#SayNoToNametags

Comments

• BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    Very interesting responses.
    Though some of you are focusing on just one or two points of the suggestion to include to your arguments.

Perhaps a poll will be needed to gain a clearer perspective of the majority.
  • edited January 2017
    I can't help but agree at least somewhat. I've had a couple of my best Paladins changing names like 3 or more times, and that gets both confusing and expensive. I want people to really stick with what they choose...and none of this would be a problem if you get it right on the first try.

It gets even MORE confusing when you have signs that honor said individuals (like if they were otherwise outstanding members of my clan, but went through 4 or 5 different names).

THAT SAID, most peons do not have the introspection (and seclusion) that I have...and even if they did, chances are they'd get bored out of their sorry impulsive skulls.
    Another interesting point added.
    BJDware said:

There are also individuals who troll and attempt to steal/fake another players identity.
  • -1 to the idea of removing tags all together.
    +1 to the idea of making nametags a higher price.
  • * UltimaZ ** UltimaZ * Member
    edited January 2017
    gdog said:

Jasky said:

You choose a name and you should stick with it forever. Just like in real life, but your parents do the choosing. I think re-choosing once is a great idea! I mean I started off with a random name given to me by the game and then I chose my own username and I will stick with it, because it's what I want to be called and known as. :)
    No need for tags at all in my opinion. #SayNoToNametags

You can change your name in real life though.

OT - what about a system similar to steam where it shows you previous names.
    name

This would be a great tool for moderation purposes too.

I AGREE TO THIS!!!

They already raised the price.. So whats the point of adding this? Its literally ripping players' wallets off.

MAYBE U ARE A SCAMMER! i hate scammers... if u choose ur name its for ever...

• UltimaZ said:

They already raised the price.. So whats the point of adding this? Its literally ripping players' wallets off.

MAYBE U ARE A SCAMMER! i hate scammers... if u choose ur name its for ever...

Im not a scammer ._.
    I am just pointing out that they already raised the price... So this means less and less players will use nametags due to high cost. Calling someone a scammer without even knowing them is foolish...
  • I sort of agree.

I have only changed my name a couple times because I thought of a new better name. Also, alot of people start off with the name the game gives them and most likely will never get the c to change their name.
    So...

Read Down!

Why not, as soon as the game loads and you're a new account, it'll be some sort of different desifn or page, and it'll let you choose a name. Also it could tell you "You may not be able to change your name after this one is selected.. Something like that.
  • Or... How about something like:
    1st Name change- Cost: 3,000c
    2nd Name change- Cost: 5,000c
    3rd Name change- Cost: 7,000c
    4th Name change- Cost: 10,000c
    10th Name change- Cost: 30,000c (Maybe a little ripoff but you get the point...)
  • I totally agree
    AND
    Have a limit to how many you can use, like only 2.

PLUS
    Some scammers, might scam like thousands of c! And then change their name, so know one knows and they can't get banned :O!

Personally, i hate nametags, and i've never used em :)
  • Or... How about something like:
    10th Name change- Cost: 30,000c (Maybe a little ripoff but you get the point...)

But then you could just buy nametags from other people for cheaper. Or you could create a new account, give it 3,000c, buy the nametag on that account, then give it to your main account.
  • A list of past names would be nice, sometimes people tp to me and I have no idea who they are...
    edited January 2017
    UltimaZ said:

MAYBE U ARE A SCAMMER! i hate scammers...

I Appreciate the support and your input. But please refrain from such comments. It is not really needed.

Or... How about something like:

That is actually quite an interesting idea.
    fishstep said:

But then you could just buy nametags from other people for cheaper. Or you could create a new account, give it 3,000c, buy the nametag on that account, then give it to your main account.

That is the only downfall to the idea yes. It would only work if nametags were removed completely. And i don't think we want that done.

A List of past names as Gdog suggested is actually quite good. But it is not my aim here to be honest. Still, i would like to see the idea implemented along with some name change restrictions.
  • edited January 2017
    fishstep said:

It works different on accounts... And nametags won't be tradeable... Just imagine them working like hollas. You cannot trade them, but you can use by activating it.
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    BJDware said:

UltimaZ said:

MAYBE U ARE A SCAMMER! i hate scammers...

I Appreciate the support and your input. But please refrain from such comments. It is not really needed.

That is actually quite an interesting idea.
    fishstep said:

That is the only downfall to the idea yes. It would only work if nametags were removed completely. And i don't think we want that done.

A List of past names as Gdog suggested is actually quite good. But it is not my aim here to be honest. Still, i would like to see the idea implemented along with some name change restrictions.

gdog said:

Jasky said:

You choose a name and you should stick with it forever. Just like in real life, but your parents do the choosing. I think re-choosing once is a great idea! I mean I started off with a random name given to me by the game and then I chose my own username and I will stick with it, because it's what I want to be called and known as. :)

Also if that isnt added maybe good is that people can only buy once a nametag (and also make it untradeable because people just make alts and give it to themselfs or they buy it from a shop)
  • BJDware said:

This will be a very radical suggestion to many out there, so please bare with me.
    #SayNoToNametags

The Suggestion:

-Remove the ability to use more than one Nametag per account.

Other Possibilities:
    -Also the possibility of a second use after X amount of time has passed.
    -Can only be used once every X amount of time has passed.
    -Can only be used X amount of times.
    -After each use, time before another can be used escalates.
    -Raise the price.
    -Any other idea's?

-Include a "Previous names" list.

Why?:

One thing you have to realize, is that "your name is your identity" within games such as this. Using a Nametag is more than just changing your name.

-----

There is nothing worst than people who constantly change their name. People such as myself, find ourselves constantly asking.. "who are you? >.> ". I Tend to lean towards removing them from my list, rather than trying to remember who they once were.

Or then there are those you unfriend for a suitable reason, and they change their name. How are we to recognize them?

Then there is those who gather themselves a reputation and use a Nametag to hide from said rep. Ok, fair enough.. but a reduced amount of times a player can change their name will make them think twice about gaining a reputation in the first place.

There are also individuals who troll and attempt to steal/fake another players identity.

------

I'm sure many other reasons can be thought of, but the biggest reason.. the reason why i am even suggesting this.. Name is identity. There is no other unique identifying markers.

We all should stick to the name we have chosen, with the ability for new users to change to a better name if chosen unwisely. That's my two cents.

What are your thoughts & Idea's upon this?:

Feel free to comment below.
    I like the idea but what about people who need to lay low for a while what would they do they couldnt change their name back to normal when they are done laying low. Other than that i kinda like the idea

I like the idea but what about people who need to lay low for a while what would they do they couldnt change their name back to normal when they are done laying low. Other than that i kinda like the idea

Most people have alts for such a thing :P
  • BJDware said:

I don't wanna "lay low!" Quite the opposite! I'm trying to make a name for myself as a Superhero among the Cubic Castles community! :D
  • +1
    Some people change their name too much it's annoying :/
    One time I asked someone who they were and they told me they were X but he wasn't that person :/
    I used a nametag just to add "*" to my name cause I thought it was a bit plain but I'm not gonna change my name again!

#SayNoToNameTags
  • gdog said:

Jasky said:

You can change your name in real life though.

OT - what about a system similar to steam where it shows you previous names.
    name

This would be a great tool for moderation purposes too.
    +1 to gdog's idea..

-1 to no nametags..
    I'm just in a bad state in my life and I want to pick a name that shows how I feel but not in a awkward way. I am having trouble decieding on a name that fits me that sounds good to me and makes other smile when hearing it too. I know I change my name a lot but I have a reason for doing so. I like my old name Fluffymcdoodle but at sometimes I just wanna change. I don't like being the same and sometimes I feel "Oh it's took long" or "Oh it's too short" I don't know what to choose. And now they have raised the price on nametags? What if I don't like my name. I cant afford 7-10k. I barely get 3k sometimes. Sometimes I feel my name is self centered. I just am having trouble deciding. Now I can not decide. I choose once and.. I'm stuck with it. I cant go back to the old me and I cant go to a new, better one. I hate this update, it's the worst one yet. I just want to be able to express myself freely but now, I don't know if I am able to do that. I once had trouble deciding my gender or my preference male or female mates. I say and I will say it again #BringBackNames #SayYesToNameTags #StopTheRebuttal
  • BJDware said:

Yes but eventally the reason the person is layign low will figure out their alts and know its them so what will they do then?
  • Well, I'd say, just add a cooldown to the nametags. 30 days is ideal. Nametags are a good feature, so I would like them to remain in game. However, increasing the price... it has already been done. I do not think it is reasonable to increase it any more.

BJDware said:

Yes but eventally the reason the person is layign low will figure out their alts and know its them so what will they do then?
    Then they are simply not laying low enough xD
    All else fails.. lock it.
    PEgaming said:

Well, I'd say, just add a cooldown to the nametags. 30 days is ideal. Nametags are a good feature, so I would like them to remain in game. However, increasing the price... it has already been done. I do not think it is reasonable to increase it any more.

Personally, i would be content with that.
  • Lol just punish scammers but not allowing them to use namtags. Make me only be able to change their name once XD
    I Would be honestly happier if just a little more restriction was added in regards to name changing. Just a little bit..

Lol just punish scammers but not allowing them to use namtags. Make me only be able to change their name once XD

Lol.
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember

Lol just punish scammers but not allowing them to use namtags. Make me only be able to change their name once XD

thats actually a good idea; once warned you cant change your name
  • +1 i always find scammers changing there names after a big scam
  • The thing about people saying that changing their identity name yada yada yada... Why would you need that? Why would someone need to change their identity anyways?

If you are a .... meanie, then you deserve to feel the consequences. Not anyone's fault but yours, and that's what I stand by. You chose a name at the start of the game, and now you're stuck with it.
  • Maby nametags could have an effect where you can see friended player’s previous names if you have been a friend before they changed it.
  • Professional KillerProfessional Killer GreeceForum Moderator, Retired Moderator
    Reopening upon request, keep the feedback coming. :)
  • huehuehue +1