Ticket Booth

ArchevixArchevix Member
edited August 2016 in Suggestions & Comments
I didn't really want to make another thread post-resignation from the game, but I'll do it anyway.

Because the idea for a vending machine that automatically sold items was shot down by the devs, I came up with an idea to only sell tickets. It'll be called a ticket booth that sells tickets one at a time (to prevent people from buying too many at once). That's really all there is to it. I was thinking that it should be around the price of a prize dispenser and also look similar to one.

I really like this idea because it gives visitors in realms a way to give back to content creators in CC. I've always been a fan of this.

Tell me what you guys think and be sure to vote!

Comments

• iBunniezillaiBunniezilla New ZealandMember
    Agreed. Also very convenient for ticket give-awayers!
    +1
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    Instead of creating a whole new thing for this... why not just sell 1 ticket per player?

If you don't want this to happen then don't sell multiple tickets to the same person!

Even with this ticket booth players will still hustle to get more tickets or just use alternate accounts on it.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    We did already think of this... It might happen. It would allow people to make pseudo vending machine systems with doors etc...
  • scorto7 said:

Instead of creating a whole new thing for this... why not just sell 1 ticket per player?

If you don't want this to happen then don't sell multiple tickets to the same person

I don't come online anymore so I can't sell tickets individually. Even if I still was online, doing it manually is still a real hassle.
    scorto7 said:

Even with this ticket booth players will still hustle to get more tickets or just use alternate accounts on it.

There was a misunderstanding. Players can buy multiple times per account, but they can't buy more than one at a time
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    Archevix said:

I really like this idea because it gives visitors in realms a way to give back to content creators in CC. I've always been a fan of this.

If i understand your inclination, a tip pig would be sufficient for such a thing.
    I Dislike the idea of forcing players to pay for access etc.

As example, I see builds that demand payment for access, i leave almost immediately. Where on the other hand, i see a realm i appreciate, i look for that tip pig. But that is me.
    Archevix said:

..Because the idea for a vending machine that automatically sold items was shot down by the devs...

Vending machines were really not shot down, just left in limbo as development have issues with certain aspects and wanted suggestions in regards on which nobody attempted to provide.

We did already think of this... It might happen. It would allow people to make pseudo vending machine systems with doors etc...

Very Exploitable.
  • BJDware said:

Archevix said:

If i understand your inclination, a tip pig would be sufficient for such a thing.
    I Dislike the idea of forcing players to pay for access etc.

As example, I see builds that demand payment for access, i leave almost immediately. Where on the other hand, i see a realm i appreciate, i look for that tip pig. But that is me.
    Yeah, I get that forced payment for access to a realm can be untrustworthy and a bit over the top in some cases. But if you were to holla and say "Come check out this new build! Be sure to donate!", very few will donate. Some are too cheap, too poor, or simply can't be bothered. You will probably not get over 50-100c (with certain exceptions) in one holla. If you say "Come try out this [something fun]! 10c to enter!" Many more people will be willing to pay.

I prefer to see it as rather a prompt to sell with only two options (pay or leave). But yeah, I get what you mean