What did you call me?

(No, it's not a game. That's the Off-topic category)

I've been playing Cubic Castle for almost a year or so and I like to travel to other's realms, the lobby helps this.
However...

Have you ever gone to a mine or had someone come to you realm, walk up to you and call you something rude or just insulting for not doing what they want?

Ex. This happened earlier.
I was in a Mountain mine when I found a patch of emerald that appeared under ice, I did the usual bomb and after the first one two qbees showed up. Both from Brazil (if my knowledge of flags is correct) a level 1 and level 4.
The patch of emerald was near the portal so it's easy to see, they tried to mine it but cannot (possibly not nowing you have to use bombs) and waited around me. I did nothing but stand there and wait for them to leave or move away.

Lvl 1 moved to mine near the area but Lvl 4 just called me a fag in all caps (viado)

They leave the area and I bomb again to get the emeralds, they come back after the explosion and look around. LVL 1 leaves but LVL 4 starts mining right next to the hole. After awhile, he yells no and leaves.

Not the first time someone yelled at me and called me names or just insulted me, probably will never be the last.

Comments

• Fluffy 303Fluffy 303 Somewhere Over The RainbowMember
    Im sorry this happend to you, but some newbies like to do that. The other day i found some diamonds and a newbie came up after i bombed them and started cussing at me after i took the diamonds.
  • MoxxiechuMoxxiechu Prolly some ocean (FL.)Member
    The whole point of a troll is to get a reaction out of you.
    The best thing you can do in this situation is just not respond.

"The best response is *no* response."

Now if it's something highly inappropriate, then I would suggest taking a screenshot and msg'ing one of the mods. Cosmic Cow does care about it's community. Any vulgar, offensive, or inappropriate statements/words is a big no-no to them;

Even if the other player is at fault though, Taking it further into responding back with rude comments yourself can make you at fault as well. The best thing to do is to avoid the players that cause problems and if it still continues then making a Report MIGHT be necessary. (depends on what words are being exchanged)

Try not to let rude comments get you down though. I mean, it's the internet.
    Odds are you will never meet this person in real life;
    Words are weak. They can't hurt you unless you let those words get to you. :)
  • Piratax10Piratax10 Member
    edited June 2016
    Lol i dont even need say, i live on brazil, this happens all time xP
    But resist em, they are just fat nerds at the computer screen eating wet doritos (im not offending nerds but im saying that these guys are like "evil-nerds")
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    Yeah i had it too for i think 3 times, then i find emeralds or diamonds (doesnt happen anymore since i have no bombs at my new mining account) and then some people go to the mine and find that i already mined around them for my bomb and wait until i use my bombs and i pretend to be afk, and then the shouting happens... some are cursing a curseword every so seconds and i had one time he just cursed 2 times and then left
  • TheTimManTheTimMan In Athena Shy's armsMember
    Players can play at any age, and do. These players are literally 5 years old, and don't have the self control that a 13 yr old does. You may think they have parental supervision, but they don't. They are tossed $5 and told stay out of trouble.

You can tell them by, their name is misspelled and includes their birthdate like 0262011. When you ask, "how old are you"?, They respond, "5".

Please don't excuse their behavior or push it aside. Ignorance of the game rules is no excuse. We all are asked to agree on them and it doesn't matter if they don't read them when they just click "download and play". This is a major problem and these children need to be taught that bad behavior in not allowed just because they get away with it on other MMO games. We all have to follow rules regardless on age.

If you say let's just ignore it and hope it goes away. Well I say if you do this, you are telling them this is acceptable and it will escalate when they push it further next time and really hurt an innocent player deeply.
  • The 007The 007 PortugalMember
    This ussualy happens coming from brazilians for some strange reason.
    Everytime this happened to me or my friends was from brazilians xD
  • Why Brazilians is my question, no offense to those who are actually good people from Brazil, but seriously why?
  • Tomk2005Tomk2005 Member
    edited June 2016
    Yeah i agree with u, i have some examples of why brazilians ( i am from brazil lol)

Example (that really happened):

i was talking with my friends in my realm(in english because it wasent a brazilian) and a brazilian entered my realm (sorry for be saying all time brazilian) and the guys that enterded said (i will translate)
    -Guy:Hi, can i help u?
    -Me: no thanks.
    -guy: your viado (viado means a word that have 3 letters and start with G i think u understand) u idiot.
    -Me: plz stop i just wanna talk with my friend not with u!! plz stop!
    -Guy: u noob u horrible
    -Me: *bans him*

WARNING:not all brazilian people make this (like 90%of the times the ppl that be rude are kid)

OBS:if u ask they "How old are you" they probably will say 10-14
    if u want to know how old i am just see my nick it have a 2005 (11)
  • Randomly got called fat once. The exchange turned out to be a fairly pleasant one instead of the "call each other rude words and start drama" thing. Mostly due to the fact I basically went lolwut explain, and the user had more of a nonmalicious tone. Maybe they were talking about my qbee, considering it WAS wearing a lot of clothing and such at the time.

People have freaked out on me before for stupid things in cc but not much name calling. Just tantrums.
  • I think people sort of like that, this happened to me too someone just came to my shop called me noob and left. I think they want you to get you angry on purpose, so you cuss back and then it becomes a huge cussing fight arena xD. I really have no clue but this happens all the time, either they're kids and see people say words and repeat them to you to see what would happen, or they're just drunk adults [no offense]
  • Whenever someone curses me or call me with rude names,I ignore them giving no answer and they leave.Best thing is to ignore em.