Is there a way to change my flag from one country to another?

I recently started playing this game (It's really fun!) and for some reason, the flag that is next to my username is a Canadian flag, when I live in the USA. Is there a way I can change this? Any answer will be appreciated.

Comments

• elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    hmmm dunno for sure but maybe try to buy the reset flag item in the shop? maybe that it will be reset to it....

or else maybe ask support
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    If you live close to the border that could be why.
  • SuperQbee05SuperQbee05 Member
    edited January 2018
    U said:

If you live close to the border that could be why.

I live pretty far from the Canadian border, so I don't think that's the reason.
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    edited January 2018
    There is no way to change the country as the flag is based on the IP you are using (per support). Either your IP (like mine) is outdated/wrong in their lookup database, or I'm guessing the parent company providing the IP service is from Canada (I had Verizon, but it's now Frontier). As I'm from Central FL (so no where near the Canadian border), it does bother me that I have a Canadian flag instead of a US one (as every other site that does a flag based on my IP has it right), but I just go around in the game saying "I'm Sorry" and "Eh" a lot to make up for it and try to blend in with the other Canuks. ;)
  • Weird, that shouldn't happen unless you use a VPN or you use a proxy server of your own to redirect your client's connection via some server in another country and in this case Canada. Or of course, you have to be a mod to cloak the flag which I assume you are not. But other than that, there should be no reason for why that happened. That's weird.
  • Hm I dunno. @Raizuseku He may not be a mod but could've got his name changed.
    I remember sometime ago I got my name changed and the in-game username didn't match the login user name. Not only that my flag was from the otherside of the world sooo that mod screwed my name up lel but now I have no issues.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Ragean said:

Hm I dunno. @Raizuseku He may not be a mod but could've got his name changed.
    I remember sometime ago I got my name changed and the in-game username didn't match the login user name. Not only that my flag was from the otherside of the world sooo that mod screwed my name up lel but now I have no issues.

Never heard of a flag changing with a name change. Your log in not changing with the name change is normal though, happens for everyone.
  • When I log in with my phone, my flag is correct. So I can verify that the flag will change depending on the IP/login source the game sees. Interestingly, my phone is still with Verizon, it was only my home that switched to Frontier. Ever other site online that sees my location places me in FL, USA other than CC. It's something on CC's side of things, and I'm guessing they need to update their lookup tables still.
  • Do you use VPN? My friend used it and the same thing happened
  • Do you use VPN? My friend used it and the same thing happened

Oh! Thank god! My virus protection just recently got a VPN attachment. Gees, Almost had a heart attack. Thought I got hacked for a sec.
  • VPN to another country
  • DoodleDogDoodleDog Member
    edited December 2019
    This thread is from almost 2 years ago.

@WhimsicalFirefly close plox
This discussion has been closed.