Combat Tournament: Paladin Dance

*Mega* is the new Champion of the Tournament! Congratulations!
AidenPlayz was Runner-Up. DarkShadow1 was 3rd with *TheBusyMiner* winning 4th. Congrats to all!

Ha ha, Very Funny.

ANYWAY! Highlights from Last Time!

Battle
Cosmic Hope

So, what is it THIS TIME!? Saturday January 14, 2017, at 4PM Cubic/Pacific Time, the next COMBAT TOURNAMENT WILL COMMENCE! I was planning on giving more leeway in terms of advanced notice (specifically AT LEAST a month, while this reality falls JUST SHY of a month), but I just got done *WRANGLING* my Paladins into discussing what the best time would be for them in terms of showing up. And this time-and-date is what the available consensus decided. It was a Clan Meeting that saw a grand total of about 12 different Attendees, with 3 or 4 of my Lieutenants in attendance. Everybody else, was offline. :'(

By now, you should be familiar with most of the rules. The meeting could not hammer out the FINER points of the event (put bluntly, if I may speak freely, it felt like herding a bunch of [INSULTS REDACTED]), so that is at my sole discretion as the host of the event (and the transparent leader/king/ruler of my clan). This time, specifically, it is a 1v1 event, with HARM WANDS ONLY!!! If you do not HAVE a wand, one will be provided to you at the start of the event. That is correct, no Knockback, no Heal, no Shrink, and no Necro. Only HARM wands!

You know the rules about THE LIST! I keep a LIST of who fights and who doesn't. To get ON the LIST, find SOME way to get your name to me, and your interest in fighting. Remember: you have up till 10AM Cubic/Pacific Time on that day to change your mind and/or change your name! Those who ARE on that list, are committed to fighting or face forced forfeit. Those NOT on the list, will NOT be able to join!

Registration is open NOW, and will CLOSE at the 6 Hour Warning.

If you DO change your mind or your name, that info must be relayed to ME, so the LIST can be properly updated. To participate, YOUR NAME ON THE LIST HAS TO APPEAR *EXACTLY* AS IT DOES IN-GAME!!! Nevarwel had this problem, who was also known as 007 Awesome 007 on the Forums (AND on THE LIST), but FAILED to communicate this to me prior. Either that, or *I* was the [INSULTS REDACTED] who completely forgot about the message. But I am confident it was rather a failure to communicate this problem BEFORE the event started.

I did Sepail a monstrous favor last time, and I'm still kicking myself in the gonads over it. Next time that kind of abrupt bracket change is demanded DURING THE EVENT, I oughta just outright cancel the event! And then NOBODY wins!

What's the twist THIS round? There will be rows of Cannons constantly firing, at the outermost parts of the Ring pointing inward towards a middle ground. The sweeping shots will create a "No Bee's Land" in the center, and the starting marks leave players out of wand range, so the only way they can engage each other is to get into that middle-ground. This specifically means that they not only have to dodge each other, but the cannons as well. THIS, is the Paladin Dance.

OH FOR GOODNESS SAKES!

*Ahem*

Lord of the Darkness (Damn arrows in Lord's name, messing up my HTML syntax) will help me referee, though I could use a third referee and third gather bumper. One is in the stands doing crowd control, and one on each side of the "safe zones" within the Ring. That's because the center is "No Bee's Land" so it won't be too safe to traverse that area just to set up the combatants at their starting points.

The PRIZES this time, will be 3 tiers. The Champion wins both GLORY(!) and a hefty 10K Cubits. The Runner-Up will get 5K Cubits. That seems fine and dandy, but there is one more twist this time. There will be a THIRD Semifinal Round. The two losers who did NOT make it to the Final Round, will fight each other. The winner of this extra round will be granted a "Third Place" prize of 2K Cubits. And for the heck of it, the "Forth Place" will get a prize of 1K Cubits. So all Semifinalists win SOMETHING! This special round happens right before the Final Round.

Any more questions, please ask! I promise I will answer ASAP. Also be on the lookout for updates.

THE LIST! Thanks for the suggestion (so now you know who's on and who's not, making the process more transparent); this will be updated as necessary:

Hosted by The Platinum Paladin
*Luminous* (Formerly >>Lord of the Darkness<<) is helping referee

Combatants!

themoar50
makeupone
spacetraveller
The Golden Paladin (formerly Cosmic.) (Formerly HowDoIPlayCC)
*Mega* (Formerly Dimension Savior YT)
-Unny-
CD87
jad kheirallah
'Sir Fox'
LittleFiona13
^Hope^
AidenPlayz
whitegamer55
UltimaZ
*_-Zikatis-_*
cosmix cow
Dark Shadow1
Mr. Pud
BlatantFool

Comments

• CD87CD87 Member
    edited December 2016
    I will 100% join, so make sure to add me to the LIST!

Questions:
    +When are you going to build the arena? (Add the cannons and stuff)
    +Can we visit it before the fight?

Suggestions:
    +Put the LIST in this thread to check whether they are added or not
    +Don't make a flat, empty arena. That's just boring and somewhat... not good with cannons
    +Less talk and chat, because I don't have much time

Good luck to all!
    @CD87
  • edited December 2016
    CD87 said:

I will 100% join, so make sure to add me to the LIST!

Questions:
    +When are you going to build the arena? (Add the cannons and stuff)
    +Can we visit it before the fight?

Suggestions:
    +Put the LIST in this thread to check whether they are added or not
    +Don't make a flat, empty arena. That's just boring and somewhat... not good with cannons
    +Less talk and chat, because I don't have much time

Good luck to all!
    @CD87

Done

The Arena is KINDA built, but I plan on doing the detail-touches ASAP. That could be anywhere from a couple days to a week or 2 from now. Nothing more specific now, sorry.

You can practice all you want! The Arena is open to the PUBLIC unless there is an official event ongoing at the time! In which case it is locked down tighter than a Real Life military fort! :D

As for suggestions...I can keep the updated list on the Forums, specifically in the "original post". The flat arena would actually enhance the challenge with the cannons...and that challenge is the entire POINT for this one particular bout. Finally, it's hard to chat when there are mute bumpers. :P But I need the realm muted so I can run my event. I apologize for all of those who'd enjoy being able to comment about the event or cheer people on or whatever. But muting is a "necessary evil" to make this run as smoothly as possible. Everything I say when the Arena is muted, is strictly for conducting the event to keep it as smooth as possible. It's unmuted DURING The fight because I don't need to worry as much about conducting during that time; the main logistics at that point are already handled and tied-up.
  • SepailSepail Member
    edited December 2016
    2am for me.... This tournament i want prove i will win, but no chanse to be on at 2 of the night. Good luck reaper
  • I will join the tournament :3 unless you need me to ref I could do that :)
  • The Death ReaperThe Death Reaper Behind youMember
    Sepail said:

2am for me.... This tournament i want prove i will win, but no chanse to be on at 2 of the night. Good luck reaper

Lol I don't know the time yet
    In my place
  • I'll join.
  • edited December 2016
    'Sir.Fox' said:

I will join the tournament :3 unless you need me to ref I could do that :)

I'll keep that in mind, especially since I can't count on Joe being awake during the Tournament. He is so many hours later than my own time zone, and the poor guy needs to sleep for school. Not blaming him, just I don't think the Evening for the States would be a good appointment for those in England. :/
  • im in (again) i just wanna see who will be the person to kill me
  • The Arena is now ready! And here's an idea of what you have to look forward to! >:D

Paladin Dance
  • Plati.. I dunno if I can get to the tournament... It will be like 2 AM..

But count me in if I'll be there.
  • edited December 2016
    List updated.

Sasuke38
    themoar50
    makeupone
    spacetraveller
    Dimension Savior YT
    -Unny-
    CD87
    jad kheirallah
    'Sir Fox'
    LittleFiona13
    ^Hope^
    AidenPlayz
  • Just saw the arena, would be much more fun if you add 2 extra vertical cannon lines
  • edited December 2016
    CD87 said:

Just saw the arena, would be much more fun if you add 2 extra vertical cannon lines

That, can be arranged. >;) All I know is, that would be absurdly hard, and players would probably spend more time dodging cannons than each other. >.<
  • CD87 said:

Just saw the arena, would be much more fun if you add 2 extra vertical cannon lines

That, can be arranged. >;) All I know is, that would be absurdly hard, and players would probably spend more time dodging cannons than each other. >.<</p>
    You can use cannons instead of fast cannons to make it easier, although I'd like a mix between those two, but that would be two hard.

After all, you need to move to dance, not just standing in one place lol
    Hmm 2am for me, what time is it for you in this event CD?
  • CD87 said:

CD87 said:

That, can be arranged. >;) All I know is, that would be absurdly hard, and players would probably spend more time dodging cannons than each other. >.<</p>
    You can use cannons instead of fast cannons to make it easier, although I'd like a mix between those two, but that would be two hard.

After all, you need to move to dance, not just standing in one place lol
    They ARE normal cannons, not fast cannons.
  • Also, count Dark Shadow1 in. I hope at least hin will get online. xD
  • CD87CD87 Member
    edited December 2016

Hmm 2am for me, what time is it for you in this event CD?

@The%20Death%20Reaper
    Wait, wasn't it 8am to you? (7am to me)
  • ^Hope^ said:

Also, count Dark Shadow1 in. I hope at least hin will get online. xD

Already on the list. :P I'll update it soonish.
  • Prob one if my alts
  • You can count on me this time!
    I'll join this battle!
  • I'll join the battle too if I'm not too late.
  • Done and done; you have about 2 weeks left to register. Also I updated the current list, which should reflect most (if not all) the name-changes of recent memory.

*Luminous* (Formerly >>Lord of the Darkness<<) is helping referee

Combatants!

themoar50
    makeupone
    spacetraveller
    -Unny-
    CD87
    jad kheirallah
    'Sir Fox'
    LittleFiona13
    ^Hope^
    AidenPlayz
    whitegamer55
    UltimaZ
    *_-Zikatis-_*
    cosmix cow
    Dark Shadow1
    Mr. Pud
    BlatantFool
    I'm joining then cuz...why not?
  • I'm joining then cuz...why not?

Oooo..Riper in action! xD
  • I'm in
  • There have been a couple name-changes, but other than that, most has been slow over the past week or 2. So, once I can iron out those changes, I'll put up an updated list.
  • edited January 2017
    With name-changes updated and a couple friends declaring themselves on-leave, here is the updated list.

You have 2 days and half an hour as of this writing to change your mind or convince your other friends to take part.

Combat Tournament January
    *Sir Lumi* (Formerly *Luminous*) (Formerly >>Lord of the Darkness<<) is helping referee

Combatants!

themoar50
    makeupone
    spacetraveller
    *TheBusyMiner* (Formerly The Golden Paladin) (formerly Cosmic.) (Formerly HowDoIPlayCC)
    -Unny-
    CD87
    jad kheirallah (MAYBE?! Blah, I hate complications).
    'Sir Fox'
    ^Hope^
    AidenPlayz
    whitegamer55
    UltimaZ
    *_-Zikatis-_*
    cosmix cow
    Dark Shadow1
    BlatantFool
    The Death Reaper
    cube plu
    Spartaboss