How to avoid the vending machine scam, thanks to Pixel and Ace

Ed  Ed Game Moderator
vendingscam
Red - How the scam works
Blue - How to get the items

Be careful for the owner of the realm, he can ban you or take the items before you get them

All credits to @Sir. Pixel and @Sir Ace The Nukerator

Comments

• There's also 1 more scam i got scammed by today... the owner will stand next to the foundation blocks and when u will rent the new place he will break the foundation blocks before u go and break the glass
  • There's also 1 more scam i got scammed by today... the owner will stand next to the foundation blocks and when u will rent the new place he will break the foundation blocks before u go and break the glass

Or underground ive seen that too

Yea saw that one too
  •   Ed  Ed Game Moderator
    This works only for that type of scam
    Got no solution other than not buying for the others, yet
  • BeanGollymBeanGollym Member
    edited October 2016
    Thats a new type of scam like ED said. I suggested an idea that no one can mine the green blocks for 1-5mins, this prevents the scam because you have more time to get the items ._. So that stops one scam in its track completely

I posted a thread on the a-s team's forum here http://theantiscammers.forumtl.com
  • Sir. PixelSir. Pixel EnglandMember
    The realm has been updated to add some other types. However, Ace's solution would fix most scams.
  • The realm has been updated to add some other types. However, Ace's solution would fix most scams.

Hello Sir Pixel: I want to register so I can join your anti-scamming society
  • Someone else can get the "prize" before you. Best bet is to stay away from both ones like picturerd above and also big platforms. O and if there's a mannaquin on top, thoes have sentrys. If you use vending machines use ones that are only two long and have the items in glass righ on top of the foundation. Also remember what the mods say, the best way to buy is in a register. Be safe y'all and have fun.
  • There is also the sentry mannequin one
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    If you're using something other than a cash register to trade then you're vulnerable. You really have to trust who you're buying from. If there's a solid block on top of the foundations under the item being sold I would just not buy in that case.
  • BeanGollymBeanGollym Member
    edited October 2016

The realm has been updated to add some other types. However, Ace's solution would fix most scams.

Hello Sir Pixel: I want to register so I can join your anti-scamming society
    Heyo TBM :d any how, Sir. Pixel is currently thinking of application questions. Please tp to me asap and I'll tell you the rest (Btw if you want to join, please check our forums first. Can be found on our official thread)

If you're using something other than a cash register to trade then you're vulnerable. You really have to trust who you're buying from. If there's a solid block on top of the foundations under the item being sold I would just not buy in that case.

Thats why there should be a time limit for how long until you can get rid of the green foundation blocks.

There is also the sentry mannequin one

Yus and I am the one who got scammed by it -.-ll Tbh I don't think you should be allowed to place any kind of sentries down on a foundation block rent
  • Exactly. I've seen Modified do a few hollas so I've trusted him enough to do a vending machine. And I ended up with one of my dreamies, but as you mention it is possible for the owner to ban you before getting the items..

• elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember

There's also 1 more scam i got scammed by today... the owner will stand next to the foundation blocks and when u will rent the new place he will break the foundation blocks before u go and break the glass

gladly the person that does that gets banned every time xD
  • I think I heard someone was using vending machines then using an alt w/ perm to get the stuff back o-O

Yea its the truth i have like 4 ppl doing this #Besmartnotrich
  • How I think of vending machines are kind of bad 1. It costs more money just sell it when you offline there's no point in buying the bumpers and blocks if your not going to use it for rentals 2. Because it may more likely be a scam I think people shouldn't use vending machines for a way of selling. Thankyou.
  • I'm sorry but @*The Joker* scams can't every be fixed. Anyhow now that pixels gone. The TASC community is gone. I'll be going alone helping people. But ye. If u need any info on scams u can pm me. :U
  • Sir. PixelSir. Pixel EnglandMember
    ^ And me ._. ^ im still on forums lol