We need more moderators!!!!!!

There are a LOT of scammers on Cubic Castles. There are so many players out there getting scammed all the time, and the scammers get away with it time and time again. The mods are so busy with so many scam reports that there are many people who can't find a mod and just give up on trying to report. Whenever the mods are almost done with all the reports, 10-20 more scam reports pop up. If we had more mods, not only would there be a higher chance of players being able to find a mod, but more mods would be able to help at once so we could get rid of all the scammers.

Comments

• lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    edited March 2020
    Learn and teach others how to not get scammed. That way there will be less scams.
    You can always report a scam in the official cc discord server, or using the in-game function. The actual active mods have enough time for all the reports, it seems.
    Scammers, contrary to popular belief, do often times get punished. You just don't get to see it.
  • If one out of every 5 people on the entire earth was a policeman would every single bad thing on the planet cease to exist? No.
    You just need to learn to play smart.
  • That’s true We need more moderators there is only less than 5 moderators active I always see a lot of scammers, The best one you can add is Galantis
  • Deja vu
  • Suggesting people to become mods won't make them mods. The mods are hand picked, and last time I checked, I'm pretty sure Whim and Grace were the last for a while. Teaching and learning about scams is very helpful. You don't have to be a mod to do the right thing and teach other about scam prevention.

Gdog has posted many videos about scams and how to avoid them, so have many other youtubers, and there are topics all over the forums. You're bound to see at least one of them. Give them a watch or a read, and then spread it to other players. It won't stop scams completely, but it will reduce some.
  • Do you have any suggestions on teaching begginers how to not get scammed?
  • Becks0920 said:

Do you have any suggestions on teaching begginers how to not get scammed?

Show them Cubic Mom's play safe realm, located in the Learning Center.
    Tell them the most common ways of getting scammed (permission scams, rental scams, vend scams) and how to determine and avoid them.
    Make sure to answer every question they have.
  • edited March 2020
    We have 4 active moderators, yes. Scamming may be a problem but people need to learn how to play safely. If anything, it's a lesson. I think more mods would be a good idea, yes. But people need to learn sometimes.
  • I daresay that more mods would be wonderful, but it isn't a necessity.
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Playing smart is the best way to beat the scammers. I see the same people getting scammed again and again. Most scams are avoidable if people would just slow down, read the screen and think.

You are the ones out there, the ones going to all the games, giveaways, sales and events. You are like the neighborhood watch, the eyes and ears in the game for the admins and mods (we can't be everywhere at once). You, the players, can make a bigger difference to the community than a few more mods and you don't need a special tag, title or command to help. So many people say they want to be a mod but we have very few people that show the admins that they could really help do more than just answer some basic questions and be rich and/or popular.

What can you do?
    -Learn and then teach people how to avoid being scammed. Take them to the Play Safe room in the learning center or direct them to gdog's videos as others have suggested.
    -Only buy from registers or vends and read the screen to make sure you are getting the right thing.
    -If you go to a holla for a giveaway and there is a vending machine. Don't buy without reading carefully. There is a slight chance you might miss a deal but by reading, you won't get scammed.
    -Don't use your CC account and password on websites or apps offering free items, hacks, cubits or upgrades.
    -If you are scammed or witness a scam, get proof and report it. Take screenshots, with /time and /owner on them. Make sure your screenshots "show" what was happening. A room full of people tells us nothing but a vend with pink pants or a pine top for 35k tells us a lot. Post the screenshots on the forums in the scam reports discussion or post them on the Discord channel in the #scam_reports channel with details as to what happened.
    -If you can't take screenshots, ask someone in the room if they can help you by taking the screenshots for you and then post them on your behalf.
    -Some scams have no proof because they happened too fast or it's hard to show in a screenshot. In those cases, open a support ticket through the forums and give what details you have so one of the admins can look into it.

Let me clarify, I'm not suggesting anyone become a mini mod. I'm also not talking about standing in the lobby shouting scammer to warn everyone (that does nothing to help the game or make new players feel welcome). Not publicly accusing people of scamming or calling them out in hollas. Not taking matters into your own hands and trying to handle the scammer or making threats to anyone. I'm talking about learning, teaching and reporting. Quietly taking screenshots and reporting. Quietly seeing people talking about being scammed and explaining how to report as explained above. Quietly teaching new players on how to avoid being scammed. It's going to take the good community to make things better, not just more mods.

Also, remember, you are responsible for your items and cubits. Take care of your stuff and your account because there is no guarantee they will be returned by the admins if you get scammed.
  • #InsparationalWhims. That's a new hashtag I'm gonna start. Thank you for the tips whims #InsparationalWhims
  • JedeeJedee Member
    Actually we have enough mods in the game, theyre actually doing there Job ^^ but sometimes theyre aint doing it well, its because theyre offline or inactive because duhh, they have life too as a person and have reputation in real life, how we can help them? PLAY SMART and Learn to avoid scam, we cant just give it to mods always and carried it with there own back.

*Dont trust people easily
    *Better to lose good trade than lose your c

Have a good day.
  • GalaGala Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Well, If I can say my opinion then I definitely suggest to add some extra moderators to deal with players' reports... It's not just about the scams If you look generally there are more inappropriate things happening... There are days where we still end up with times where there is no mod online or It is also possible that we have a different playing time.
  • Galantis said:

Well, If I can say my opinion then I definitely suggest to add some extra moderators to deal with players' reports... It's not just about the scams If you look generally there are more inappropriate things happening... There are days where we still end up with times where there is no mod online or It is also possible that we have a different playing time.

yeah, we need more european mods like scorto. maybe an asian one too?
  • DoodleDog said:

Galantis said:

Space is also European. We have 2 mods from America and 2 from Europe. There’s balance there.
  • We need more asian mods tbh
  • Alv'Alv' Member

We need more asian mods tbh

Yeah I think so, I think Momo is the only asian mod?
  • DoodleDog said:

Galantis said:

Space is also European. We have 2 mods from America and 2 from Europe. There’s balance there.
    Space isn't online very often and only serves as a forum mod regularly nowadays, imo. There still are too little.
  • DoodleDog said:

DoodleDog said:

Galantis said:

Space isn't online very often and only serves as a forum mod regularly nowadays, imo. There still are too little.
    Wasn’t disagreeing with you, just correcting you. I was thinking the same thing.
  • I tough this was going to be closed
  • We need more asian mods tbh

Not trying to be rude but tbh I think its a tad bit racist to say that. I don't think race matters but thats just my opinion :3
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Becks0920 said:

Not trying to be rude but tbh I think its a tad bit racist to say that. I don't think race matters but thats just my opinion :3
    It's not racist so say we need more mods from a certain part of the world. There is nothing offensive or negative in that statement.

• Becks0920 said:

Its more of a time-zone thing. Its day in most asian countries then its night in US blah blah. Just to get atleast two mods online on every 3 hours or so
  • IronFish said:

Becks0920 said:

Its more of a time-zone thing. Its day in most asian countries then its night in US blah blah. Just to get atleast two mods online on every 3 hours or so
    *facepalm* when will this becomes racism if you are in asia time-zone you can barely see any mod
  • Well i have done before events for new people and people that got scames and its even a old discusion that o explained what i do
    In there when i.give the stuff to the new people or victims i explained them some stuff but i stoped (for now) because:
    1-I dint see a change
    2-People trying to trick me
    3-People not caring about it
    4- i have never saw a person help me to the cause and they just use my cause as an excuse to get free stuff
    5- I felt like thw only one doing this for fun and warning them
    I will do the event but i would not to do it alone also, i will only do the event IF i say it here on the CC fourms to prove people that im not triking them because they tink its just to get free stuff if anywone would like to help me i would be glady (im not mini modding) like i said for me EVERYTING goes as charaty and i tink i have done videos but...idk...i need a way to improve the sistem and i cant do it alone, BUT I will talk more about this in the future (especially that cc is broken for me xD)
  • There's also an asian mod called 20thrainyday but gone
  • edited March 2020
    darkpq said:

Well i have done before events for new people and people that got scames and its even a old discusion that o explained what i do
    In there when i.give the stuff to the new people or victims i explained them some stuff but i stoped (for now) because:
    1-I dint see a change
    2-People trying to trick me
    3-People not caring about it
    4- i have never saw a person help me to the cause and they just use my cause as an excuse to get free stuff
    5- I felt like thw only one doing this for fun and warning them
    I will do the event but i would not to do it alone also, i will only do the event IF i say it here on the CC fourms to prove people that im not triking them because they tink its just to get free stuff if anywone would like to help me i would be glady (im not mini modding) like i said for me EVERYTING goes as charaty and i tink i have done videos but...idk...i need a way to improve the sistem and i cant do it alone, BUT I will talk more about this in the future (especially that cc is broken for me xD)

You know what you're doing is right, helping people out, some aren't going to appreciate it because of greed. You just have to keep going! It doesn't matter what they think, you know you've done something good and that's what matters.
  • Alv'Alv' Member

There's also an asian mod called 20thrainyday but gone

Retired, I think only Momo for now
  •   Angel  Angel Leedle LandGame Moderator
    Players just need to start playing smart and think before reacting/taking actions. Also goes for not being so trusting to players. Mods can’t always be there at every moment so sometimes it’s up to the players to even help each other out and look lookout for one another at times and there’s nothing wrong with that :3. Just be more aware of situations and always read before taking actions.
  • Just do your part and your best to help, I try to report naughty players who speak another language as long as I understand it.
This discussion has been closed.