Private Mine/s

2»

Comments

• Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    Archevix said:

Another idea is to make the player cap in a mine lower (to around 5).

That could end badly. It'll also just rip the mine giveaways.
  • ThisIsNotSlimThisIsNotSlim Member, Game Moderator

Archevix said:

and social gatherings
  • It doesn't have to be 5, it could be 10 too. I've never seen mines as a social place tbh. I never like to be around others while I mine anyway
  • Archevix said:

and social gatherings
    and the big mining groups wouldn't be able to mine together due to the cap :(
    Archevix said:

It doesn't have to be 5, it could be 10 too. I've never seen mines as a social place tbh. I never like to be around others while I mine anyway

I'll always talk to people when mining unless they start swearing/robbing etc which happens a lot. Honestly I can't mine alone, but sometimes I have to.
  • Archevix said:

It doesn't have to be 5, it could be 10 too. I've never seen mines as a social place tbh. I never like to be around others while I mine anyway

I'll always talk to people when mining unless they start swearing/robbing etc which happens a lot. Honestly I can't mine alone, but sometimes I have to.
    Then why did you start a movement for private mines?
    edited August 2016
    If you read my OP I said anyone can enter the Private Mine.

I like talking to my friends when I am mining, and sometimes I'll talk to randomers. But most of them just rob my items. As Slim said, making an alt is a good way, which what I do. But then I have to mine alone hence the "Sometimes I have to". It's not my friends who rob my resources, it's 50% of the time their friends.

Group Mining:

It'll act like a normal Realm/Room. You can set to Me & My Friends, Only Me, and Anyone. This is so you can mine peace or let your friends mine with you.

I said I could unlock it to my friends, so I can mine and talk to my friends.
  • If you read my OP I said anyone can enter the Private Mine.

I like talking to my friends when I am mining, and sometimes I'll talk to randomers. But most of them just rob my items. As Slim said, making an alt is a good way, which what I do. But then I have to mine alone hence the "Sometimes I have to". It's not my friends who rob my resources, it's 50% of the time their friends.

Group Mining:

It'll act like a normal Realm/Room. You can set to Me & My Friends, Only Me, and Anyone. This is so you can mine peace or let your friends mine with you.

I said I could unlock it to my friends, so I can mine and talk to my friends.
    Thanks for the clarification ;)
  • edited August 2016
    I rob pengys materials for the sole purpose of collecting his salty tears. Penguin tears are a hot profitable item on Ebay.
  • I just hate when people see you found diamonds and they just won't leave you alone.
  • edited August 2016

Yeah, people are. I hope they add it so you can only pick what you mine. It'll be amazing :) Or as Dragon said, when you mine it, it automatically goes into your inventory - I think that'll also fix the blocks vanishing issue.

Agreed :D Then you can still interact with other players but they cannot get the items you mine.
    BJDware said:

For the griefer issue, I personally, i think the concentration should be moved from Game content, to game mechanics instead.
    I Like the good old suggestion "I Pull or blow it up, it's mine to pick up". Game mechanics. Would heavily decrease "mine griefers".

As for server load, an old suggestion again.
    The "repack doors/rooms/realms" idea, or the "recycle doors/rooms/realms" idea.
    Those ones hit two birds at once so to speak.

Moderator note:
    Please refrain from Spamming the activity board with hashtags and comments to topics. Those topics are there to voice such opinions, thoughts and conversations on subject. Continuation will be considered as spam and warned accordingly. Thank you.

I like the idea of repacking and recycling rooms but as always, people will find ways to scam with this.
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    BJDware said:

For the griefer issue, I personally, i think the concentration should be moved from Game content, to game mechanics instead.
    I Like the good old suggestion "I Pull or blow it up, it's mine to pick up". Game mechanics. Would heavily decrease "mine griefers".

As for server load, an old suggestion again.
    The "repack doors/rooms/realms" idea, or the "recycle doors/rooms/realms" idea.
    Those ones hit two birds at once so to speak.

This would be a far better way to deal with it then the "private mine" idea.

As others already stated, private mines already exist.... for a price.
  • The "only you can pick up what you mined" suggestion might not work all the time.
    EXAMPLE: (This would only happen if the suggestion was actually in the game)
    Me: Walks into Arctic mine and begins mining.
    Griefer: Stalks me and waits for me to find something good.
    Me: Finds Diamonds
    Griefer: Blows them up, and because HE placed the bomb, I wouldn't be able to pick up the diamonds I found because of the "only you can get what you mined" thing.
    Well technically placing a bomb isn't mining. What you mine is what you pick is good, despite this issue... When I am mining I like to mine 3x100 sections sometimes 6/9x100 sections, depending how much time I had/have. Anyway, I have to mine a 3x5 area pick up mine 3x5 pick up and so on, with this rule I could mine a 3x100 and pick when I am done.
  • The idea of a private mine seems cool but removes the mmo aspect of this game, as someone suggested before that whatever you mine goes straight to your inventory seems more reasonable then having private mines
  • xXBad WolfXxxXBad WolfXx Dancing S(O3O)/Member
    If people are so worried about the "MMO Aspect" of the game then how about making only half or so of the mines private while the other half stay open to everyone. That way miners can go to private mines and do their thing and other players can go to talk, mine, giveaway, Ect...
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator

Well technically placing a bomb isn't mining. What you mine is what you pick is good, despite this issue...

BJDware said:

..."I Pull or blow it up, it's mine to pick up"...

Just to add. Sure people could blow things up before you, but even with the idea implemented, griefing will be heavily reduced.
  • So each player has Five 100x100 realmsor private mines, If cavern mines were included then six, and how many players are there in the game?.. like 500k or something and everyday a new account is made meaning 5 100x100 aswell including their realm.. The game already probably has more than 1 million rooms and realms, wouldn't this just make the game slow, crash a lot, and just laggy...
    edited August 2016
    there's 1000 players on at a time, or around that. Like 100 or less will be mining, it'll be 1 room each.
  • IcyTamTamIcyTamTam Member
    edited August 2016
    We Don't need Private Mines!
    I think public mines are fine :c don't remove the. just make a hole at the entrance and qbee bomb them- 50c for 10 qbee bombs I believe? :P
  • Every one will agree with #wewantprivatemines.One of the isdue with public mines is that when we find emerald and diamond which is difficult to find ppl use to steal them.when we place bombs on them after the blast some stealers steal all of the emerald n diamond,and our time and c waste for no result
This discussion has been closed.