Christmas Tradition & Greetings in your country.

SuperxtremeSuperxtreme The NetherlandsGame Moderator
Mine is:

Language: Dutch
Xmas Greetz: Prettige Kerstdagen (Merry Christmas)
Tradition: Food, Gifts and watching movies with family & friends.

Comments

• BeIfastBeIfast ChileMember
    My tradition is eat cheese >:)
  • xXBad WolfXxxXBad WolfXx Dancing S(O3O)/Member
    edited December 2016
    Language: English
    Christmas Greetz: Merry Christmas! (But now people are starting to say Happy Holidays >:c)
    Tradition: Open Gifts, watch old movies with Family, and spend the day together
  • Yeah I am sad that people are starting to say happy holidays because it is politically correct. I don't understand the logic, yes I know that not everyone celebrates Christmas but it is me wishing good will and my culture to another. Just as if some other culture shared a part of their self I would not reject it. When I say Merry Christmas I am not asking the other person to celebrate it, I am just wishing them good tidings from my cultural standpoint- End Rant.

Country- Murica!
    Language- Missourian, we say things differently....
    Christmas Greeting- Merry Christmas!
    Tradition- Do not have any traditions to speak of, it is just my mom and I so we generally do not celebrate Christmas lol. This year though we been baking which is nice :)!
  • :O I thought that Superxtreme is a Filipino. Hahahahaha!
    So here's my country's Christmas tradition and greetings:
    Language: Filipino
    Christmas greeting: Maligayang Pasko (Merry Christmas)
    Tradition: giving gifts and we have noche buena :D
  • MiwkyMiwky at your house stealing your Peanut butter jarMember
    Country- Philippines
    Language- Filipino
    Greeting- Maligayang Pasko! (Merry Christmas!)
    Tradition- Giving gifts and Christmas Carols, "Simbang Gabi" or "Night Mass" for Catholics.
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember

Same as me as i am also dutch ;)

Mine is:

• Hi guys. I am from Serbia, and my language is Serbian. Mayority of Serbs are Orthodox Christian and we celebrate Christmas on January 7th. Christmas is celebrated for 3 days. It is custom that people during that 3 days great each other with: "MIR BOZIJI HRISTOS SE RODI", and reply is "VAISTINU SE RODI".
    Translation (maybe not really accurate, pls forgive me) is:
    -MIR BOZIJI HRISTOS SE RODI -> Peace of God, Christ is born
    -VAISTINU SE RODI -> He is trully born.
    Some people just say Srecan Bozic (Merry Christmas) but great mayoriti use first greeting.

Some customs and holidays.
    On 3rd, 2nd and 1st Sunday before Christmas, we celebrate Detinci (Dete/Child), Materice (Mater/Mother) and Oci (Oci/Fathers) respectively.
    Custom is that on Detinci children are "tied" (simbolicly) and can be "freed" if they offer (simbolic) gifts to their parents.
    In same manner children "tie" their mothers on 2nd Sunday, and their fathers on 1st Sunday before Christmas.
    We usually use thin string or scarf and sometimes just a hug as tie. Those customs are ment to develop compation, harmony and respect between family members.

On day before christmas people cut special kind of tree that it is called Badnjak. Badnjak should be burned on night before Christmas and simbolize wood that Sent Joseph used to start fire in cold cave where Jesus was born and also wood from his cross. People also make roast (lamb, pig or turkey and even goose) and it will be eaten on Christmas day. Dineer should be made from non animal ingredients (with exception of dried fish), and its usually beans, dried fruits and other vegetables. Beneath the dining table straw should be placed, and candies should be placed in it. Children than making chicken sounds search for candies. The house is decorated in that way to simbolize cave where Jesus was born.

On Christmas day head of family goes to church for Christams liturgy. Bells ring on all Orthodox temples. Food shouldn't be removed from table for 3 days, instead it should be added. It is believed that one should pay all of his debts if any before Christmas, and to start doing something that was difficult for him/her during past year.

One custom that is only present with Serbs is person called Polozajnik. Polozajnik should be the first person that enters house on Christmas. When he enters he should poke fire so that sparks are created. Than he wish to his host that he gets as much happy moments as there are sparks in fire, as much coins as there are sparks, as much as baby animals as there are sparks but most of all good health and happiness. Polozajnik is simbol to Wise Man, who could realise the meaning of star that appeared in East after Jesus was born, and and it is preferably to be child or person dear to the family.

I saw that someone above is sad that people are saying Happy Holidays. Well I say that to people in this game, but mainly because I dont know if they are religious or not or maybe they are not Christians at all, and I don't wanna offend anyone. And New Year is near and people celebrate it regardles of religion, so I wish all of you have happy holidays and that you celebrate tham in happiness and good health, and that you wait the next holidays in same fashion.

Cheers!

• Mr.PudMr.Pud Member
    edited December 2016
    Country-Brazil
    Language-Portuguese (not spanish OK?)
    Greeting-"Feliz Natal!" (Merry Christmas/Happy Christmas)
    Tradition-Gifts, food, hugs and family talk.
  • Mr.Pud said:

Country-Brazil
    Language-Portuguese (not spanish OK?)
    Greeting-"Feliz Natal!" (Merry Christmas/Happy Christmas)
    Tradition-Gifts, food, hugs and family talk.

I'm sorry I thought they spoke Spanish D: :v
    I say Merry Christmas!!
    Tradition: food family present trees more
  • edited January 2017
    Merry Christmas! :D Though I am in the US of A. If you want to be "politically correct", it is "Happy Holidays", but COME ON! I ain't some sap. I'm not religious, but I celebrate Christmas more for the "commercial" side. LOL. I mean the gift-giving custom seems to be universally shared.

Tradition is to chit-chat with what's left of the family, exchange gifts Christmas Morning, and try our best to take the day off. There is some decoration before the "big day", but how much decoration depends on the budget of time as well as money. This year, my entire family has been so busy and stressed, we barely put up the tree AT ALL!

And the language is American English. :D
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator

I like to add an extra line to this.
    - Zalige kerstmis(same translation)

The flemish side of Belgium is dutch speaking.
    Anyway, the rest of what he said is pretty much the same. :)
  • WuffyWuffy Member
    Language: Bahasa
    Greets :Hai, Halo, Alo, Ola, Samlekom, Pagi, Siang, Malam, Komsalam,
    Xmas : Natal
    Language:Romanian
    Xmas Greetz:Craciun Fericit (Merry Christmas)
    Traditions:Killing pigs and eat the meat...(yes i dont like this)And soo much food and all kids go to all villigers to sing songs .. it's more but i too long ''^-^
  • GalaGala Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    @Superxtreme Hoe gaat het ;)

just same lol

Language: English/French/Filipino
    xmas: Merry Christmas, Joyeux Noël, Maligayang Pasko
    Tradition: Turkey dinner, Midnight Dinner(Noche Buena), family get together

• Hi all
    Language : None of your business
    My Favorites : Spam , Scam , Go to the jail in cubic castles XD
    Bye all
    Language: French (Im in Quebec so...)
    Christmas Greeting: Joyeux Noël!
    Traditions: Eating a big roasted turkey, going to church, getting presents, decorating a tree, watching movies
  • Necroposted, off a necroposted, off a necropost.
    gollee
    (Maziar hey :)
  • Necroposted, off a necroposted, off a necropost.
    gollee
    (Maziar hey :)

Aint necropost the last post was in July!
  • Country - Spain
    Language - Spanish
    XMas Greetz - Feliz Navidad
    Traditions - Same As Other Countries...
  • January 6
    April 13
    May 25
    June 18
    June 19
    July 1
    July 28
    July 29
    July 29
    3:36PM

Eh? Why wasn't this closed for Nerco posting?
This discussion has been closed.