What does "Pro" look like to you? [POLL]

What does pro look like to you?

Comments

• Rootbeerr said:

I'm confused. What do you mean by "Pro"? Someone who has been playing long and is level 25+? Or rather someone with a lot of Cubits and good builds, and is very well-known in the community?
  • Bookworm said:

Rootbeerr said:

I'm confused. What do you mean by "Pro"? Someone who has been playing long and is level 25+? Or rather someone with a lot of Cubits and good builds, and is very well-known in the community?
    I am sure he means "What is your interpretation of the word pro?".
    For example, do you think you must be rich to be a pro or do you think you must be high level?
  • bookwormbookworm Member
    edited December 2016
    fishstep said:

Bookworm said:

Rootbeerr said:

I am sure he means "What is your interpretation of the word pro?".
    For example, do you think you must be rich to be a pro or do you think you must be high level?
    Oh, well their are endless ways to interpret the word "rich" and each person has their own, I'm sure. I myself don't think that having a lot of Cubits is considered to be "rich" but rather many White Plaster, as that is what I value the most as a player (I'm a big builder and White Plaster is completely versatile in terms of building)

As for whether or not you need to be a high level to be considered a "pro", well I think that it's all dependant on how well and quickly you're able to learn. A level 15 player might be more skilled in terms of building than a level 50 player may be. So I think a pro, to me, is how skilled you are as a builder.
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    I think I mainly look for how good their builds are. Someone who can use every block in the game in creative ways has obviously spent a lot of time in game learning about each and every item. ^^
  • Someone who has the knowledge of the game. They are creative and they understand that money isn't the goal
  • ^agreed o-o
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    Level, cubits, and clothing does not make a "pro" player in my eyes.
    The right attitude and extraordinary builds counts for something.
  • From my opinion, the 'pro' knows basically everything in-game including the economy, recipes, building skill and lots more :P
  • 'pro' are those nice to other players and can handle 'wild noobs' anytime xD
  • ValleyValley Member
    edited December 2016
    I don't think any of the options in the poll decide the meaning of a 'pro' (this is just my opinion) but I think 'pro's' are actually a person/qbee that knows a lot about the game not just some rich qbee that has a deco perk and a higher level although this is what most people classify as a 'pro' (my opinion) C:
  • A pro... no point. To me a pro is someone WHOES played with the community, supported it and helped new players. True pros are worthy of the communities respect. I don't rly find a lot of TRUE pro players, Ppl call me pro and i'd object to that. I still got a longggg way to go!
  • A pro for me is someone who is nice and knows how to play well.
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator

Someone who has the knowledge of the game. They are creative and they understand that money isn't the goal

Xyla said:

I don't think any of the options in the poll decide the meaning of a 'pro' (this is just my opinion) but I think 'pro's' are actually a person/qbee that knows a lot about the game not just some rich qbee that has a deco perk and a higher level although this is what most people classify as a 'pro' (my opinion) C:

A pro... no point. To me a pro is someone WHOES played with the community, supported it and helped new players. True pros are worthy of the communities respect. I don't rly find a lot of TRUE pro players, Ppl call me pro and i'd object to that. I still got a longggg way to go!

These pretty much covers what i wanted to say about this matter.
    No need to repeat the things that have already been spoken. ;)
  • a good builder
  • Pro For me means you have friends :) if u dont have friends u are nothing :)
  • But it still seems the majority look up to people with extravagant clothing and realms.
  • BJDware said:

Level, cubits, and clothing does not make a "pro" player in my eyes.
    The right attitude and extraordinary builds counts for something.

Completely agreed! And i don't like it when people ignore other just cuz they don't wear "rich clothings"
  • I think profissionals are ppl who know everything about the game, in other words, mastered it without cheating (scamming) most pros CAN be nice as they play since 2014-2015 as the community was nicer
  • I don't see any pros in the game. Even if they feel one but its hard to see in them. It's about equity and equality. Equality, we are all players all we want to do is to have fun so we (Equity) each other. Giving the attention to other players, giving respect and giving what they derserve, nourish/cherish each others opinios the way how they treat you.

Right attention, tremendous respect for you and for others.

• HorusHorus EnglandMember, Forum Moderator, Retired Moderator
    edited December 2016
    I must say the only factor which makes someone stand out is their etiquette. People can have amazing builds, highest levels, huge amounts of items, and even be on top of activity charts, but their manners and actions are always above all else. I don't see any worth in materialistic things. I'd rather spend time with a polite newbie than an arrogant experienced player.

Don't get me wrong, no one is perfect... but the little things matter. Admitting your imperfections and mistakes is the key to success.
  • horus is a pro
  • Pro is shortened from 'professional'. Some people have a profession in medicine. You have experience with the game. You know much about it...
  • I think that building makes you pro but building/crafting also needs time,cubits and perks (levels) so all kind of has a part in being pro
  • Pro is shortened from 'professional'. Some people have a profession in medicine. You have experience with the game. You know much about it...

Agreed... so imo pro in cc mean someone that know a lot about cc... have a lot experience... good builder... good atittude is a bonus...
  • edited January 2017
    I would say "niceness" but that is only part of being "pro". To me, all the qualities of "pro" are exemplified by those who join the ranks of staff, specifically your moderators, admins, beta testers, and the developers. They are always helpful, generous, willing to share advice, and are always more than able to put a lid on the forces of evil! The best players merely echo these qualities. It's not just about being nice; it's about being a glorious beacon amidst a sea of scum, and rising up above all the nastiness to claim a stake as a hero! Staff or not, these are qualities I constantly (if not relentlessly) strive to achieve and demonstrate.

And my original quote still stands: "The only pros are the game staff; the rest just have varying levels of expertise."
  • it is certain that none of the answers in the poll fully describes a pro. I think a lot of players have certain qualities of a pro. some have the riches, some have the building skills. tbh I don't look a lot at builds, but building like most things is part of being a pro.

We are all pros in our own unique way.
  • I'd say pros are the nice people, that unite with others, not by some builds, or their fancy clothing, but by who they are.
  • DemonismDemonism SingaporeMember
    Horus said:

I must say the only factor which makes someone stand out is their etiquette. People can have amazing builds, highest levels, huge amounts of items, and even be on top of activity charts, but their manners and actions are always above all else. I don't see any worth in materialistic things. I'd rather spend time with a polite newbie than an arrogant experienced player.

Don't get me wrong, no one is perfect... but the little things matter. Admitting your imperfections and mistakes is the key to success.

*Cough* Billy *Cough*
  • I would like to go on the record that I am pro and perfect. I am a well blended cup of colombian coffee at the right drinking temperature. I would know because I look at myself in the mirror everday *hairflip* ahem.
  • MufflonMufflon Member
    edited January 2017

I would like to go on the record that I am pro and perfect. I am a well blended cup of colombian coffee at the right drinking temperature. I would know because I look at myself in the mirror everday *hairflip* ahem.

The mirror fakes the reflection cus u ugly and it frightened

with love