Poll about hourly rental market

WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
I've been thinking a lot about setting up a realm much like Pen's for hourly rental plots but before I did something like that I want to know your opinions. Pendragon seems to have left the game which leaves his rental realm like a zoo most days. Nobody has perm in there so we have many plots that are misused for inappropriate builds and signs. We also have a lot of items are lost due to various reasons.

Please vote in the poll and give me your opinions and ideas on a new hourly rental market that would bring order to the chaos we now have in Pen's.

**I mean no disrespect towards Pendragon in asking this. I know he has many loyal fans and if he was still an active player I would not be asking this question or considering setting up an hourly rental realm.

Comments

• I’m not sure if it will work. Pen’s seems to have infinite life. But, you can try.
  • DoodleDogDoodleDog Member
    edited January 2020
    I would use both rentals, preferably the mods' rentals if they would be well-known and have many customers. This would also make the Community Market even more busy and visited which would make it easier to sell the items on regular plots if the two realms were linked maybe

Another solution which is easier in my opinion would be meeting up with Pendragon and have him give permission to some mods or other trusted people which could keep the place clean and safe. Pen's Yard Rentals is an extremely popular place and it will be hard for many people to change to another rental, especially new players.
  • edited January 2020
    I like the thought behind it. No shame to you Whim but it will take quite a bit of recognition as Pen's is very popular at the moment. I think if you can pull it off then go for it, why not. Yet I would probably still use both, it gives more variety. When I go to Pen's and see nothing interesting it will be nice to go somewhere else too.
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    DoodleDog said:

Another solution which is easier in my opinion would be meeting up with Pendragon and have him give permission to some mods or other trusted people which could keep the place clean and safe. Pen's Yard Rentals is an extremely popular place and it will be hard for many people to change to another rental, especially new players.

Getting in touch with him might be a challenge. I saw him in game one day and couldn't get his attention through all of his fans. lol If anyone knows him I would love to talk to him to see if this is a possibility. Maybe someone can help me talk to him.
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

DoodleDog said:

Getting in touch with him might be a challenge. I saw him in game one day and couldn't get his attention through all of his fans. lol If anyone knows him I would love to talk to him to see if this is a possibility. Maybe someone can help me talk to him.
    I have him added as a friend and I haven't seen him for a long time. I think it would be hard to take the attention from his rental but I think if a new one was moderated efficiently and you were willing to go the extra mile to advertise it for a long stretch of time it might be do able.
    Many players have tried and failed but maybe it being moderated might give you an edge
  • CubicPencilCubicPencil Member
    edited January 2020
    Very nice. I love this, but unfortunately I wont get asked if 'pens' yard rentals is run by me anymore might be hard to transfer ppl from pens to your rentals, as others have mentioned
  • Pen's for some reason it got a big sucess, and it have been from long time, I don't think people will change to a new one...

But you can try the 1 hour rentals, make 5x5 and make with one easy realm name, so everybody can remmember easy.
  • GalaGala Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I agree with this... But I have previously thought of an official Cubic Market that can be added to the main lobby or in the Cubic Town Center.
  • Another thing with Pen’s, is that it’s always on popular realms list, and new players see it as a way to make cubits without using hollas at their own place. If you were able to pull off having it on popular realms 24/7, I’m sure it would work great. Especially because the moderator tag would help gain trust with newer players. And if the realm was moderated, there wouldn’t be anything inappropriate made in plots.
This discussion has been closed.