Storage Category?

AnguishireAnguishire Member
edited January 2020 in General Chat
Best realms contest for 2019 is finally up! I've been waiting all year and im sure other people were too. Goodluck to all of you who submitted your realms :D. My submission for this contest was supposed to be my storage. This build took a very very long time and I was really excited for this year's contest because I wanted to submit it. Except... there is no storage category. So it made me wonder... why isnt there one? Of course, I could've made my life a lot easier by just putting it into another category... but it made me worry that if I do win in whatever category I go in, people might call me out for cheating as my realm is... technically and visibly a storage, its obvious. Also, as a person who absolutely adores building storages, I dont think it would be nice to constantly put my storage into other categories each year.

Im 100% sure that there are other players who also enjoy making and designing storages. Im also 100% sure that they're a lot less that ones who enjoy building shops, farms or parkours. Why? Well, because there isnt a category so why bother? The vast majority of people nowdays will only put effort into something in hopes being paid off for it in the future. I feel like this is why most people have 33x33 grey realms with random chests and glassed items all around the place as their storage.

I also feel like the reason for this is that categories came second when they were supposed to come first. For example, the shops category was generated because people have built a lot of shops... "have" as in past tense - first... the category came AFTER the shops were built - second. With this system, the storage category will be added AFTER people make enough of them... which probably wont happen because, as said previously, why bother if there is no category? People only decided to make shops and farms to sell stuff - even if there is no category, they're still getting paid for their efforts. The other categories - Clan realm, Scenic realm, Parkours, Adventure realm - were generated through competition; seeing who can make the hardest parkour, prettiest scenic realm, most ambitious clan realm and the most confusing adventure realm. Sadly, there is no equal when it comes to storages... which is why I think adding the category first will change it. If there is a category, people will now have something to aim for - the best storage - which comes with a great reward.

If the category is indeed added or approved of, I think it would be best to add it next year. Dont really care about my storage that much anymore. As long as it did take and as excited as I was to submit it, id rather try to get other people to compete and build their own unique storages.

As someone who's first language isn't english, I really hope I managed to word everything properly and get my message across. Thank you for reading it and I'd love to read your thoughts in the comments.

Comments

• WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I hope this category can be added for this 2019 contest. I've seen quite a few creative storage realms, it would be great to encourage another kind of building since it is becoming a lost part of the game.

@Space_fetus
    @SirKewberth
  • +1 - building effective and efficient yet aesthetically pleasing storage is an artform!
  • Yes +1, I love to build storage tbh
  • +1
  • qbee vampireqbee vampire Member
    edited January 2020
    +1 maybe next year
    There's no collection category too ......

Still'If there're no enough entries the category will get removed'
    Why not just judge the one we have? Scenic category is very struggling
  • +1 maybe next year
    There's no collection category too ......

Still'If there're no enough entries the category will get removed'
    Why not just judge the one we have? Scenic category is very struggling

Having a category but not enough people is better than having no category at all. Having no category usually just guarantees that there wont be enough entries - they wont bother with it.
  • I try to persuade space not to remove category on last year but i failed
  • We need this.
  • You got my vote.
  • +1 This will maybe make me build, again.
  • Also a collection category..
  • Absolutely! I have a great storage i've worked massively hard on that would be awesome to show off!! From the sound of it so have many other builders.
    +1