A Koala Package to Support Australia?

13»

Comments

• SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Ok I know what we're going to do... So Stay tuned. It'll be simple because there's time and other limitations, but I'll have something setup. It won't be until the next update though.
  • Ok I know what we're going to do... So Stay tuned. It'll be simple because there's time and other limitations, but I'll have something setup. It won't be until the next update though.

Oh okay, thanks you so much for looking at my suggestion, I really hope to see what you will do for it!
  • Ok I know what we're going to do... So Stay tuned. It'll be simple because there's time and other limitations, but I'll have something setup. It won't be until the next update though.

Wonderful thank you soo much for supporting this it’s great to see the community in its finest :)
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I'm a bit surprised (and saddened) at how many people are wanting something as a reward for giving. I say that I'm surprised because I see people giving every day in the game. Someone says they were scammed or need cubits to buy their dream item and people start giving items or cubits to help. They do this expecting nothing in return, they do it because they want to make someone happy, feel better or reach a difficult goal. We are a community and it makes us feel good to give to our friends or people we don't even know. So I guess I don't understand why this doesn't translate to real world needs and donations. I know a lot of things in the real world are sold with proceeds going to a charity, and that's great but shouldn't we just give because there is a need and we want to help? Why wait for someone to offer an item in return? The people of Australia have been fighting these fires for months and donations are being held out for a virtual item. I'm not trying to sound angry, mean or judgmental, I'm just trying to understand.

With all that said, I'm happy to hear that SirKewberth has found something to encourage people that want something in return to give.
  • I'm a bit surprised (and saddened) at how many people are wanting something as a reward for giving. I say that I'm surprised because I see people giving every day in the game. Someone says they were scammed or need cubits to buy their dream item and people start giving items or cubits to help. They do this expecting nothing in return, they do it because they want to make someone happy, feel better or reach a difficult goal. We are a community and it makes us feel good to give to our friends or people we don't even know. So I guess I don't understand why this doesn't translate to real world needs and donations. I know a lot of things in the real world are sold with proceeds going to a charity, and that's great but shouldn't we just give because there is a need and we want to help? Why wait for someone to offer an item in return? The people of Australia have been fighting these fires for months and donations are being held out for a virtual item. I'm not trying to sound angry, mean or judgmental, I'm just trying to understand.

With all that said, I'm happy to hear that SirKewberth has found something to encourage people that want something in return to give.

People nowdays are most of these types , really hard to see good kind one , please accept the fact and carry on .
  • I'm a bit surprised (and saddened) at how many people are wanting something as a reward for giving. I say that I'm surprised because I see people giving every day in the game. Someone says they were scammed or need cubits to buy their dream item and people start giving items or cubits to help. They do this expecting nothing in return, they do it because they want to make someone happy, feel better or reach a difficult goal. We are a community and it makes us feel good to give to our friends or people we don't even know. So I guess I don't understand why this doesn't translate to real world needs and donations. I know a lot of things in the real world are sold with proceeds going to a charity, and that's great but shouldn't we just give because there is a need and we want to help? Why wait for someone to offer an item in return? The people of Australia have been fighting these fires for months and donations are being held out for a virtual item. I'm not trying to sound angry, mean or judgmental, I'm just trying to understand.

whimsical is right. we don't need an item, so could you add a link bumper to the lobby even if you still want to add an item?

Don’t stress too much hey I’ve thought this through many times more in the real world scenario for tax breaks people get for donating to charities and even to public donations and it’s a tricky situation. See I feel people will donate with no recognition and no incentive but it’s at a much lower rate. Those people do still get the good feeling within that is ultimately all we really need for the situation but I do feel when charities do fundraisers for items it’s always much more successful, we could debate that people only donated for the item but at the end of the day the main goal is to help and even bring awareness sometimes so looking at it with true chickenlips optimism I’d see it as the items have a flowing effect as if all these donations were anonymously made its a wonderful thing but no one really sees any impact the drive is having and people feel alone donating when people see items flooding into the economy for this example it will bring awareness and in the future the item will not only be a item but will represent visually of how much the community has pulled together.

I agree with Whim. This should be about helping not getting something that just so happens to come as a reward for donating to save lives. If lives are at risk then the quickest option should be the one to choose. Not taking our time trying to make sure people get their precious items to show that they dipped into their pockets.

No offense intended.
  • Alv'Alv' Member
    edited January 2020

I'm a bit surprised (and saddened) at how many people are wanting something as a reward for giving. I say that I'm surprised because I see people giving every day in the game. Someone says they were scammed or need cubits to buy their dream item and people start giving items or cubits to help. They do this expecting nothing in return, they do it because they want to make someone happy, feel better or reach a difficult goal. We are a community and it makes us feel good to give to our friends or people we don't even know. So I guess I don't understand why this doesn't translate to real world needs and donations. I know a lot of things in the real world are sold with proceeds going to a charity, and that's great but shouldn't we just give because there is a need and we want to help? Why wait for someone to offer an item in return? The people of Australia have been fighting these fires for months and donations are being held out for a virtual item. I'm not trying to sound angry, mean or judgmental, I'm just trying to understand.

Don’t stress too much hey I’ve thought this through many times more in the real world scenario for tax breaks people get for donating to charities and even to public donations and it’s a tricky situation. See I feel people will donate with no recognition and no incentive but it’s at a much lower rate. Those people do still get the good feeling within that is ultimately all we really need for the situation but I do feel when charities do fundraisers for items it’s always much more successful, we could debate that people only donated for the item but at the end of the day the main goal is to help and even bring awareness sometimes so looking at it with true chickenlips optimism I’d see it as the items have a flowing effect as if all these donations were anonymously made its a wonderful thing but no one really sees any impact the drive is having and people feel alone donating when people see items flooding into the economy for this example it will bring awareness and in the future the item will not only be a item but will represent visually of how much the community has pulled together.
    I agree with chic, yeah but I know no item will be better, like helping without for reward.

But you know some players might get inspired to donate if theres item after donated. Also rich player or collector might buy alot and support Australia as well, so they can get something for collection and gain more money for Australia as well... just like Doc/Nurse.

And Kewb didnt say what he is going to do, he say something "Simple", we dont know what is it, maybe he just add a badge for who donated, who knows? So let just stay tuned

I agree with chic, yeah but I know no item will be better, like helping without for reward.

But you know some players might get inspired to donate if theres item after donated. Also rich player or collector might buy alot and support Australia as well, so they can get something for collection and gain more money for Australia as well... just like Doc/Nurse.

And Kewb didnt say what he is going to do, he say something "Simple", we dont know what is it, maybe he just add a badge for who donated, who knows? So let just*stay tuned

And Kewb didnt say what he is going to do, he say something "Simple", we dont know what is it, maybe he just add a badge for who donated, who knows? So let just*stay tuned
    Sorry didnt saw the typo
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember

well for me its more the fact that i want to see that the money that i have donated actually has been received, sure with donation sites you get messages but those are simply robots so it isnt personal