All Spyre mines are now 100x100!

HorusHorus EnglandMember, Forum Moderator, Retired Moderator
edited March 2016 in General Chat
All mines in Spyre are now 100x100.

For now, this is temporary, and we want to know what you think about them. Do they work/load fast and smooth? Do you like them being bigger? Or maybe you have some suggestions in regards to them?

We want to know! :)

Comments

• Professional KillerProfessional Killer GreeceForum Moderator, Retired Moderator
    Hehe,it's amazing that mines are now 100x100. Much more space to dig on, with more ores/blocks.
    Such an awesome update :)
  • Omg thanks horus *heavy breathing* o.o
  • Swissy DreamerSwissy Dreamer Playing with Asriel,Frisk,And CharaMember
    Very "Extraordinary" indeed
    ADD THIS FOREVER!!! :P
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    I don't truly see the reason, why? What good things come? More lag? More to mine? Not really worth the lag for phone users. More ores? Just keeping jumping mine to mine like you have been doing for year(s). I don't mind new mines, but If I was a phone user I'd hate them
  • CortanaCortana UnknownMember, Retired Moderator
    That is a very nice addition. Hopefully ore stealing and such will drastically decrease since mines are so huge now :)

I don't truly see the reason, why? What good things come? More lag? More to mine? Not really worth the lag for phone users. More ores? Just keeping jumping mine to mine like you have been doing for year(s). I don't mind new mines, but If I was a phone user I'd hate them

As a person that plays on mobile sometimes, which is pretty much outdated now, I can fully disagree with what you said. If my outdated phone can handle heavily foamed 100x100 realms with big builds, then mines won't even cause any issues at all since they're just random biomes. Shouldn't be a problem at all, especially for people that use more recent devices than me.
  • xNexyxNexy NLMember
    edited February 2016
    Good upgrade! Just checked it out,
    I'll test it on different devices
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    Idk if they work yet because my game can't even load the overworld ._. I can load into a realm just fine but every time I leave I get an endless "Reconnecting...." box ._.
  • What was the old size?
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    60x60 I think
  • Idk if they work yet because my game can't even load the overworld ._. I can load into a realm just fine but every time I leave I get an endless "Reconnecting...." box ._.

Can you send a support ticket with your device info? Tell mabz to alert me in the ticket and I will check into it.
  • edited February 2016
    *hugs everyone* YES!!!!! Pengy you are going to be that old man who waves his cane and shouts "get off my lawn you little ingrate buggers!" lol.

I love LOVE LOVE LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOVVVEEE times infinity the new mines! I am experiencing no lag or issues so far and I have this old old like when laptops first came out laptop that makes scary noises. I often feel like I have a bomb on my lap and it is about to explode. While this is not probably an issue I hope that the spawn rate for things have been increased equal to the new size. Which it probably is if done by a percentage. I have not explored enough to see if things are plentiful >:).

The new mines are a mega positive for so many reasons!
    1. It reduces the need to mine hop because you run out of a resource you are looking for.
    2. Reduces material theft and people trying to dive bomb where you are mining simply because it is less claustrophobic.
    3. I can now be a tree ninja and hide away in mountain mines contemplating the meaning of life among the forest.

These are just a few and I am struggling to type as I am freaking out! AHH!
  • Athena ShyAthena Shy In TheTimMan's arms! Member
    Thank you so much. I hope this stays :)
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    If it works out we'll extend it to the other overworlds... We just started with Spyre as a test.
  • >Gleen<>Gleen< FranceMember
    I like the new mines. They give us the feeling that we are on a real one
  • KokopelliKokopelli WV, USAMember
    Quickly!!! To the mines!!!.....Oh and Thank you Horus!!!!
  • HorusHorus EnglandMember, Forum Moderator, Retired Moderator
    Don't thank me, thank the developers :)
  • I think it's a great addition :D

It makes the mines seem more like real mines. It's also nice to have more resources available at once instead of having to jump from mine to mine.
  • TheTimManTheTimMan In Athena Shy's armsMember
    Could you possibly add some dessert mines? That way I can reach my goal of one million sand & one million stone that much faster. Thank you for this 'HUGE' improvement.
  • edited February 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • OMG I LOVE IT I CAN MINE MORE LIKE LOTS MORE I MEAN A BUNCH MORE THANKS FOR ADDING THAT ITS THE BEST btw :3 Thanks Guys [] {} [] {}[] {}
  • RexguyRexguy IdahoMember
    I adore these new mines i can finally keep my extractors running without having to jump from mine to mine. It's more a a one stop mine now.
    I would go so far to say that these new mines seem to be doing better for me then the smaller 60x60 mines!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I really like this to be honest! more space = more space to play tag :v (i like playing tag, lol) and MORE ORES WOOHOOO!
  • Honestly all the more grass and dirt for me. I hoard the stuff. In the apocalypse, I'll be the only one with grass and dirt, and I'll sell it for 2,000,000 cubits each.

I won't get any sales, but I still will.
  • *hugs everyone* YES!!!!! Pengy you are going to be that old man who waves his cane and shouts "get off my lawn you little ingrate buggers!" lol.

I love LOVE LOVE LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOVVVEEE times infinity the new mines! I am experiencing no lag or issues so far and I have this old old like when laptops first came out laptop that makes scary noises. I often feel like I have a bomb on my lap and it is about to explode. While this is not probably an issue I hope that the spawn rate for things have been increased equal to the new size. Which it probably is if done by a percentage. I have not explored enough to see if things are plentiful >:).

The new mines are a mega positive for so many reasons!
    1. It reduces the need to mine hop because you run out of a resource you are looking for.
    2. Reduces material theft and people trying to dive bomb where you are mining simply because it is less claustrophobic.
    3. I can now be a tree ninja and hide away in mountain mines contemplating the meaning of life among the forest.

These are just a few and I am struggling to type as I am freaking out! AHH!

AHA grey! Perfection! I love being a tree ninja among my trees

• quite abit of lag there
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    TheTimMan said:

Could you possibly add some dessert mines? That way I can reach my goal of one million sand & one million stone that much faster. Thank you for this 'HUGE' improvement.

1,000,000 sand o.o I thought 100k goals were huge...
    FYI for people wondering about changes... There are no changes other than the mine size. In a way, mine size affects everything else, but basically smaller mines just adapt for smaller sizes. (less ores, smaller mountain peaks etc.. ) So at 100x100 you're getting the maximum possible output for a mine. It might be possible to see less of a particular ore on the sides I suppose because there's just a lot more "center" in a bigger mine, but there were no changes to the code to hide it or anything like that. It's just luck of the draw.
  • Red DragonRed Dragon In The MatrixMember
    I like them! they're cool! More space, more ores :D
  • TheTimMan said:

1,000,000 sand o.o I thought 100k goals were huge...
    You're talking to a guy who has 5+ cleared 100x100 realms, mate.