New area in Whim's Community Market

WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
edited January 2020 in Community
I'm trying something new in the market! I've set up 11x11 rooms that can be rented weekly for 500c. Mini shop owners will have permission in the room so they will be able to design and decorate their shop and best of all, set their own vends. These rooms can only be used for mini shops, rules are on the board in front of the row of doors. Let me know if you are interested and we can try to set up a time to meet and get you set up.

If this goes well, I will add more rental rooms and consider longer rental periods (two weeks, monthly). Feel free to comment or offer suggestions about this or anything else you think would be a good addition to the market.

Comments

• I think this is a great idea!
  • _Elf said:

I think this is a great idea!

yes
  • Ah, very nice. Would keep you running and give you some constant profit at times was the idea I hope?
  • if u wanna make it weekly u can put a week rental for 500c that has a switch on top and u gotta rent that switch to remove the outline blocks in front of the door idk
  • if u wanna make it weekly u can put a week rental for 500c that has a switch on top and u gotta rent that switch to remove the outline blocks in front of the door idk

That’s actually a good idea
  • JuIius said:

if u wanna make it weekly u can put a week rental for 500c that has a switch on top and u gotta rent that switch to remove the outline blocks in front of the door idk

That’s actually a good idea
    yes weird ik
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

if u wanna make it weekly u can put a week rental for 500c that has a switch on top and u gotta rent that switch to remove the outline blocks in front of the door idk

It sounds good until you think about the fact that I need to be there to give them perm in the room. Plus, I want to know who is buying in case something comes up with the room or if the owner goes inactive and I need to put the items in storage to be claimed when they return.

Ah, very nice. Would keep you running and give you some constant profit at times was the idea I hope?

A profit would be nice but I guess it will depend on how many people are interested and if the concept grows into adding more rooms. I guess we will see in time :)

It sounds good until you think about the fact that I need to be there to give them perm in the room. Plus, I want to know who is buying in case something comes up with the room or if the owner goes inactive and I need to put the items in storage to be claimed when they return.

Ah, very nice. Would keep you running and give you some constant profit at times was the idea I hope?

A profit would be nice but I guess it will depend on how many people are interested and if the concept grows into adding more rooms. I guess we will see in time :)

Set the realm setup to anyone can access it. They rent a plot with a door one block off the plot, and then there’s scaffold on the plot in front of the door. A warp food that’s on the plot goes into the room, they can trust them self and then set it to trusted only. Then leave and remove the scaffold blocking the door.

You will then be able to check the trusted list to know who owns it.

But that’s only if you want to make it automatic lol.
    'Dragon' said:

Set the realm setup to anyone can access it. They rent a plot with a door one block off the plot, and then there’s scaffold on the plot in front of the door. A warp food that’s on the plot goes into the room, they can trust them self and then set it to trusted only. Then leave and remove the scaffold blocking the door.

I kind of like this option, I would have to put signs inside the room explaining how to give themselves trust and then change everything to trusted only. This could work. Does anyone have any thoughts or concerns on a set up like this? I really want this to work but I don't want to change the process five times after it gets going because I missed something.
  • 'Dragon' said:

I kind of like this option, I would have to put signs inside the room explaining how to give themselves trust and then change everything to trusted only. This could work. Does anyone have any thoughts or concerns on a set up like this? I really want this to work but I don't want to change the process five times after it gets going because I missed something.
    Make sure you put a sign on top of the warp food that tells them to appear offline too.
    The mini shops are doing great. All of the current owners are so happy they don't want to give up their spot. They are all set up differently and have a variety of items so be sure to check them out when you are in their. I'm going to add some more on the other side of the shop. Come see me if you are interested.

ALL NEW!!
    I've added some new weekly plots at the front of the shop. These plots are only for selling items over 100k, no vends are allowed on them and nothing under 100k. You display your item with a price sign, if a buyer comes in we will sell it and put your cubits in a pig for you to pick up. Easy sale!! We get a lot of people going through the shop every day, even on days when no hollas are done. If you are interested in renting one of these plots, see me or Julius. If you are a buyer, watch those plots, you might find just that item you're looking for.

Thanks to everyone for making Whim's Community Market such a successful shop! I'm always looking for new ways to help you sell your items so if you have any suggestions feel free to share them. :)
This discussion has been closed.