COVID-19 Support

So, as the recent pandemic was declared about COVID-19, I remember a few years back I suggested a "surgeon mask" and I'm here to resuggest it, but with a twist.

I am suggesting this (cause I'm doing it for my game as well) because it's become a threat to many people all over the world, there is a GoFundMe created by GoFundMe for the pandemic. https://www.gofundme.com/c/act/covid19

I was thinking, maybe like the Koala Mask thing, if someone donates $10+ they could receive this mask as a thank you.

Comments

• It’s a virus... there are no cures, so in reality no money can help.
  • JuIius said:

It’s a virus... there are no cures, so in reality no money can help.

But they can use the money on hospital equipment
  • -1, purely because they have more important things to work on. I’m not saying the corona virus is irrelevant, as it’s clearly important. I’m just saying that they need to get other things done (like the overworld) rather then feeding work time into a different fundraiser every couple weeks. If CC was a bigger game, then maybe this would make sense. But even if they decided to do a second fundraiser this month, I don’t think this small of a game will do much. Especially after the players have just donated to a first fundraiser.
  • Like Julius said, it’s a virus, it can’t be healed/cured. You either get over it or you don’t and unfortunately pass... Yes, people can raise money to try find vaccinations but then again we have just got the koala hat implemented and there are better things to work on.
  • JuIius said:

there are cures what are u talking about ? in my country 9 people of 123 has been healed already
  • edited March 2020

JuIius said:

there are cures what are u talking about ? in my country 9 people of 123 has been healed already
    You can't call it a cure.
    Its what a normal virus would do. It comes for a bit and leaves once its done. The only difference is that other virus' would cause low grade fever while this particular virus can be deadly for people with bad immune system.
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    would be nice to do, but i wonder if the dev will do it because it was already quite hard to even let them allow it to do the panda thingie, sure this needs more attention but this is in their eyes most likely more asking for stuff to add ingame to earn a lot of c on

JuIius said:

there isnt a cure for it yet, here in the netherlands people found a ingredient for the cure for it but it will still take some months for the cure to be completely made, the people that says "cured" are people that beat the virus with their own immume system

JuIius said:

You can't call it a cure.
    Its what a normal virus would do. It comes for a bit and leaves once its done. The only difference is that other virus' would cause low grade fever while this particular virus can be deadly for people with bad immune system.
    yes and no, it is not exactly a cure, but they can make antibodies in an injection that makes it so there are more cells that are resistent against the virus, so sort of a cure... they never did anything about the other virus' because it was never needed, since if it gets dangerous for older people they just have to give it good care
  • The only thing that money will do is make vaccines, second that werable (irl im talking) dosent work the virus can go trough it whit ease...but a good werable could be a termometer (mougth) and a ice bag (fever) idk im just saying BUT i now a negative infinite i will recive like last "incident" Lol (nothing bad happen so dont worry...lets say my ideas SUCK and there need to be burn before they manifest and i tell them to the world aguin)
  • edited March 2020

yes and no, it is not exactly a cure, but they can make antibodies in an injection that makes it so there are more cells that are resistent against the virus, so sort of a cure... they never did anything about the other virus' because it was never needed, since if it gets dangerous for older people they just have to give it good care

Do you mean antiviral/Vaccine. Antibacterial is for bacterial infections whereas Corona is a Viral infection.
    There are vaccines available for some other deadly virus' since this is a new one the vaccine development is still under process.
    https://www.drugs.com/drug-class/viral-vaccines.html
  • Why do we need another fund ? This could be added in cc store for permanent to notice people take care of health