Are packs worth it ?

u know if a pack doesnt contain a 200k item then its not worth opening it you will just lose cubits just wait for them to drop and buy them its much better but if a pack contains valuable items go open them (u will probably still lose so much) but we need people opening packs to buy them right ? :)

Comments

• Well no item is worth a lot when the packs are out, for example uh shades in the summer of 2017 were around 15k, then they rose to 150k now
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    The packs usually cost 1500-2500c so as long as the value of the items in the pack are equal to or more than that, it's worth it. There is no way to know which items will go up in value. If your trying to get a profit of 200k and that is your only reason, then I guess it's not worth it. If you want the deco and other items and enjoy opening them, then it is totally worth it if you can afford some.
  • SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator
    edited December 2019
    Whim is very right :) If your goal if just profit then of course you are better off buying the items individually from players (The only exception for me being this years Easter pack which I made a profit) There is obviously a luck aspect with packs as well.

I like to spend 100k on packs and then save 100k to buy whatever items I didn't get and any cheap items players sell to resell later :) It keeps my cubit balance fairly even.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    I try to put out packs that are worth it just for the blocks that are in them even if you don't manage to get any rares. Ie the rare stuff should always be a bonus. But I think we're going to move away from that in 2020 generally. I'm not sure precisely but it's likely the whole pack structure will change. I know one summer we experimented with lot items (different items every day). We may do that again. Or we may do packs that have some randomness, but no rares, and just put individual special items in the store (like the exotic pets or themed cars) for a short time.
  • HONEY BOMBHONEY BOMB Member
    edited December 2019
    Well 2020 you can bring all 2018 summer items back and put them into one pack , set the price 1.5k you get one of them randomly (The more you spent you may get all stuff). Sure we will get Ocean summer pack at the same time

Oh wait , why not put all 2018 summer items in CC store ? More pack in CC store = More cubit purchases and we don't wait a year to see them back .
  • 'Dragon''Dragon' Member
    edited December 2019

I try to put out packs that are worth it just for the blocks that are in them even if you don't manage to get any rares. Ie the rare stuff should always be a bonus. But I think we're going to move away from that in 2020 generally. I'm not sure precisely but it's likely the whole pack structure will change. I know one summer we experimented with lot items (different items every day). We may do that again. Or we may do packs that have some randomness, but no rares, and just put individual special items in the store (like the exotic pets or themed cars) for a short time.

50-100k items that switch out monthly? ;)
  • 'Dragon' said:

Hell nu ;-;
  • 'Dragon' said:

Hell nu ;-;
    Why not? It would help the game so much.
  • More pack in CC store = More cubit purchases

More permanent packs=More things to buy in CC store
    Why would we need monthly item when we have more stable packs ?

what do you mean by "stable" packs?

More pack in CC store = More cubit purchases

Permanent pack in CC store , bro
  • packs are epic
  • packs are epic

bruh u wasted ur money on packs
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator

packs are epic

bruh u wasted ur money on packs
    Not everyone has the same motivation when it comes to buying packs.
  • It’s way way cheaper to buy the items from other players.

For example: We spent 500-600k on the Halloween packs, but we only spent it on Halloween items from *other players*. We ended up with 20 pyramid heads, 20 skeletal wings, 15 pumpkin umbrellas, 7 web wings, 30 dark traveler pants, 30 dark traveler shirts, and 80 dark traveler heads.

We would of gotten 1-4 skeletal wings, 1-4 pyramid heads, 10 dark traveler sets, 1-4 web wings, and 5-10 pumpkin umbrellas if we would of bought the actual packs.
  • I try to put out packs that are worth it just for the blocks that are in them even if you don't manage to get any rares. Ie the rare stuff should always be a bonus. But I think we're going to move away from that in 2020 generally. I'm not sure precisely but it's likely the whole pack structure will change. I know one summer we experimented with lot items (different items every day). We may do that again. Or we may do packs that have some randomness, but no rares, and just put individual special items in the store (like the exotic pets or themed cars) for a short time.

Frankly, I wasn't a fan of the different items daily. There were some days I couldn't log into the game, so I missed out on some of them, especially since they have never been brought back, which is a shame. We really need that compass to somehow make it into the store permanently.

While I wasn't a fan of the randomness of packs when I first started playing, since there is so little discovery in game, I've grown to like it because it provides a bit of a surprise.

I agree though, I purchase the packs for the blocks / decos (and they have been well worth it since the prices have been kept around 1500 - 2500c). When I get some of the clothes or 'rare' items, they are happy bonuses.

I really am not a fan of purchasing the rares in the store separately from the packs (unless they are a special item that isn't really pack related like the roo and ostrich pets), but if they are in there for a week or a month...longer than a day, I guess I can get behind it.

Also, I want blocks in packs to be standard (always get x number). I really hate the packs where the blocks are random because if I want to build with them...getting 2 one time, and 5 another isn't very helpful to try to get enough to build with them. Decos and other rares are fine being random to some extent.
  • The packs usually cost 1500-2500c so as long as the value of the items in the pack are equal to or more than that, it's worth it. There is no way to know which items will go up in value. If your trying to get a profit of 200k and that is your only reason, then I guess it's not worth it. If you want the deco and other items and enjoy opening them, then it is totally worth it if you can afford some.

I bet this, this is really true lol
  • b3achy said:

Also, I want blocks in packs to be standard (always get x number). I really hate the packs where the blocks are random because if I want to build with them...getting 2 one time, and 5 another isn't very helpful to try to get enough to build with them. Decos and other rares are fine being random to some extent.
    Each pack possible get 10 of each blocks will be great
  • ugh ? i have wasted around 500k+ on packs.. didnt regret it too .. soo fun to open pack
    also.. if there no one gonna open the pack no one will get the rare.. lmao
  • u know if a pack doesnt contain a 200k item then its not worth opening it you will just lose cubits just wait for them to drop and buy them its much better but if a pack contains valuable items go open them (u will probably still lose so much) but we need people opening packs to buy them right ? :)

Erm.. 1st. a new item doesn't get passed worth 75k until the pack is gone..
    2nd. It's sometimes good not to buy packs depending on the amount of c you have,
    But there are two things you can do. A. Buy some packs and hopefully make some profit. Or B. Let most get poor and sell you items for cheap.
    But you could just ignore the packs and do nothing...
  • u know if a pack doesnt contain a 200k item then its not worth opening it you will just lose cubits just wait for them to drop and buy them its much better but if a pack contains valuable items go open them (u will probably still lose so much) but we need people opening packs to buy them right ? :)

2nd. It's sometimes good not to buy packs depending on the amount of c you have,
    But there are two things you can do. A. Buy some packs and hopefully make some profit. Or B. Let most get poor and sell you items for cheap.
    'Dragon' said:

It’s way way cheaper to buy the items from other players.

For example: We spent 500-600k on the Halloween packs, but we only spent it on Halloween items from *other players*. We ended up with 20 pyramid heads, 20 skeletal wings, 15 pumpkin umbrellas, 7 web wings, 30 dark traveler pants, 30 dark traveler shirts, and 80 dark traveler heads.

We would of gotten 1-4 skeletal wings, 1-4 pyramid heads, 10 dark traveler sets, 1-4 web wings, and 5-10 pumpkin umbrellas if we would of bought the actual packs.

B
  • 'Dragon' said:

u know if a pack doesnt contain a 200k item then its not worth opening it you will just lose cubits just wait for them to drop and buy them its much better but if a pack contains valuable items go open them (u will probably still lose so much) but we need people opening packs to buy them right ? :)

'Dragon' said:

It’s way way cheaper to buy the items from other players.

B
    I will try this