTHER FANTASTIC UPDATE COMING OUR WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOZLES
    14.05 Karma

As long as they don't mention a day/date then I think the anticipation is good. It's like "cool, I have something to look forward to in CC" but your right, once a date is set its sometimes a let-down when it does not make it there on time. That seems to be the nature of development though, some developers I know have a saying "It's done when it's done". Either way CosmicCow always bring it out so nice and polished and Cars are looking great!
    Again, my issue is not with the delay itself. In fact, out of all the things that have gone wrong with cars thus far, the delay is the part I am LEAST bothered by. Cars were advertised way too much and way too early. Cars were tested way too little and way too late. I don't honestly care that the devs need more time to fix cars. They were not informed of a bug until it was too late and they have to pick up the slack for that.
  • l0rdraz0rl0rdraz0r Member
    3.15 Karma
    As I said in another thread sure I agree the devs are not to blame here. The Beta Testers are. Every single beta tester that missed this critical issue or never thought to mention it should be getting the blame for a delayed release. Also as I mentioned CC NEEDS a new beta team. A team that can properly use Issue Trackers as well as having previous Dev and QA experience.
  • Elemental godElemental god The netherlandsMember
    309.30 Karma
    Yeah, i know cosmiccow did his best (with the other dev too of course) and slim did his best with most bugs, but there were more people added to beta to make some vids about it, but also testing on bugs (instead of opening packs hoping to get new clothing items to leak)
  • 73.50 Karma
    Another reason to not panic is this:
    https://potato.io
  • misticallmisticall Member
    50.95 Karma
    lucaaa795 said:

You missed one critical (Imo) thing
    You togheter with the other testers had fun with the cars all day long while we,the forumers,stared at a screen watching how you guys have fun.
    Thats why we all went crazy when cosmic announced the delay

Can we *PLEASE* not bring this up again? I wasn't even one of the beta testers, but I didn't like people calling it unfair. By using cars, they're testing them, and the more you use something, the bigger chance that a bug will be found. It would've been actually worse if they had tested cars for 1 hour then stopped. Doing it 'all day' as you put it means they're good beta testers.

On an unrelated note:
    I completely agree. Everyone is freaking out like a disaster happened, when in reality it's a 4 day wait. #StopTheHate everyone '-'
  • UU Member
    214.95 Karma
    The Valentine's pack came a bit late and nobody freaked out since the devs never really said that it was coming a bit late. (I think) then they say cars have to be delayed a few days and everyone freaks out.
    14.05 Karma
    Misticall said:

lucaaa795 said:

You missed one critical (Imo) thing
    You togheter with the other testers had fun with the cars all day long while we,the forumers,stared at a screen watching how you guys have fun.
    Thats why we all went crazy when cosmic announced the delay

Can we *PLEASE* not bring this up again? I wasn't even one of the beta testers, but I didn't like people calling it unfair. By using cars, they're testing them, and the more you use something, the bigger chance that a bug will be found. It would've been actually worse if they had tested cars for 1 hour then stopped. Doing it 'all day' as you put it means they're good beta testers.

On an unrelated note:
    I completely agree. Everyone is freaking out like a disaster happened, when in reality it's a 4 day wait. #StopTheHate everyone '-'
    The video he is referring to was not actually testing at all. It was goofing off with the /spawn command and just driving a car around a floor made out of pet kennels. There wasn't any testing. There wasn't any promoting. It was two hours of nothing meaningful or helpful.