Idea Thread

lepidopteristlepidopterist Member
edited January 2021 in Suggestions & Comments
Here I will keep all of my Ideas and suggestions in one convenient list. Please feel free to suggest more in the comments and I will add them here with credits.
REMINDER: There are going to be ideas here that people have thought of before. If you are one of those people and feel you need credit, just ask and don't be rude about it. You do not own an idea and there will always be someone who has thought of it before without having published it.

Pets
Pet Parrot
A little parrot that either flies behind you as you walk or hops around like the other pets. If the latter, upon turning level 50, it will then take flight. The kennel would be green with a cracker as the icon.

Pet Turtles
Credits to @Jess.

Leashes
Leashes would be sold in the cubit store for 50c each. They would be available for all pets. The leashes can be dyed any color but come in red as default. I was going to suggest collars as well but realized pets also don't have necks and are so small you probably won't be able to see the collar anyway. The end of the leash will be on your free hand that doesn't normally hold anything. If you jump too high, walk too fast, or do parkour, you will drop the leash and your pet will do the classic sad face. Your leash would be returned to your hand when you walk back up to your pet.

Items
Photos
You could take pictures of either your qbee, pet, your qbee standing next to your pet, a group of pets, or a group of qbees. A little camera button would be on the top right corner of your screen. You tap it and a list of options would be shown to you. These options would include:
-My Qbee:
If you choose this option, your photo will include a picture of your qbee and would automatically be placed in your inventory after you select the emotion of your qbee and background of your photo.
-My Qbee and my Pet:
The same as the "My Qbee" option, but with your added pet. Although, your pet would not be able to show emotion.
-My Qbee and other Qbees:
This option would take you to another pop-up such as the one shown when whispering that offers all of the other people in the room. You chose as many as up to 4, not including yourself. After you chose the subjects, emotions for each person, and your background, your photo will be delivered to your inventory.
-My Pet and other Pets:
The same as "My Qbee and Other Qbees" but with pets and without emotions.
-Assorted:
This option would show the whisper pop-up which showcases every qbee in the room. You would choose up to 4 qbees and pets together to be in your photo not including yourself. Once you select each qbee’s emotions, your photo will be put into your inventory.

You can hang up your photos in your home. Photos can not be sold in a vending machine or put in a cash register but can be exchanged from qbee to qbee and exchanged via the trade command. These would also be good for screenshotting and using as profile pictures in medias. There would be an unlimited amount of photos you could take. Other people could not take photos of you and you would not be able to take photos of other people or their pets without being friends with the person. Their name would not show up in the selection screen when taking a photo. You can trash your photos in a trashcan or drop them anywhere and they would disappear just like a normal item.

Picture Frames
There would be the classic black squared frame, golden fancy frame, or silver fancy frame. This would add individuality to your photos. To add a frame to a picture, double tap the picture and select which frame you would like to add to the photo. This can always be changed and will always be free.

Photo Albums
This is a placeable book you could "open" which opens a sort of chest, a spot to enter all of the photos you take. It would be displayed in a book-like format and four pictures could be inserted into the slots. Arrows would flip the page and twenty photos could be placed in each album. This totals the album to have five pages. Anybody can open this book and see the pictures inside but only a person with perm in the realm can remove, replace, or add photos. Above each photo would be a box to enter a short description of the photo like "Mining with the Clan," "New Outfit," or "Reached Level 50!" Below each photo is a description area which would give the person who took the photo, where the photo was taken, and the date taken. The above description could always be changed by anyone with perm in the realm where the album is. The below description would be permanent, unchangeable, and specific to the photo that is in that slot. Changes to photo albums are always free.

Sendable Packages
Packages would be sold in the cubit store as well as being craftable. They would act like a chest except that, when mined, the item[s] would stay in the package. Walking into it and selecting "open" would open the package like a chest. They cannot be opened in inventories, rather, placing them in a realm would allow them to be opened like a chest where five slots would appear. People who did not place the package cannot open it, mine it, or grab it while dropped. After placing the package in any realm, regardless of having perm or not, only you can edit and mine back your package. They can be sent via mailbox or by giving them to any person via placing it in their inventory. Cubits cannot be sent via packages.

Gates
Pets and farm animals cannot jump over them or the fence it is attached to and they open when any person walks into it and selects “open.” Sentries can be placed on gates to avoid people from opening your gates letting out all of your animals. They would come in the color and texture of every fence.

Chest Insert for Radios
The same old radio item but it becomes a chest so you could actually place your favorite toons in it. It behaves exactly like a chest but with 5 slots. When one song is played, before it loops, it goes to the next song so that it is a playlist. This would get rid of the annoying song playing over and over, which gets fairly maddening at times. You could also enter only one toon and have it either loop or play once by selecting the option at the bottom of the slots.

Business Cards
This will be available in the cubit store for a small number of cubits, and like the farming pack, can only be bought one time per qbee. Once the card is in your inventory, double tap it to edit the card. Here you can select one of your realms to showcase a vending, resource, plot, or other shop or business. There would be a place to add notes, where the owner can freely imply the type of business or anything else. The card would also have an option to hollawarp to the realm. Once everything is edited, upon selecting 'done', the owner can pass around copies of the business card by placing it in their inventory just like any other item. Your own card stays in your inventory even if you give it to other people. Your business card can be trashed if you want it out of your inventory because you cannot drop it, place it in chests, place it in registers, etc. If you accept a card without wanting to, you can trash that one as well. If you want your card back, you can go to the cubit store. Before you buy a card, it will be displayed as a normal item for sale. But once you buy one, and trash it, the cubit store recognizes that there is no card in your inventory and offers you one for free. This free business card will always be reset and you will have to select the details again. You can always change every aspect of your card by double tapping it. That way, there is no need to trash your card because it is incorrect. Because cards in your inventory can get extremely annoying as seen with warp crunches, the business cards will display as friend requests: "(insert owner) has passed you a Business Card! [accept] [decline]". Just like friend requests, card requests can be turned off via settings.

Clothing
Miner's Hat
The good old Miner's Hat except it gives off light 5 blocks around. When a regular miner's hat is in your inventory, double click it to activate it. Double click it again to deactivate it. The light would only emit while in a cavern mine. This way the power wouldn't be abused in parkours or anything.
NOTE: It has come to my attention that this idea is impossible and would cause too much lag to be playable. This idea is currently merely fictional and impossible to be brought into the game. Oh well.

Wedding Veil
A hat which covers the front of the qbee's face and is mesh just like a normal wedding veil.

Cars
Buggy
A classic pastel yellow Volkswagen Bug, or Beetle, for the sole reason of them being my favorite cars.

Comments

• Alv'Alv' Member
    edited November 2019
    I agree the Photos! Tbh when I'm newbie I thought that camera r for screenshot xD

Wedding veil maybe for valentine
  • If you had a clothing item that gave off light it would completely ruin dark parkours, and I don’t think we need a “no miners helmet block”
  • +1 for photo , but always a limit or people just keep take photo and sell them . Maybe 500c for 5 blank photo sheet
  • Sorry for the lateness but maybe the hat will only emit light when in a cavern mine, but be normal everywhere else. That way it won't be abused and only used for the intended reason. Thanks for the comment, I'll add it to my thread.
    JuIius said:

If you had a clothing item that gave off light it would completely ruin dark parkours, and I don’t think we need a “no miners helmet block”

• Bump!
    I have edited my thread to include more detail and better wording.
  • 15 blocks is an insanely large radius for the miner hat

Noted. What radius would be better so that I can change this in my thread?

U didnt really explain it but it would probably be 15 blocks each side like north south east west

U didnt really explain it but it would probably be 15 blocks each side like north south east west
    Yes, that is what I was originally thinking. Although, maybe a five block radius is better and less overpowered? Give me feedback on what the radius should be. That includes north, south, east, west, and all in-between. So the light forms a circle.
  • Wearable items that emit light are a no go. Dev's mentioned previously that something like that would cause a lot of lag since the blocks that the light would touch would have to refresh every single time.
  • Wondrous said:

Wearable items that emit light are a no go. Dev's mentioned previously that something like that would cause a lot of lag since the blocks that the light would touch would have to refresh every single time.

Interesting. Thank you for the information. I’ll keep the idea in my thread but add that it is impossible.

Yes, that is what I was originally thinking. Although, maybe a five block radius is better and less overpowered? Give me feedback on what the radius should be. That includes north, south, east, west, and all in-between. So the light forms a circle.
    5 would be more ideal
  • Bump for the first time in a while!
  • The photos would be cool, but I do not think they should be free. Your suggestions for them are really good, and I REALLY want a turtle pet.
  • lepidopteristlepidopterist Member
    edited January 2021
    Suggestions continued because I wrote too much!

General Suggestions/ Quality of Life Changes
    Deep Forest Resources for Crafting
    Currently, deep forest resources like flowers and trunks are merely decorative. It would be nice to have some use for them as far as crafting goes especially since they are now a visible mine of their own in overworlds. If regular crafting resources are not feasible because of obvious appearance differences, then maybe different resources could be crafting which resemble the original while being deep forest themed. For example, different colored dyes could be made from the flowers like brown from all three wild flowers. A new wood could be made called green polka from the trunks of greenie polka trees. This wood would be obviously greenish brown and crafted by the same process old and new wood is crafted by. I feel that the giant mushrooms found in this mine have huge potential for various items. They could be cooked in a stove with other ingredients to make classic mushroom stew, stuffed mushroom, roasted mushroom, etc. Giant mushroom stalks could be distilled to make medicine, potentially. This medicine would only help heal injuries resulting from thorny vines.

Deep Forest Burrows
    As I was roaming the grounds of the deep forest in order to gather information on the previous suggestion, I came across a discovery: burrows. Sometimes, in a deep forest mine, I'll come across a few blocks of dirt, covered by wild grass, on the side of a small hill, and atop the blocks is a bush or half grass. With the bush and surrounding forest grass, this structure is a three-block burrow with a one-block opening. I'm not sure if this was intentional or not. Alas, it got the creative juices flowing. What could have made this burrow? An animal? An unfortunate qbee's lost pet? An oversized fairy, perhaps? Comment your ideas for what could have caused this structure and what various features could be found.

Forest Mine Moss Trunks
    It would be a nice quality of life change if, when mining a moss trunk, the whole tree would be mined such like every other tree in the game. Also, it would be nice for them to be able to be crafted like regular trunks for normal wood or maybe even a different, new, mossy wood block.

Passing Items Through Inventory
    As another quality of life change, being able to view what you are passing to someone via inventory would be a huge help. Instead of the message being, "Do you want to give this item to [name of recipient]" it could be, "Do you want to give 5 Iron to [name of recipient]?" I'm sure many have shared the frustration of, instead of passing a warp crunch to your shop, you passed a whole stack of 43 pet sausages to the stranger in the lobby. This change would relieve this frustration as well as any disputes that occur because of it.

Door Stamp Change
    I've noticed that you can't collect door stamps once placed on a door like you can with environment stamps. It would be nice if they all worked the same and if door stamps could be retrieved via using another door stamp.

Grab All for Chests
    You know the 'grab all' button at the bottom left corner of workbenches? It would be cool if that was implemented into chests. If there is not enough inventory space for collecting all of the contents the chest holds, then a notice would appear and the user would not be able to grab all.

Visible AFK Emoji or Feature
    I have two ways in my head of implementing this feature. One is an emoji and the other is through the friends list. The emoji would be available in the emoji text area and would simply say "AFK." While this emoji is used, it would stay onscreen for all to see just like a normal emoji except it stays there forever until the user clicks or taps on their device. The other way is similar to the offline mode in that it is a toggleable button in the friends list. Once enabled AFK Mode, the emoji would still appear and the feature would be the same for every other aspect in regards to the emoji text area idea. Either way, this would make clear when users are AFK when friends teleport without a sign or something.

Pixel Art Flags
    In the cubit store, under the flags category, an expensive option called DIY Pixel Flag would be available. Upon buying this, the user would be shown a grid as well as a color wheel button. From there, the user would create their flag design and it would be submitted for review by staff to ensure appropriate design. Once approved by staff, the flag would be delivered to the player's username upon login. I do acknowledge that staff is short and that this suggestion is not quite feasible due to the constant need for review. Although, a high cubit price and patient qbees might make a dent in the problem.

Amber Fossils
    When mining trees, there would be a very low chance of mining an amber fossil along with the trunks. You would not be able to visually see the fossil but you would pull the fossil not expectantly from the tree as if the fossil were a dehydrated cube. The item would not be able to be placed but to be crafted with. When crafting this fossil with a glass jar, the product would be a decoration of amber fossil in a jar. You can place this and it would showcase the type of amber fossil you collected. Many types would exist and could include, but would not be limited to, ants, beetles, mosquitos, flies, and bees.

Rotatable Mannequins
    Mannequins should be rotatable. What I mean by this is for them to be, for instance, able to be placed southeast, northeast, northwest, and southwest instead of just north, east, south, and west. This would give adventure or roleplay realms more life and shop realms better appearance.
  • Added a few more general suggestions. Bump!
  • Bump. :)
  • Beep boop bump!
  • Bump boop beep!