A little Cars hype (coming soon)

Comments

• I'm also hoping the road blocks won't be like 1 cubit each... The race track I'm making needs around 3000
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    Honestly, I hope Road blocks are like Foundation. 500c for a pack of x amount of x block
  • Sir John GreySir John Grey Member
    edited February 2017

Will you be able to...drive the cars....without the track....?

Asking a real question there, I am thinking the same too.
    And I hope road blocks are not expensive or craftable >.<
    If they are expensive.. awww poor builders like me can't make tracks then xC
  • Yay Finally it come... just saw this thread.... anyway I like the tracks more than the cars XD and please don't make it expensive I need them a lot >.<
  • Yeah I agree the cars can and should be expensive, they are a one time purchase while the tracks/other building pieces will need to be used repeatedly.
  • Is it possible to unlock your car so other players can drive around in it?
  • PyreonPyreon Member
    edited February 2017
    There's a car remote seen in CosmicCow's inventory in the video, so I guess you can >:D
    But I'm not sure if it can be stolen, like the bomb used in mines.
  • AÍ MEU DEUS QUE SHOWWW ESPERO QUE VENHA LOGO A ATUALIZAÇÃO
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember

AÍ MEU DEUS QUE SHOWWW ESPERO QUE VENHA LOGO A ATUALIZAÇÃO

translation: THEN MY GOD SHOWWW I HOPE THAT COMES SOON TO UPDATE
  • Thanh_ said:

Ehm, when you drop the key to get the car, how are you getting it back
    it = car/key

You can just click on the car to pick it up again when you're not driving in it. You also get your keys back if you leave the realm or dc.
    @SirKewberth Are we allowed to place them and let anyone hop in and drive around while we are out of the realm? IMO it would be pretty sad for poor players if there was no way they could experience it except in the SP adventure mode...
  • Thanh_ said:

it = car/key

You can just click on the car to pick it up again when you're not driving in it. You also get your keys back if you leave the realm or dc.
    @SirKewberth Are we allowed to place them and let anyone hop in and drive around while we are out of the realm? IMO it would be pretty sad for poor players if there was no way they could experience it except in the SP adventure mode...
    Truuuue
  • Thanh_ said:

it = car/key

Yeah I hope there are a few settings you may toggle while placing it like who may enter and if it should stay in that realm till you pick it up so you can make race tracks and provide cars for people
  • @SirKewberth inquiry if the cars have inertia effect to do drifts or long turns on topspeed? And I hope they have some ^^
  • Honestly 90% of these questions can be mitigated by driving the cars in adventure mode :P
  • By the way i just hope their better than the version in the advanture mode cuz that one was just TOO noisy and TOO shaky so i hope these cars aren't really like those :3
  • agreed saiiina
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer

@SirKewberth inquiry if the cars have inertia effect to do drifts or long turns on topspeed? And I hope they have some ^^

No.. we've made no attempt to have "realistic" physics for cars. Like the other things in cubic it's more gamey cartoon motion.
  • @SirKewberth inquiry if the cars have inertia effect to do drifts or long turns on topspeed? And I hope they have some ^^

No.. we've made no attempt to have "realistic" physics for cars. Like the other things in cubic it's more gamey cartoon motion.
    Thanks for reply Sir Kewb, Last question here.. (I think xD)
    What happens when car bumped an another car, or Qbee, or A bumper? Thanks!
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer

Like qbees cars don't collide. In an mmo game with people from across the planet playing with different speeds to the server the collision would not look good enough to be fun as a game mechanic.

• Thanks for reply Sir Kewb, Last question here.. (I think xD)

Like qbees cars don't collide. In an mmo game with people from across the planet playing with different speeds to the server the collision would not look good enough to be fun as a game mechanic.
    Awh, I thought we could play bumper cars xD
  • Stevenlol said:

Awh, I thought we could play bumper cars xD
    Same xD Thanks for responses sir kewb ^^
  • @SirKewberth hey! One question: Can we have an approximate date of the car/valentine pack release?
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    edited February 2017

I know an idea! Why not make it an realm setup where you can choose if they can bump eachother or not?
  • Sir John GreySir John Grey Member
    edited February 2017

I know an idea! Why not make it an realm setup where you can choose if they can bump eachother or not?
    As sir kewb explained, it's not feasible like other mmo games since there are alot of players around the world and not all have very fast connection to server. Just imagine the lag, wanna know example? A full realm with a rental bumper 1 minute left that the foundation consists of super rares.
  • edited February 2017

@SirKewberth inquiry if the cars have inertia effect to do drifts or long turns on topspeed? And I hope they have some ^^

I honestly adore the cartoony CUTESY aesthetic of CC. <3

<blockquote class="UserQuote">

@SirKewberth hey! One question: Can we have an approximate date of the car/valentine pack release?

Original ETA was 1-2 weeks, but that was almost 1 week ago...So...
    Also my /blockquote is not appearing even though I see it in my edit window.
  • When is it going to release if I may ask?
  • I just went back in single player mode and drove the cars there. I honestly think a cheap car like the ones there a good price would be 5k and then the blocks to build the track sold separate for like 1k-1.5k the of course you have the fancy cars that can be more expensive. Also maybe when packs are released there's a very slim chance to get a car from it with that theam(example an love bug for Valentine's Day) kinda like the pets, only rarer... is that a word?... but yeah can't wait. It will make realm hopping easier.
  • >.< IF THESE COME OUT ON FEB 8TH IT'LL BE A BOSS B-DAY BUUUUUUT. I ALSO KINDA WANT THEM EARLIER...Soz for caps xD

And will the blocks be in the same pack as the carrrrr?
  • zpinolzpinol MéxicoMember
    What happen if you place the car and other Qbee jump into?
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    ZPINOL said:

What happen if you place the car and other Qbee jump into?

Only yourself can use the Car.