edited November 2019 in General Chat

Comments

• Idk how that witch is winning tbh, unless its pixel and overall its look pretty simple
  • It’s just 50k. There’s no reason to complain about it.
  • 'Dragon' said:

It’s just 50k. There’s no reason to complain about it.

50k is alot xD someone else deserves to get that
  • edited October 2019
    The amount you win is based on your placement in the contest, that build got 5th place, so 50k, it’s not based on behavior or whatever, and no need to complain about losing
  • edited October 2019
    yap the fifth place looks simple, but it's far better than the second pic you show lol, if you found one better than the fifth place to show then you can complain it.
  • don't complain because builds is not just about pixels

we can build using basic blocks like the old days in building contests
  • Ms.kawai mopMs.kawai mop Member
    edited October 2019
    Check these first , i ain't complain , just giving opinions .

https://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/16849/cubic-halloween-town-2017-results

https://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/10169/valentine-festival-building-contest-results

https://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/8625/christmas-town-building-contest-results

https://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/7407/cubic-halloween-town-building-contest-results

Horus judge was perfect , he one solo judge can beat moderators team , i want him back , his judge and art taste totally great and he can totally be competant for judge this kind of thing. If can't , why not ask for help from Great builders that we have in CC ? Like greycoralking , valyreena this one . Their builds you must have seen one at least and they're good at build at art taste , why not ask them to judge . They're totally trustful players .

Come compare these

Which was better? If i can make a poll in my comment i'll make it
    then.Definitely second one.
    Or,maybe you could add differ category like top 5 large builds , top 5 pixel builds , top 5 simple builds or any else just don't mix the bad one in results , we need only the good one . Multy categories are good so people even you don't win the main one still have side-category to win

Again , i ain't complain about results or wanted to be rude .
  • Sounds to me like your complaining, ok, you lost, just move on, maybe your build was “better”, but it’s over now.
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I hope you can understand that Horus is no longer part of the CC team and is not available to judge contest. I have been told that even when he judged these events there were complaints about his choices. Letting the community vote failed because people cheated so we had to go back to a mod panel for judging. I understand you disagree with one of our five winners but since judging a creative event is subjective there is no way to make everyone happy. You don't have to agree with the choices but please don't fuel the negativity with posts and polls that will not change the outcome of the event. If you would like to suggest a new way of voting for future events, feel free to do that, we might take some into consideration if there is another building event. But I hope you can do that in a positive way with respect for the judges and winners of past events.
  • Mods And Admin Already try their best to do an event.. Now you complain.. Stop Being Selfish..Just accept the fate.. Even if i lose. i dont care.. cause its normal to me.. you lost nothing and you got nothing..

Atleast you get free piggy when the realm reopen
    I joined The Building Contest Cause the free piggy..
  • Ms.kawai mopMs.kawai mop Member
    edited October 2019
    I already mentioned i ain't complain or selfish or what ....
    I just helping to judge , i don't even join any building contests....

But

Why not we try ask for help from great builders as their builds nice so their art taste are good too . Like we used Sci-fi contest to test community vote , maybe next building contest they can help

Second , multi categories for building contest can be easier to sort entries why not try it next time
  • multi categories for building contest can be easier to sort entries why not try it next time

cuz no
    it's too complicated and if u really hate the judging that much why don't u make ur own building contest?
  • Even if there was a few better builds, it doesn’t matter. That’s just your personal opinions. The judges are real people with real opinions as well. Stop complaining, it’s not like complaining will change their personal opinions.
  • It really just comes down to opinions. I feel like this event went off pretty smooth and I hope to see more again.
  • did you saw my build?
    i didn't complain because this event is fun
    we made this for fun not just for moneyyyy
  • Check these first , i ain't complain , just giving opinions .

https://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/16849/cubic-halloween-town-2017-results

https://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/10169/valentine-festival-building-contest-results

https://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/8625/christmas-town-building-contest-results

https://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/7407/cubic-halloween-town-building-contest-results

Horus judge was perfect , he one solo judge can beat moderators team , i want him back , his judge and art taste totally great and he can totally be competant for judge this kind of thing. If can't , why not ask for help from Great builders that we have in CC ? Like greycoralking , valyreena this one . Their builds you must have seen one at least and they're good at build at art taste , why not ask them to judge . They're totally trustful players .

Come compare these

Or,maybe you could add differ category like top 5 large builds , top 5 pixel builds , top 5 simple builds or any else just don't mix the bad one in results , we need only the good one . Multy categories are good so people even you don't win the main one still have side-category to win

I have to laugh when people praise Horus without knowing what happened back then. Back when Horus was around, the forums was a literal war zone. I was there. Every month or two there would be these huge fights between Horus and Cortana, and the players (sometimes Gollum but that’s another story). When I say huge, I mean that someone would make a thread complaining, and most of the forums would go in that thread insulting Horus and Cortana for being terrible mods/admins. Horus and Cortana would fight back, which fueled the argument.

Then of course after every single official event there would be multiple people saying Horus and Cortana just picked their friends to win. (There friends did win a lot, but some of them did deserve it). So after every official event the forums would complain about them being bias. Way way way way more then currently.

So let me just say, if you are going to praise Horus for doing everything right, you are insane. Don’t get me wrong, he was a very good guy, and I personally think he was decent at making events. But when Horus was around it made some of the biggest fights I’ve ever seen in Cubic Castles by far. I don’t mean player fights. These fights literally included admins (Horus) and moderators (Cortana/Gollum) who fueled the fights. It wasn’t a good time period. Some of those mods even ended up removed.

Trust me, Space, Whimsical, Grace, and all the other moderators are so amazing. This is the best built team I’ve seen in Cubic castles in a very long time. When I say a long time, I mean since late 2014, early-mid 2015. You guys need to understand how much they do for the game, and respect it. Think about if we didn’t have them. Four events for one holiday? No. Maybe one at most.

Understand that most of them aren’t paid for doing this (Space is an exception but he does hours and hours of work). They take time out of their daily lives to improve the game. The multiple hours of judging they did to try to pick a solid top 5? Yes, that’s time they took out of their lives to improve the game. They could of went and worked to get money, or they could of done something that is important to them in real life. But nope, here they are improving the game for the better. Cut them some slack. Once again, it’s their personal opinions on which builds they thought where the best.
  • 'Dragon' said:

Come compare these

I have to laugh when people praise Horus without knowing what happened back then. Back when Horus was around, the forums was a literal war zone. I was there. Every month or two there would be these huge fights between Horus and Cortana, and the players (sometimes Gollum but that’s another story). When I say huge, I mean that someone would make a thread complaining, and most of the forums would go in that thread insulting Horus and Cortana for being terrible mods/admins. Horus and Cortana would fight back, which fueled the argument.

Then of course after every single official event there would be multiple people saying Horus and Cortana just picked their friends to win. (There friends did win a lot, but some of them did deserve it). So after every official event the forums would complain about them being bias. Way way way way more then currently.

So let me just say, if you are going to praise Horus for doing everything right, you are insane. Don’t get me wrong, he was a very good guy, and I personally think he was decent at making events. But when Horus was around it made some of the biggest fights I’ve ever seen in Cubic Castles by far. I don’t mean player fights. These fights literally included admins (Horus) and moderators (Cortana/Gollum) who fueled the fights. It wasn’t a good time period. Some of those mods even ended up removed.

Trust me, Space, Whimsical, Grace, and all the other moderators are so amazing. This is the best built team I’ve seen in Cubic castles in a very long time. When I say a long time, I mean since late 2014, early-mid 2015. You guys need to understand how much they do for the game, and respect it. Think about if we didn’t have them. Four events for one holiday? No. Maybe one at most.

Understand that most of them aren’t paid for doing this (Space is an exception but he does hours and hours of work). They take time out of their daily lives to improve the game. The multiple hours of judging they did to try to pick a solid top 5? Yes, that’s time they took out of their lives to improve the game. They could of went and worked to get money, or they could of done something that is important to them in real life. But nope, here they are improving the game for the better. Cut them some slack. Once again, it’s their personal opinions on which builds they thought where the best.
    Sid's crying in one corner for forgetting him
  • 'Dragon' said:

Come compare these

lol.
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

Angel and Scorto maybe but Siddd asked to be put on the unavailable list so I'm sure he won't mind being left off ;)
  • Sid's crying in one corner for forgetting him

Angel and Scorto maybe but Siddd asked to be put on the unavailable list so I'm sure he won't mind being left off ;)
    Lol but he has been contributing to the community this halloween :v
  • Chillax, there are more building contests in the future. For sure these contests aren’t gonna stop unless you all keep complaining who wins.
  • 'Dragon''Dragon' Member
    edited October 2019

Chillax, there are more building contests in the future. For sure these contests aren’t gonna stop unless you all keep complaining who wins.

It took me a moment to read that comment right.

• I don't know, in my opinion, the 5th is like, "A singer that used Auto Tuned and wins Artist of the year rather than the real Singer With a real voice didn't win at all". this is why adults and teens are leaving Cubic Castle and replaced by kids who knew kids things that make the Best Game Ever Cubic Castle i knew to Worst than the Worst. Other old Player's will Understand this so don;t react if your new. That' all my opinion.
  • imagine.. if pro builder keep entering the event.. what about those who bad at building ?
    they cant ever win.. now just accept its...

you didnt like those event ? then dont join.
  • HONEY BOMBHONEY BOMB Member
    edited November 2019
    Lopaiko said:

imagine.. if pro builder keep entering the event.. what about those who bad at building ?
    they cant ever win.. now just accept its...

Pai you're a bit wrong , people who skilled/talented are begin from newbies .They're human too , they're not prodigies that who don't need to practice . Even prodigies need to practice as well . You know algebra when you just started learning math ? Nah lol don't tell me you learn algebra first then numbers .

What the propose of Building contest ? It's build to inspire . Pro builders who learnt hard , their build will shows .

For who bad at building , why not just accept that your build not good then learn from others ?

For your last words , no matter how much are the prizes , contest is a chance to show your talent , prizes are just minor things . People can join anyway whatever