Yes, I am complaining AGAIN!

Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
I am complaining again. What for this time? How new-comers are treated within the game.

I feel like everyone who is new to the game is treated poorly, by the players and in a way, the admins. DONT REPLY UNLESS YOU HAVE READ FULLY! Why do I say this? When players start, while they do get that basic Present whether it be the Blue or Pink, they don't get a good idea of the game!

I know alts are a problem.. What do we need alts for anyways?! I am not souly complaining towards the dev's on their choice... When players start they are lied to about prices, they're scammed, bullied, abused and it's just not fair or right!

I know you'll say well it's their own fault they get scammed. They do not know other can pick items up when they drop it, they do not know about the many scams! I know mods can say teach them, why tell us to teach them? When the devs can do it as well! I have a simple suggestion here when a player first starts and they drop an item have a pop-up reading "WARNING: ALL ITEMS DROPPED WITHIN REALMS WHICH YOU DO NOT OWN CAN BE PICKED UP BY THE OWNERS" It's so simple yet so effective!

When players start, they're bullied by players, which I know is not something an update can fix. But I see many QBee just ignoring the bullying! It's just wrong! If you see someone getting bullied, help them, tell them how to report!

I see new players reporting players via hollas, honestly, while public shaming I see no harm! And, how is anyone meant to know they cannot report by hollas, I know there's a report button, but where's this rule saying "Don't holla reports"? How can they know? They can only know once they do the crime..

My last suggestion, and my rants over! Make every IP have 1 or 2 accounts on their PC and make players who start, have a small amount of cubits, like 1k... Alt abuse? I doubt it. If the admins can stop alt abuse on Prize Machines & Tokens, they can do it on Cubits on alts.

- I am ready for all you complaints now towards me, like always. -.- But, before you complain, tell me how my 2 suggestions I made wouldn't fix a lot of issues.

Comments

• elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    edited January 2017
    about that thing about that others can pick up things in their own realms: i already had a idea; let new players spawn in the play safe room! (you know, that room placed in the recepy realm)

about the bully things, it is very weird people are so stupid to bully someone in a game, like come on :/ in a game you can just be nice right?or is it because its easier bullying people ingame?

maybe about the non report holla: when you buy an pop up with ''do you want to buy this? REMEMBER: HOLLA'S ARENT MENT TO REPORT PEOPLE''?

i think max 4 alts would be the best and then maybe about 500c as start money (only claimable once per device/ip) since 1k is a bit too much (scammers would go very active)

p.s. your completely right
  • I'm actully not going to send complaints you're way, I do agree these are all vaild points and it's unfair for all these players and then some of them start scamming as they have been treated unfairly or they just don't know how to play properly with them starting and getting 1k maybe make it like the perk you get at lvl 60 but make it so when you reach lvl 10 you get 1k or lvl 15 and put it on a sign in there starter realm so they know they will get a reward and maybe advertise the fourms more cause here is a great place to learn about how to avoid scams and what prices are and how to deal with things. So ya I agree totally with all of the things said above I hope this gets some popularity and we can do something about it.
  • I am complaining again. What for this time? How new-comers are treated within the game.

I feel like everyone who is new to the game is treated poorly, by the players and in a way, the admins. DONT REPLY UNLESS YOU HAVE READ FULLY! Why do I say this? When players start, while they do get that basic Present whether it be the Blue or Pink, they don't get a good idea of the game!

I know alts are a problem.. What do we need alts for anyways?! I am not souly complaining towards the dev's on their choice... When players start they are lied to about prices, they're scammed, bullied, abused and it's just not fair or right!

I know you'll say well it's their own fault they get scammed. They do not know other can pick items up when they drop it, they do not know about the many scams! I know mods can say teach them, why tell us to teach them? When the devs can do it as well! I have a simple suggestion here when a player first starts and they drop an item have a pop-up reading "WARNING: ALL ITEMS DROPPED WITHIN REALMS WHICH YOU DO NOT OWN CAN BE PICKED UP BY THE OWNERS" It's so simple yet so effective!

When players start, they're bullied by players, which I know is not something an update can fix. But I see many QBee just ignoring the bullying! It's just wrong! If you see someone getting bullied, help them, tell them how to report!

I see new players reporting players via hollas, honestly, while public shaming I see no harm! And, how is anyone meant to know they cannot report by hollas, I know there's a report button, but where's this rule saying "Don't holla reports"? How can they know? They can only know once they do the crime..

My last suggestion, and my rants over! Make every IP have 1 or 2 accounts on their PC and make players who start, have a small amount of cubits, like 1k... Alt abuse? I doubt it. If the admins can stop alt abuse on Prize Machines & Tokens, they can do it on Cubits on alts.

- I am ready for all you complaints now towards me, like always. -.- But, before you complain, tell me how my 2 suggestions I made wouldn't fix a lot of issues.

I 100% agree.
    Though you listed many good ideas, how do we stop the BULLYING? I agree with all of that, but we can't really stop bullying. I support ya
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    I know bullying can't be stopped, sadly, it's a part of life... But I have seen active, popular players IGNORE it when they could help.
  • whistler-kingwhistler-king Member
    edited January 2017
    I strongly agree with you as I am one of those new players constantly being mocked and abused for being low-level, The holla report yoke needs to be added to the rules, once again I agree. Lastly, the 1,000c may not be necessary as it'll just add frustration to the players because they're either tricked or lied to about prices.
  • lazylupinelazylupine Member
    edited January 2017
    Agreed.
    >The 1,000c will just be abused with people using data on their phones to make constant new accounts.

I've seen a lot of people with rares called p2w as well, (This is common for people who switch accounts)

Also, I strongly believe there needs to be a new starter realm.
    Where players are able to learn how to play, in a safe way.

What ever happened to the message warning you about dropping your items? (Unsure if this existed but I remember seeing it.)

Agreed.
    >The 1,000c will just be abused with people using data on their phones to make constant new accounts.

I've seen a lot of people with rares called p2w as well, (This is common for people who switch accounts)

I can tell you didn't read everything. If this was put in place, like how tokens work, only 1 will be given out per IP. Only illegal ways will be the option to bypass this.
  • Agreed.

I can tell you didn't read everything. If this was put in place, like how tokens work, only 1 will be given out per IP. Only illegal ways will be the option to bypass this.
    How about if a player has 3 or more devices.. It could be easily abused imo.
    edited January 2017

Agreed.

IP is internet based no device based. Only 1 person per internet can have it, ONCE. Not once per device.
  • Agreed.

IP is internet based no device based. Only 1 person per internet can have it, ONCE. Not once per device.
    Then how about those who use mobile data? I have 3 phones with different sim cards, but only use one. It still has a loophole.
  • edited January 2017
    there are always loopholers, just go w common sense in making safeguards and punish loopholers accordingly.
    Don't completely ban alts, tho! there are a few legit reasons for needing an alt. say someone is very popular n cant go online without being mobbed by clan members, friends, even strangers? how are they to get any exploring or mining done or have some quiet time with just a few closest friends in game without an anonymous alt for privacy? not that i would ever need such a thing. cough, cough.
  • Nice ideas and I really agree. However, the 1000c-500c is isnt a good idea in my opinion. As scammers will just roam around finding random newbies and tricking them.and like luciewinterwolf said there are always LOOPholes
  • I strongly agree about the bullying one. I had a friend when I was new in game and he was bullied by a player to do something or otherwise he will do something not good etc. And when I ask for help (I don't know what is report button before lols) high lvl players just "lol"ed at me and said it was just business :v
  • New players usually don't have anything worth scamming, but they would do if they had a starter amount and be a prime target for bullying. People would find ways to alt abuse eventually too. I can see what you're saying about other players being cold to new players though; sometimes its with good reason when there are some of them who all they do is ask for free stuff or whine about being poor/new and/or ask for build permission which you know full well they are going to dismantle your builds, add stuff where you don't want it or find your realm cleaned.

I don't like hollas with people flinging drama about, seriously what is telling everyone going to do other than make you look silly? If you're scammed, one rule can promise you'd never get scammed: don't trade or drop anything unless you don't mind losing it, no ifs no buts no coconuts. You have zero proof who did what - as a matter of fact, someone once came to my shop and said they'd holla me as a scammer if I didn't give them something they wanted... No idea what happened if they did or not, I banned them from my realm and logged out for dinner. The point is the best thing to do is take what a player says as if both true and a lie; do nothing about it and leave it for admins/mods to handle.

If you're really supportive of this, nothing is stopping you helping new players out, I'm sure they'd appreciate it and you'll get some cool new friends in the process =)
  • I agree with most of the things you said.
    While I don't think new accounts should start with cubits (for obvious reasons), I do agree that the way new players are treated is poor. And the sad part is, most of it could be solved by just adding some things to the game!

For example, rather than making them goto the learning center and then go through a door into a realm which teaches scam safety, why not show them that first? I mean, I only learnt about different scams after I was atleast level 20, and I only learnt the rules of the game once I joined the forums.

There isn't much we can do about bullying. This is an MMO, which means other players will be playing and of course there will be some players who are not so nice. The only possible solution (that I can think of) is to further inforce the rules, start to be more strict on bullying. Maybe even put up a system warning "SYSTEM: Bullying will get you banned! Be nice!" or something.
  • xShirouxxShiroux Member
    edited February 2017
    I see no hate in this post, it's not causing any arguments.
  •   Ed  Ed Game Moderator
    Maybe instead of the hat perk that everyone can choose at level 1 there could be a cubit one
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    edited January 2017
    Late at night.. no will to read the comments ( yet ).. But i read the OP and i have to say that you have some valid points there Peng.

Some extra warning notices would be quite helpful. @SirKewberth

Abusing low levels? shameful, but it exists in every game. Not saying that we should except the fact and ignore it, just the the opposite. We all can make a small difference. Get out there and help out the new players and low levels! They are the future!

Holla'ing about players in such a context that could be seen as "slander" is abuse, and can quite often lead to further abuse by other players who see said holla, regardless if the individual is innocent or guilty.
    I Don't see anything wrong with verbally warning such players who slander their fellow qbee's to the entire qbee community, and potentially a mute/warning for those who do not pay heed, but straight out mutes and warning without a friendly verbal warning would be a bit excessive on a moderators part, but there is always an occasional case where it calls for a heavy hand such as including swearing, threats and et cetera within said holla.
    Don't forget, all holla's are seen by everyone.

On top of that ^ , a few general rules should be included within the store description.

P.S: Suggestions/Comments. :)
  • Agreed.

She means: You can use data on phones to make unlimited alts even if your normal internet has been all used up of alts.

So that would probably let people w/ phones abuse it for the 1K.
  • I know bullying can't be stopped, sadly, it's a part of life... But I have seen active, popular players IGNORE it when they could help.

AGREEEE NO LIE ;-;

mostly popular and rich player doesnt care to newb e.e they was like "I should do not having any friendship with them cuz I wanna be a pro and having a mod in my list". either some of them dont know anything about being a pro because being a pro is by helping everyone.

God made Human, God give us brain, a brain to think which one is right and which one is wrong. Stop scamming and bullying, dont you realized how sad the people you bullied? how sad the p eople you were scam? its just a game.

Think twice, play safety, help everyone.
  • lazylupinelazylupine Member
    edited January 2017

Agreed.

Then how about those who use mobile data? I have 3 phones with different sim cards, but only use one. It still has a loophole.
    +1

Also, as said above Mobile data is completely different than an IP Address.
    And how rude of you to assume I didn't read it because of a small misunderstanding.
    //

Now that I re-read this I dis-agree with quite a bit of what you're ranting on.

I understand your point, but Newcomers won't even have cubits. I don't see how they can be lied to until they actually figure out how cubits work. ((And you may say oh, but offers exist. If they're a newer player how will they even figure out how to go to stores? ))

I myself have joined in arguments due to someone bullying a new q-bee. The report button isn't needed unless actual insults are being thrown. (i.e swears, racism,)

If it's something simple like "Noob", there's no need to report as "noob" shouldn't be seen as an insult anymore. (This is usually a complaint for bullying and I find it pretty silly.)

Half of the time, Newer Q-bees are the ones getting themselves into this whirl, I've experienced some newer Q-bee being racist earlier, I comment and their immediate action was to call me stupid, and a b**.

While not all of them cause the fight, others are usually guided under someone's wing.

And with the mobile data thing, AGAIN. Your data is completely different. You're able to make a million alts with data as long as you have it.

Last but not least there are thousands (probably a hyperbole) of videos on youtube explaining how to start off. You're not gonna get through anywhere without being bullied or picked on once or twice.

I remember meeting a 30 year old q-bee,(A bit old compared to my age, but they were very nice.) they had just started off and I guided them a bit, but they had told me they already knew what they were doing and I'm like woah okay then.

@VelvetLotus +1. Exactly what I was going for tbh.
  • Ma'amMa'am Member
    edited January 2017
    TAKE TIME TO READ THIS!
    I tried this by making an alt account but I assume that i won't use that again.

So I tested some other players by creating some accounts. How they interact with other players w/ or w/o any fancy dresses.

I told Hi to them or Hello and out of 20 maybe i got a response like 5 out of 20 players. On the other hand I asked them if they can help me because I got scammed (Didn't mentioned any names) and then suddenly they ignored me, is like they ate a glue from not talking or giving any helps.

This is the most saddest among all. I am asking for a "STONE HAMMER" and some HIGH AF LEVELS a.k.a PRO -sigh/ew- sadly the owner banned me just dumped me in the outside world.

Onwards... I used my main account, went to those players who abused/bullied low levels. So I adlib the whole time showing that that isn't me. And after several minutes I asked them if I they have Stone Hammer, they respond quickly saying "Wait! I'll go get it" and gave me 4 stone hammers.

This just shows how the system or community goes.
    I didn't surprised me anymore, the ones who ignored? Nah. But the ones who helped some new players to rise in the game. They're the ones who surprised me the most My respect belongs to you fellow qbee!

Note: Approach me if you need anything or helps. It's my pleasure to help you! But sometimes I'm quite lazy too do something.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Just going to add how you said that the 1,000c would only be given out once per IP like tokens.. I get tokens on at least 5 of my accounts (Probably more). So I would end up getting 5,000c?

Also, at first I was complaining about some things in cc but after the new policy changes and everything that has been done lately I don't see a reason to complain. They're obvisouly trying their best to make cubic castles a better place. Yes I do agree that new players can be mocked and that type of stuff but anyone can be mocked it's just a part of cc. Even I get mocked at times, just today somebody said I was a scammer and that I stole their fox costume, other days people curse at me, etc.

• This is...amazing...just pulled out all the word out of my tounge...i love it...i dont like how new players are treated and i think both those suggestions can easily fix it!
  • edited January 2017

I know bullying can't be stopped, sadly, it's a part of life... But I have seen active, popular players IGNORE it when they could help.

To be honest, I'd do whatever I can to help...which isn't much. But I want to believe I at least TRY.

Only issue about most of those "new players" is that they don't stay for more than a day. My roster in my clan is proof. I have like hundreds of members, yet ever see like a dozen or 2 at most.

To any new players - yes, DIRECTLY addressing you - feel free to ask me for whatever. I might not always help, and it's not because I'm ignoring you. It's that I'm usually just too busy running my clan or doing my OWN business. Or maybe it's because I'm so sick of "shops" and kids wanting free everythings that it's the one thing I do *NOT* want to actively "help" with. >.<
  • I agree with most of what you said above

Unless they were lucky to meet a (or some/many) good player (players) like I was, it's likely that they would quit after days/weeks/months because of boredom/bully/etc.

About the suggestions, I like the idea of having a notification as you said there (Although I believe that half of the newbies never read them), but the idea of ip restriction won't work really well. Why? Being mentioned above, people will exploit "Loopholes". Alts are part of any MMO game, so even this won't stop them from alt abusing and such.

But, instead of waiting for the devs to solve it, it's best to do it ourselves by helping them as much as possible!

+1 to all that are and will always be helpful to the new players!
  • BlueIn-92BlueIn-92 Member
    edited February 2017
    This is my second time commenting as I've kept up with all of these comments. But Like CD87 said above it's about meeting the right people and I frist started playing on differnt accounts in 2014 but and I quit alteast 4 times in that 3 year time zone That's minimum probbally over 7 or 8 times. The reason for it being I really never had any friends I had a huge friend list but never anybody that was super in touch with me but I restarted with a brand new account on October 13th 2016 and I found one really great friend @Bluejay_1 and I have stuck with him this whole time and I've enjoyed this game so much more. We have started a really awesome building project and he even has a sister so that's another great person to hang out with. Also when I didn't have any friends I seemed to lvl up slower idk how but the highest I ever got on any other account (Note playing for way more time also) was lvl 23 I've been playing since October 2016 as mentioned above, and I am a lvl 37.