Scam prevention for vends

My friend just got scammed 16k because he thought he was buying a teddy bear head for 16k, but instead, some fool put in tomato seeds, and he got scammed. This is why I'd like to make a suggestion: when you're buying an item worth a certain amount of cubits, put a 5-second confirmation, and make the player wait 5 seconds before buying. Maybe the more expensive it is, the more you have to wait. Although he could have prevented this by not being in a rush, I mean, come on.

Comments

• U can’t put two different items in a vend, so it’s not possible that ur friend got scammed that way
  • Vends are very, very safe. You really need to read what you're buying and double, double check.
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited February 2020
    I don't think a delay would make them read what the confirmation screen says. They would just spam the yes button until it went through. The safety net is there in the confirmation screen but people don't read it. Slow down and remember if it's a deal that's too good to be true it's probably a scam.

Skull, they glass the seeds and then put the lure item above it in glass and cover it in scaffold. Which is another big sign that yells scam. Why would a legit person cover their vend in scaffold or some other block? It's obvious but they ignore the signs that it's a scam for the chance to get a deal. Scammers count on greed and the excitement of a deal.
  • Nah.
    If I’m buying a fully stocked vend with 20 stacks of dirt, I’m not waiting 5 minutes. All it takes is reading the vend. If it sounds too good to be true, it is.
  • JuIius said:

Nah.
    If I’m buying a fully stocked vend with 20 stacks of dirt, I’m not waiting 5 minutes. All it takes is reading the vend. If it sounds too good to be true, it is.

When I am going to a -for example- resource shop, I want to go in buy the blocks I need and go. I definitely see where you’re coming from.
  • JuIius said:

Nah.

That's why I said if it's over a certain amount, you have to wait. If its below like 1k you can buy it instantly. But I was thinking if its over 10k you wait like 3 secs 20k 4 secs etc
  • JuIiusJuIius Member
    edited February 2020
    Vadalek said:

JuIius said:

Nah.

That's why I said if it's over a certain amount, you have to wait. If its below like 1k you can buy it instantly. But I was thinking if its over 10k you wait like 3 secs 20k 4 secs etc
    Again, if it sounds too good to be true, it is. Nobody legitimately will sell an item for way too low, that’s always a scam. Just play smart.
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    JuIius said:

Vadalek said:

JuIius said:

Nah.

Again, if it sounds too good to be true, it is. Nobody legitimately will sell an item for way too low, that’s always a scam. Just play smart.
    Also read. I know sometimes it's not fun to read but it's usually the correct thing to do. Dont make me pull out the quote. (Some of you know which one I'm talking about xD)