Warp Anchors

I bought a warp anchor so I wouldn't have to find a place to put a portal (My world is symmetrical but it's even, so there's no symmetrical place for a portal) but I placed it down and tried to figure out how it works but it couldn't. Can you tell me how it works?Screenshot_2016-02-27-20-11-18

Comments

• lunariscilunarisci 'MuricaMember
    If someone teleports to a person in the realm/room they'll end up on the block instead

Works if you teleport to yourself
  • lunarisci said:

If someone teleports to a person in the realm/room they'll end up on the block instead

Works if you teleport to yourself

Oh. Is there no way to redirect a portal?
  • lunariscilunarisci 'MuricaMember
    What do you mean by redirect it? You can pick it up and mouse around, then it'll face another way
  • lunarisci said:

What do you mean by redirect it? You can pick it up and mouse around, then it'll face another way

I mean to redirect where a person ends up when they enter the room through a portal.
  • edited February 2016
    The only way is to move the portal, unless you tp to somebody in the realm.
  • Mcwolf the SaneMcwolf the Sane BangladeshMember
    You could use telefood bumper to teleport to that room I guess. But as far as I know the room has to have a portal. You could hide it somewhere below blocks so its unseen I guess.
  • Avian said:

lunarisci said:

I mean to redirect where a person ends up when they enter the room through a portal.
    You can't do that.
    Warp anchor is not related to doorway. They don't work together. Warp anchor affects people who used teleport option. When person teleports to person who is in a room with warp anchor, he/she will end up on top of warp anchor. If you are asking if person who walks up through the door end up on warp anchor it can't be done.
    Maybe you can explain what you want to do so we can assist you with possible solutions.
  • xNexyxNexy NLMember
    You cannot create a spawn point where players end up when using a portal/door that leads to your realm. They will come out of the main portal/door.
    If you don't want this door in sight, you could place it way up in the air. Players will immediately fall down, right under it.

Now a warp anchor, as explained already, just forces players to spawn on the block. But only when they tp to another one in that realm, or a hollawarp.

Now one question I have. If your realm is even and symmetrical, how will a warp anchor work instead of a door. Since both of them are uneven?
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    I mean it doesn't matter much if the place is uneven. You can always remove one section and use a bottomless :p
  • AvianAvian Member
    xNexy said:

Now one question I have. If your realm is even and symmetrical, how will a warp anchor work instead of a door. Since both of them are uneven?

I could afford 3 more to fit in the middle. It's not an inconvenience to me.

• Why dont u Put 2 warp Anchors And Put the portal In The sky Really High So When u enter u Fall Then No one Suspects Theres A Portal :D Idk If thid will work
  • Why dont u Put 2 warp Anchors And Put the portal In The sky Really High So When u enter u Fall Then No one Suspects Theres A Portal :D Idk If thid will work

You shouldnt bump ancient threads. Its necroposting and its not gonna do you gooxd
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    Just see this, but why dont you get 3 more portals and put them on each corner? That way your realm is also a portal room and you have cimetric things