[Building Contest]: Dragons

Comments

• YakrooYakroo Somewhere In The Milky WayMember
    edited May 2016
    I Finished It At After The Contest Began -.-
    Rabbi And Cortana And Horus Can Prove This...
  • Yakroo said:

I Finished It At After The Contest Began -.-

But started it BEFORE the contest was announced ;)
    edited May 2016
    "RULES SAID FINISHED BUILDS CANT ENTER"
    IT WAS UNFINISHED WHEN I JOINED -.-
    (Its Still Unfinished Cuz I Might Add More)
  • Rules are rules yak *pats back*
    edited May 2016
    @rabbi Help Clear This Up Pls, (I Started The Build May 4 And Finished At May 10) U Were There And U Said I Can Enter My Build In The Contest...
  • Well, as I have started my room 3 months ago, and continued my build when this event was announced. And now all my time and effort gone lol. Im just letting swissy continue what I have started.
  • Mcwolf the SaneMcwolf the Sane BangladeshMember
    Honestly, the rule doesn't make sense. There's absolutely no way to ensure that the build wasn't finished before the project. For all you know, I could have secret doors tucked away leading to locked rooms filled with dragons I've never shown anyone but my closest friends... Now if the rule was something like "builds which already took part in some other contests can't enter", it would be much smarter.
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    As I previously stated..
    BJDware said:

lucaaa795 said:

I talked with rabbi and here is a suggestion he agreed on:
    All Dragons Must be built during the contest."
    I mean...i think we all want fairplay right?
    Joining with a already finished dragon in contest is not so fairplay tho...
    However,is rabbi's choice to edit the main post or not
    Jsut a suggestion '-'

Would be hard to tell when builds were constructed.
  • smuressmures Member
    @Mcwolf the Sane and @BJDware are both right. It's sort of a pointless rule, someone can easily use an old room and say they built it o-o.
  • .ci..ci. Member
    007Awesome007, that is awesome!
  • AuraAura Member
    edited July 2016
    lucaaa795 said:

someone can easily use an old room and say they built it o-o.

Best example of this is Aura's dragon.
    If she would say that she built it in few days,then noone would believe her..
    Definitely didn't take a few days to do xD It took nearly the whole of January from planning to finish (though mainly since I'm not a very active builder :P).

I've already withdrawn my dragon entry and I'm happily working on another dragon to be able to enter the contest. The dragon in Dragon's Tower was my first attempt so this is a perfect chance to have another go, and hopefully improve!

Good luck to all entries c:

---Edited---

Due to lack of time and motivation to build, I haven't been able to finish the dragon by the deadline. I'll finish it someday... Just not for the contest :P

Looking forward to seeing the entries >v<
    Thanks @007 Awesome 007 I Got Disqualified U Really Are An Awesome Friend So Selfless And Generous To Take Everyone Down With Yah Hope Ur Happy Thanks U Made My Day ☺

And To What @lucaaa795 Said,
    lucaaa795 said:

I dont see any problem with dragon parts already built (a wing,a section of head etc.)..
    But NOT some kind of dragon that has been built in..um..well...A LOT.
    Imo should be oki if u had a part of the dragon already built,but not the whole dragon...
    And yeah..is hard to say when room has been created.....Maybe in future something like a block could be use to check when room/realm have been created..

May 5(Evening): I Made The Tail
    May 6(1am To 4am): The Legs
    May 6(Evening): Half Of Body
    May 6(1am To 6am): Upper Body
    I Didnt Want To Continue But Then @-GreyCoralKing- Motivated Me To Finish It
    May 7 (Afternoon): Built The Right Arm
    May 7(Night Time): @Food 87 Helped Me With The Neck And Head
    May 8(Midnight): @icelight313 @LilWizard Helped Me With The Flooring
    May 8(Night To Late Morning): Left Arm Built And Then I Surprised @Cortana As Belated Happy Birthday Greeting From Me And My Build @Horus Was Also There

Note: I Just Want To State It Out I Didnt Cheat And Followed The Rules Also @rabbi Suggested Me To Apply That Build In Her Contest... But Now I Cant Enter It, Ill Just Quit The Contest,
    Again Thanks To @007 Awesome 007 Ur The Best!
  • rabbirabbi Member
    edited May 2016
    @Sir. Pixel @Zephania just a note to you. Because I think I never get your entry? You must submit your entry by May 22nd and it can not be a finished realm.
  • smuressmures Member
    edited May 2016
    @rabbi I still gotta get the doorway to you o3o
    I can bring it to you tomorrow at 5:00 and after (cubic time)
  • iBunniezillaiBunniezilla New ZealandMember
    edited May 2016
    lucaaa795 said:

Grey+Meg=r.i.p other contestants chances
    We r doomed ;-;

I saw theirs, and holy cubits. It was the definition of holiness.
  • S.ziaS.zia Member
    @Rabbi if your online i will give you a doorway. Add me i registered
  • *insane**insane* SerbiaMember
    but i dont have money for new room ,-, can i just use room i have but put some platform so you dont see below it?
  • rabbirabbi Member
    *Insane* said:

but i dont have money for new room ,-, can i just use room i have but put some platform so you dont see below it?

_(:3」∠)_I can give you a 33x33 empty room. Or just give you the cubits and you can buy a bigger one. But then you will have to complete your entry :p
  • edited May 2016
    Ensuring a room has not been built in or started is not complicated. All it requires is said person to have the room delivered to Rabbi first, have her check that the room has not been started. That simple. Like my room you can tell I have not had a head start because it is empty...and well still empty ahah! Slacker procrastinator to the max :D! Also you all panicking about Meg and I joining forces, we have not. I just stated Meg and I have a problem of our thinking overlapping eerily similar. We both have to discuss what the other is not allowed to build lol.

After some considerable procrastination and finding every possible way of avoiding building what I actually needed to I have begun FINALLY. Que me pulling out a paper bag as I hyper ventilate. *slow claps* Way to go Grey, this is just like the time you had a ten page thesis in college that you were supposed to have started at the beginning of the semester....but you waited until eight pm the night before it was due to start working on it. What can I say I find the thrill of flying by the seat of my pants exhilarating! What is it that that the young-uns say this day and age. YOLO.

The walls of Edensburg are rising, a small town in the mountains set on the course of an ill fate. The baleful cube will rejoice in fire and blood as the citizens who for a brief moment exist pulled from the written pen into reality only to be burned before taking their second breath. The ground will tear asunder and give birth to unimaginable nightmares that will take to the sky blotting the lands with great loss and misfortune.

Edensburg
  • justmegjustmeg Member
    edited May 2016

Also you all panicking about Meg and I joining forces, we have not. I just stated Meg and I have a problem of our thinking overlapping eerily similar. We both have to discuss what the other is not allowed to build lol.

a small town in the mountains

*cough*

That's what I built, rofl
  • See I told you we would build something similar, happens every dang time lol.
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    Contest ends June 22nd, my exams end June 22nd o-o

Can this be a sign?!
  • I am sorry to request this but I will need the deadline extended or I will have to reassign from the competition. My uncle passed a few days ago and you can imagine many things are hitting the fan, my play time will be minimal. I am not looking for sympathy or a sorry, it is just life ;/
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    Aww :( I do hope the deadline can be pushed back.
  • smuressmures Member

I am sorry to request this but I will need the deadline extended or I will have to reassign from the competition. My uncle passed a few days ago and you can imagine many things are hitting the fan, my play time will be minimal. I am not looking for sympathy or a sorry, it is just life ;/

Oh no Grey, I'm so sorry for your loss :(
    I hope the deadline can be pushed back for you <3
  • rabbirabbi Member

I am sorry to request this but I will need the deadline extended or I will have to reassign from the competition. My uncle passed a few days ago and you can imagine many things are hitting the fan, my play time will be minimal. I am not looking for sympathy or a sorry, it is just life ;/

about how long will you need grey? if it's like 1-2 weeks more I'm sure it won't hurt for those who finished early :)
  • Swissy DreamerSwissy Dreamer Playing with Asriel,Frisk,And CharaMember
    I also want the deadline to extend as i got problems IRL too... Busy in game and Real life ._.
    Also, nevarwel quit the contest so i jave to do it alone
  • I apologize for commenting so late, July 5th would work for me. I apologize for holding the contest :(. Life can really be a big ol jerk meany doo doo head.

I apologize for commenting so late, July 5th would work for me. I apologize for holding the contest :(. Life can really be a big ol jerk meany doo doo head.

Anything for you :D