Pixel Art Building Contest! (RESULTS OUT!)

Plastic HeartPlastic Heart Member
edited December 2019 in Player Events & Creations

Welcome to the first Pixel Art Building Contest!

You are all invited to participate in this contest!
All you need to do is build a Pixel Art in a room, you will need an info bumper and a food bumper!
Now for Rules & Regulations!
1-You will need a room with an info bumper placed, the room has to be new, it cannot be bought before 11/20/2019.
2-Keep your build appropriate and unique.
3-Only one build per person, if we find anyone using alts, they'll be automatically disqualified...

FAQ!
Q:Wow, okay! but Will, how are you supposed to find our entries!
A: Leave me some Warp cookies that lead to your room on a donation table in iCantiWill's realm.
Q:I have a room, but i bought it before the 20th!
A: That’s ok, you just need to get me or WhimsicalFirefly to bump a guestbook proving the room was empty.
Q:Ok! What do I build though? a flat or vertical pixel art?
A: The pixel art has to be flat! I plan to host a vertical pixel art building contest in the future.
Q:What is the theme?
A: There is no theme! you can build whatever you want but you will need to leave us a description of what we'll be looking at!
Q:WE? How many judges are there?
A: There are 3 judges!
Q:Okay, what about the size of the room?
A: There is no specific size, you can build a pixel art in a 100x100 room! but do keep in a mind, you can't build one in a small room.
Q:OOF! This is fun and all but I'm short on cubits!
A: If you are facing some financial problems, hit me up, I'll be glad to help, I want everyone to participate!
Q:Wow this is exciting! But what are you guys expecting from us?
A: You can visit "Rare Candy - Pixel Art Realm" for any inspirations, BUT if we find a copied pixel art from there, you will be automatically disqualified.
Q:Deal! What’s the deadline?
A: The donation table will be removed on the 20th of December.
Now, Speaking of Prizes:
1st place: BunnyMobile!
2nd place: 20 k
3rd place: 10 k
There will be some consolation prizes as well ;)
Good Luck!

Comments

• seems cool
  • Why can’t we use a older room? I have a couple of empty older rooms I would like to use.
  • HorizonerTiHorizonerTi Member
    edited November 2019
    Party said:

Why can’t we use a older room? I have a couple of empty older rooms I would like to use.

yeah, I agree. And I also think the deadline is very soon, almost too soon.
  • Plastic HeartPlastic Heart Member
    edited November 2019
    Okay, thanks to Whimsical, we found a solution, if you have an empty room bought before the 20th, you will need me/Whimsical to bump a guestbook therefore proving the room was empty.
    Edit: Deadline is now extended to the 16th!
    edited November 2019

Okay, thanks to Whimsical, we found a solution, if you have an empty room bought before the 20th, you will need me/Whimsical to bump a guestbook therefore proving the room was empty.
    Edit: Deadline is now extended to the 16th!

Thanks for your flexibility.
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    If you are using an older room, be sure to find me or icantiwill in game BEFORE you start building. You will have to place a guestbook bumper in your room and have one of us hit it to verify that it started empty. After we hit the bumper you cannot move it because one of us needs to be on there to confirm the age of the build at judging. This is to make sure nobody uses old builds for the contest.
  • I have some very amazing ideas by building a pixel arts But I'm quiet low in c :[
  • I have some very amazing ideas by building a pixel arts But I'm quiet low in c :[

I’ve contacted you privately.
  • HONEY BOMBHONEY BOMB Member
    edited November 2019
    Count me in , but the problem i don't have much c and i need a realm/room and an info bumper

Question:Wheter we can only build cartoon/anime pixel art?
  • Count me in , but the problem i don't have much c and i need a realm/room and an info bumper

Question:Wheter we can only build cartoon/anime pixel art?

I’ve contacted you privately, and yes you can build whatever you want.
  • Willy can we build 2 layers ?
    Willy can we use seasonal deco that look flat ?
  • Willy can we build 2 layers ?
    Willy can we use seasonal deco that look flat ?

2 layers how? Elaborate please.
    You can use any block, we’ll be looking from a platform to see blocks user as colors.
  • No, The build needs to be one level with solid color blocks to keep the concept of pixel art which it a flat picture where each block (pixel) is a solid color.
    edited November 2019

No, The build needs to be one level with solid color blocks to keep the concept of pixel art which it a flat picture where each block (pixel) is a solid color.

are pixel blocks allowed? I'm using them for more variety of color usage.
  • -JZ--JZ- Member
    edited November 2019

No, The build needs to be one level with solid color blocks to keep the concept of pixel art which it a flat picture where each block (pixel) is a solid color.

Can i use blocks like wood blocks, fancy floor, fancy road? Or i need to use pixel blocks and plasters only?
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    -JZ- said:

Can i use blocks like wood blocks, fancy floor, fancy road? Or i need to use pixel blocks and plasters only?
    Any regular mined or crafted blocks can be used. No deco or deco blocks.
  • -JZ- said:

Can we use rainbow blocks ?
  • -JZ- said:

ok thanks!
  • -JZ- said:

Can we use rainbow blocks ?
    Does rainbow block count ? :0
  • I love making pixel art this is ganna be so much fun :D
  • i can't tell if that person in ur pic is hitler or naruto
  • pixel pip said:

I love making pixel art this is ganna be so much fun :D

Glad to see someone excited!
    I will be hosting 2 more pixel art contests after this one ;)
  • I'd also like to participate ! I am a little short on cubits though...
  • Does it have to be one main "object" that you are looking at, or can I make the description as a "colorful world" and make a whole bunch of little pictures in the realm/room?
  • I'd also like to participate ! I am a little short on cubits though...

PM me. Tell me what you need.

Does it have to be one main "object" that you are looking at, or can I make the description as a "colorful world" and make a whole bunch of little pictures in the realm/room?

Elaborate please.
    edited November 2019
    example 1 : A giant picture of a lego figure (1 "object")
    example 2: many varieties of flowers (multiple "objects")
    Are both ways allowed? Or does it have to be based on one "object," one vocal point?
  • Are we allowed to place a portal to the ground ? (Pixel art above)
    I mean a portal allow you go down to explore (Becuz we are on viewing platform)