Since Love Pack 2020

When someone enters my realm, or when I mine a block 'AFTER" I close chat, Chat will not open as it used to do before the update. I still get the ; *********** has entered my realm & I still get the warning that mined blocks will vanish after 20 minutes. It just doesn't pop open the chat like before the love pack 2020 update.

This is kinda a step back in that we need the chat to pop open 'ESPECIALLY" When a Broadcast is announced like a server restart.
EVERY time an update happens at least 1 to 3 things work differently and not always for the best. Best be sitting down to read this....

This new bug makes 51 things I count that either do NOT work as intended or work as to the fairness of the player who has worked so hard for the item or payed money for it.

Comments

• elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    that the chat doesnt pop open might be on purpose, people have been asking for that for ages, because there is a reason you close the chat, i agree that with broadcasts it needs to ignore that though
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    We did this on purpose. People have been asking for it for a long time. I guess there's no one perfect way. We could maybe add an option in the settings to pop it open for system broadcasts for people who still want that.
  • I wouldn't be able to express how glad I am that this was implemented into the game - it's really useful. I definitely think there should be a setting for the people that do really not like the feature but for the time being... I have no problems with it!
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

We did this on purpose. People have been asking for it for a long time. I guess there's no one perfect way. We could maybe add an option in the settings to pop it open for system broadcasts for people who still want that.

Thank you so much for adding this! I enjoyed playing quietly for a while yesterday without feeling like I had to read everything that popped up. Love it!!

• Don’t close your chat?
  • The devs are super sneaky, they put in the smol things that are big without telling us. I didn't even notice. I understand Intimates dislike for it but for me I LOVE IT. No more annoying tab popping down e.e
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Sometimes small things can be big... It's actually good to try and identify the small things (sometimes things that seem small are big development time though) that are easy to do that really improve day to day playing when possible. But as we see in this thread these changes aren't always perfect for everyone so we also have to be a tad careful.
  • We did this on purpose. People have been asking for it for a long time. I guess there's no one perfect way. We could maybe add an option in the settings to pop it open for system broadcasts for people who still want that.

Thank You, I did ask for this and if you can please do add in a broadcast popup so we who hide can secure stuff in anticipation of a restart :)

GVQ I like it, I was just so used to being ignored that I thought this was a bug.
  • IntimateIntimate Member
    edited February 2020

The devs are super sneaky, they put in the smol things that are big without telling us. I didn't even notice. I understand Intimates dislike for it but for me I LOVE IT. No more annoying tab popping down e.e

Speaking of 'sneaky' They added Auto Compass. I did not see it a few days ago and today I lost server for a while and now Sci Fi Special Pack gives us the compass.
    So Thank You @SirKewberth , This is sooo cool. It works just like the Ranger Compass.