The Future of Cubic Castles?

How do you think the future of Cubic Castles will look?

Let's say 5 years from now...what will the game be like?

Will the game's popularity increase over time and eventually become a Massively Multiplayer Online game?

Or will the game soon die for one reason or another, whether it be lack of revenue, eventual plateau of popularity, cancellation, etc.?

Comments

• The game must live forevaaah
  • even people say its growing.. i still see its dying slowly
  • Lopaiko said:

even people say its growing.. i still see its dying slowly

It has its ups and downs like every game does.
  • edited December 2019
    This is the REALLY nice thing about the future. No one knows.

But I hope the game just keeps getting better and better because it’s a good game.
    However, every game DOES have to die at some point. Like Charmander said, if the game maintains balance it will live on longer.
  • ContumasContumas Member
    edited December 2019
    Whatever happens, I hope it doesn't get shut down
    @SirKewberth do you think the game will ever be shut down? Probably not in the near future.
    I personally don't see this game blowing up, it's just not the type of game most people would like. Now a days everyone likes shooting games (booring)
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    404 not found
  • Contumas said:

@SirKewberth do you think the game will ever be shut down? Probably not in the near future.
    I personally don't see this game blowing up, it's just not the type of game most people would like. Now a days everyone likes shooting games (booting)

I don't think that'll be easily answered. Cause the game community is fluctuating, no-one game can last forever, I believe that's true, the trend of games will always change with time.

From what I see of cubic castles, it can still live for couple of years, but not too long I guess. But anyway as long as the game maintain their fair and balance it'll live longer.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Well we do have a concrete plan to grow the audience in 2020. So we'll see how that works out. But it's at least possible we'll have many more players at the end of next year than we do right now. And before you ask, we're not ready to announce anything. But suffice to say we've been working on many things.
  • Please, we do not need another phase of OMG THE GAME IS DYING threads.
  • It's not, it's just what you think will happen to the game. Kewberth sounds like he has a good plan for 2020 so hopefully the game will grow
  • Contumas said:

I personally don't see this game blowing up, it's just not the type of game most people would like. Now a days everyone likes shooting games (booring)

Oooooooh legit
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    edited December 2019
    It can be fun for up to 2 years of playing (at 4-6 times a week) . The fun wears off starting at the 2-3 months mark and reaches the bottom in roughly 1.5-2 years. By then, at a near-daily playing, you will have acquired everything at least five times. While this game doesn't have a set ending, it feels like that once you have everything.
    Newer players must make up for the lost veterans, the cycle must continue with at least as many players joining as leaving. Otherwise it's going downhill.
    The concept of this game is unique, and with all due respect, if it's ever gonna shut down it'll be most likely due to the poor management of the development team. It takes lots of things to run the game properly, including a team that listens to what happens in the community. Or at times it feels like the dev team is paralel with the playerbase.
  • Well we do have a concrete plan to grow the audience in 2020. So we'll see how that works out. But it's at least possible we'll have many more players at the end of next year than we do right now. And before you ask, we're not ready to announce anything. But suffice to say we've been working on many things.

I’m really hoping you pull off what you mentioned to me a few months ago. The game will be amazing.
  • JuIius said:

Please, we do not need another phase of OMG THE GAME IS DYING threads.

That's different from caring for the future of the game.
  • 'Dragon' said:

Well we do have a concrete plan to grow the audience in 2020. So we'll see how that works out. But it's at least possible we'll have many more players at the end of next year than we do right now. And before you ask, we're not ready to announce anything. But suffice to say we've been working on many things.

I’m really hoping you pull off what you mentioned to me a few months ago. The game will be amazing.
    Sounds scary, but exciting :o
  • lucaaa795 said:

It can be fun for up to 2 years of playing (at 4-6 times a week) . The fun wears off starting at the 2-3 months mark and reaches the bottom in roughly 1.5-2 years. By then, at a near-daily playing, you will have acquired everything at least five times. While this game doesn't have a set ending, it feels like that once you have everything.
    Newer players must make up for the lost veterans, the cycle must continue with at least as many players joining as leaving. Otherwise it's going downhill.
    The concept of this game is unique, and with all due respect, if it's ever gonna shut down it'll be most likely due to the poor management of the development team. It takes lots of things to run the game properly, including a team that listens to what happens in the community. Or at times it feels like the dev team is paralel with the playerbase.

True. Before I play the game, I watched latecom, red eagle, etc. Vids and I was surprised that they quitted.

When I was starting to play the game, I get to enjoy it since I have to work hard to earn the cubits. Craft, do things and of course, to enjoy parkours etc.

But when the christmas time came and many players do POWs (I participated there) I have collected things and sell it. After having and earning huge amount of cubits... I got bored to the game and didn't played it for 3 days....

The thing is I got caught up in cubits and a lot of player does. Which makes the game uhm kinda boring? I kept seeing hollas inviting qbees to their shops and still hoping to see one saying: COME AND CHECK OUT MY NEWEST BUILD!.

Uhm it's kinda getting boring and less fun. I hope mods can think another way to do other things instead of adding wearables to the game :)

As Lucaaaa said,

The concept of the game is unique which is true.. Because this is the only game I found to be very interesting and very cool. Because I get to interact with others, mine in mines, uhm you know. And I hope that this game will not die. And I am pretty sure it won't. As long many people will discover this unique game and they get to enjoy it and not getting eaten by the cubit. Because as you see that like almost all players in cc are already pro
    Ex:
    100 players of cc
    12 are newbies
    76 are pro
    Some are inactive or they quit or whatever.

It's not balance like that.

I hope you can consider the things I said.

Ty for reading :)
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Mr. Venom said:

lucaaa795 said:

Uhm it's kinda getting boring and less fun. I hope mods can think another way to do other things instead of adding wearables to the game :)
    Mods don't add items to the game. That is something the developers do, like SirKewberth.
  • Mr. Venom said:

lucaaa795 said:

Mods don't add items to the game. That is something the developers do, like SirKewberth.
    Oh so sorry. Thanks for correcting me :)
  • @SirKewberth how many players are there right now?
  • - Vlad - said:

@SirKewberth how many players are there right now?

That number is for some reason removed from official site.
  • Djedo said:

- Vlad - said:

That's probably why he's asking.

• Djedo said:

- Vlad - said:

That's probably why he's asking.

Yeah, because firstly, i am curios and secondly, i want to make some comparisons. However, i am afraid that those numbers are hidden from us because.. it's kinda bad.

As much as i like the game and i hate to say it, they might be hiding it so we don't get alarmed, especially after that period when everyone said it was dying.
  • There should be better ways to not get scammed, such as a warning window pops up whenever you try to drop something in somebody elses realm