Devoted to Reading

keelynkeelyn Member
edited June 2016 in Off-Topic
I need book suggestions for the summer! I'm open to almost anything! I love mysteries, though! :D

Comments

• Sir. PixelSir. Pixel EnglandMember
    Heroes by Robert Cormier
  • keelynkeelyn Member
    Awesome thanks! @sir. Pixel *^^*
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    edited June 2016
    Topic moved.
    Please create topics within forums sections that best relate to the subject matter.
    In this case. If it does not relate to the game in any matter, it belongs within the off-topic section
    ;)

In regards to the topic.
    I Would like to recommend my favorite book series. However it is not a mystery. It is a DND based Fantasy.

Author: R.A. Salvatore
    Book series: The Legend of Drizzt

Books in order:
    Homeland
    Exile
    Sojourn
    The Crystal shard
    Streams of silver
    The Halflings gem
    The Legacy
    Starless night
    Siege of darkness
    Passage to dawn
    The Silent blade
    The Spine of the world
    Sea of swords

• Hmm... I read A LOT so.. maybe the Divergent series? (This series depends on your age)

{I can't advise the books I'm reading right now because it's about herbs lol}
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    Harry potter (all of them) xD
  • keelynkeelyn Member
    Thanks everyone! And sorry about that @BJDware I'm kinda new and didn't really know which topic would be best.
  • Fluffy 303Fluffy 303 Somewhere Over The RainbowMember
    I say the 39 clues or the Percy Jackson series ^^
  • Idk if you would necessarily call it a mystery series, but I would recommend A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket
  • Septumus Heap series and the sequel series Todhunter Moon
  • *MMS*MMS Member
    Haven't read a good mystery book in a while... If you're into mythology, definetly check out the books written by Rick Riordan.

I also enjoyed the fantasy series "Howl's Moving Castle".
    ROOTbeerr said:

Septumus Heap series and the sequel series Todhunter Moon

I had no idea there was a sequel series 0.o *puts hold*
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    Inheritance Cycle

Unwanted

Both are really good series.
  • Grave Mercy and Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers are pretty good, not sure about the last book since I haven't touched it yet.

The Ciaphas Cain series is rad too, considering the home setting runs on grimdarkness and "hyperaggression murder everything including your allies" abound. Yet the protagonist is smart enough to not fall into this and is a likeable guy.

H.P Lovecraft hasn't really written any books, but there's copies of his short stories somewhere (I have a book with some of his works compiled). If you're into cosmic horror stories, go for this guy (he has his flaws though-dialog can get really long and rambly). "The Colour Out of Space" and "Shadow Over Innsmouth" are pretty good.
  • The Outsiders by...I forgot, but this is indeed the best book I've read- very emotional, too.