fridge use (pretty *cool* ngl (haha))

edited January 2020 in Suggestions & Comments
So ive had this idea in my mind for probably a year now. So, what if Fridges had a use? Well yeah. I came up with a use.

So Ice, yeah, it can be pretty annoying to get. You slip all over it when you mine it and most of the time, it breaks into Water! Heres my solution: Fridges could be used to make Ice. How, you may ask? Well, its simple. There are 2 ways i can think this is possible. Way #1: you could open it like a Work Bench and use Water to make Ice. Way #2: You can open it like a Furnace and you can insert Water and it can slowly be converted into Ice.

I assume this would be rather simple to make, but what do i know? Im not a programming expert!

Tell me what you think about this. It can only be used to make one type of thing, but its a use nonetheless! Maybe there could be more creative things you could make with a fridge? Maybe you could turn ice into snow with the fridge... wait no, that would be better for a Work Bench or Anvil.

So yeah, have a good day i guess

Edit: When making the Ice, it should have a time limit. Maybe 2 minutes for 1 Ice block? Maybe it could work just like a furnace? I dunno, im not the one to decide!

Another edit: If this does get added, something might have to get changed with the storage mechanic of the fridges. Maybe there could be 2 buttons to press instead of one? I dunno, this might make it impossible to add the fridge use...

Comments

• edited January 2020
    Okay,

I think the logic behind the fact that it turns into water when you break it sometimes makes it harder to obtain. So it makes it a challenge for people who mine it.

However, this idea does seem alright for players who have trouble with ice. I just feel it would make it too easily obtained. Possibly, to make it slightly more effort, add a time limit. So you place a certain about of water into the fridge and wait, say, 1 hour or so for it to freeze.
  • I like this but I think instead of a fridge you should just say its an ice maker/ice making machine
  • Okay,

I think the logic behind the fact that it turns into water when you break it sometimes makes it harder to obtain. So it makes it a challenge for people who mine it.

However, this idea does seem alright for players who have trouble with ice. I just feel it would make it too easily obtained. Possibly, to make it slightly more effort, add a time limit. So you place a certain about of water into the fridge and wait, say, 1 hour or so for it to freeze.

Yes, i was thinking of it having a time limit, but i completely forgot to actually add it to the discussion... soooo yeah im gonna edit it in
  • yes +1 , maybe should like cut o matik, u put amount of water to make ice, it take time too
  • Well at least cc should do something about the 49% loss of snow when we are trying to mine it. I mined 918 snow and I got 618 snow & 300 water. If I wanted water I would get it in a tropical mine but I want SNOW.

When we mine Mountain the loss is like .5% when we lose 1 block to get ores instead.