second or multiple accounts

larwinlarwin Member
edited November 2019 in Help Requests
i couldn't find an exact answer in the rules. but to play on another account do i need to register a different email. also can i close an account to start a new one? aka starting over. i don't know how strict the policy on second or multiple accounts are.

Comments

• how come no one answers?
  • 2-3 Alts are allowed but shouldn't create a lot .
    I couldn't answer your other questions , contact support .
  • 'Dragon''Dragon' Member
    edited November 2019
    I’ve never seen a rule on the amount of accounts you can have ingame. Actually, Cosmic had to go through my accounts before way back and he noticed I had hundreds, before but he didn’t say there was anything wrong with it. Maybe there is a rule I haven’t seen though. You can also put as many accounts as you want on one email. There’s hundreds on my main email.

Although, you aren’t allowed to have multiple forums account. That’s been the rule in the past anyways.

You can request an account ban through support as well if you want to start over.
  • It seems like now you are restricted to starting about 6-7 accounts per device you use. However, it doesn't prohibit you from starting an account on a secondary device (like a second laptop, tablet, or mobile), and then accessing that account from your primary device. (Though if you type in the wrong password, it will give you an error that you have too many accounts...just try again with the correct password).

The biggest restriction on multiple accounts is if you are using an alternate account to get around a ban (temporary or permanent). That's not supposed to be allowed, though there are ways around that too, so you will find some perma-banned players in the game under their alts. If it was a temporary ban and they continue to be disruptive in game via an alt, they sometimes will be elevated to a permaban depending on the infraction.

You can use the same email for multiple accounts; however, when they provide something special (like the postal hats) to players, they will only provide one per email.
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    edited November 2019
    As long as you do not avoid a punishment (mute, ban, warning) it's all good.
    Have as many alternates as you can make. Abuse the system, as some have done (was mentioned above) , and make thousands. Just stay out of trouble and you can access them all without anything to worry about.
  • thanks guys, seems as long as im keeping the rules multiple accounts are fine. Just be a good boy. So to speak. :)
  • is there a way to add alts to friends or trusted level to your main account or is that allowed?
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    edited November 2019
    larwin said:

is there a way to add alts to friends or trusted level to your main account or is that allowed?

You need a secondary device for trusting an alternate. Go in the realm with both accounts and trust the guy like any other player.
    For friends it's all good. Just friend your alternate like any other player, and log into that alternate account to accept. easy.
    Their policy is relaxed on alternates.. as long as you don't break the rules that apply to any account, alternate or main, you're good.
    I wonder why some things have policies to relaxed while some other stuff policies are put to the wall and literally killed. Probably because there are no young kids ready to yell at devs for alternates-related stuff, unlike when speaking about rare items' prices.. Thanks, all.
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    edited November 2019
    If you use the steam version, you can open two windows of the game on the same device to trust your alts.

Many sandbox MMO games have a relaxed policy for alts because you may have two people in the same household using the same device or IP to play the game and it is sort of pain to try to track / verify that alts actually belong to different people. Just about every sandbox MMO I've played over the past decade has no issue with alts if you aren't using them to abuse the system. I like to try different playing styles with my alts.
  • larwin said:

is there a way to add alts to friends or trusted level to your main account or is that allowed?

You can just friend all of your alts, make sure nobody else is friended, and then open realm to friends if you want. You can also using two devices, as mentioned above. Also, you can even friend yourself. Go into friends, click search for a player, and enter your username.
  • 'Dragon''Dragon' Member
    edited November 2019
    Just live on the edge and set it to anyone can access the setup, then trust yourself with the second account, and change it back to trusted only. ;)
  • Put yourself in offline mode, and put only friends can enter the realm first ^