The reason I havnt been playing Cubic Castles

AnguishireAnguishire Member
edited November 2019 in General Chat
Iv been asked this question quite a bit, so decided to answer it here. Before I actually explain, I just want to make clear that I am by no means hating on the game, infact, I absolutely adore it - definitely nothing like the other games Iv played.

Now, incase you didn't know, I love building. This is true in any game if I have the ability to place down or move blocks around. Cubic Castles is definitely no exception - It may look simple, but building in this game is truly amazing. The problem with me, however, is that I really dislike trading - I just don't know how to make profit, cant keep track with prices and, quite frankly, people are a little annoying to deal with sometimes... I'm sure some of you can relate :P. When I first started building, there was a strong balance between blocks and clothing. In other words, you had people who liked building, and also people who liked buying and selling. Now, in 2019 anyway, that balance simply no longer exists... there are far more clothes than there are blocks. This made players gravitate more towards buying, selling and making profit and less towards building. For those of you who don't see it, building will Always be worth more than clothes. Don't try convincing me that 1 clothing item can be worth more than a 99x99 realm built by an experienced player. Regardless of how expensive that clothing item is, its simply not true even if the builder used cheap or common blocks. The price all comes from the style. Why do you think swords are far more expensive than raw iron? They're both iron, aren't they? How often do you see professional builders spam their builds with just mosaic and nothing else? They don't care how expensive mosaic is... does it look good? Use it! Otherwise don't. My point is, builds are no longer appreciated.

Il give an example to try to clear things up. When I finally finished my storage I decided to hollawarp to show people what iv built. The first person that comes in completely ignores the build and asks if I'm selling a Headlessness. This sort of thing happened before when I holla'd after finishing other builds, but it seriously annoyed me this time because that storage took nearly 3 whole months to complete only to get ignored at the end. A lot of you might think I'm being childish or taking it personal... honestly speaking, most of you wont understand this feeling because, lets be fair here, barely any of you build. And its not like it was just that first person who asked for the Headlessless, nah man... almost everyone who joined afterwards did the same. Don't believe what I'm saying? Let me ask you this, how often are the hollas NOT talking about buying and selling? How often do you see someone holla'ing for people to come see a build they just completed? Current updates aren't helping either. All updates add new clothes and little to no blocks. And I don't mean decos or seasonal blocks like the gingerbread block for example... but blocks you can actually craft.

Once again, I am NOT hating on the game at all and will definitely come back to it at some point... simply not happy with its current state.

Edit for Eagence - Im not quitting Cubic Castles, stop making claims that I am. Clearly you cant read, because I said I will be coming back.

Comments

• Bruh i’ve made a lot of extremely hard parkours and almost nobody tried to beat it, can relate, you work hard, spend so much time on something just to be ignored by everyone. Basically stopped caring about my work and forgot it existed. I sometimes come online to see how people are doing or spend time epicly.
  • I have to agree honestly, even if i only care about business.
  • I too, have too agree with the whole, "people not giving a dang about builds".
    I am almost done with my mall, and people don't care as long as they get too buy stuff so .-.
  • Ang, your realms are all amazing, but I get why you're saying this, I hope you come back some day.
  • Well I can feel yah! After making my meuseum!
  • woodcakewoodcake Member
    edited November 2019
    I can relate, me and CubeyGuys built a whole realm with 6 or 5 floors together /name is redboat/ and we hardly get any visitors. The game really has changed since 2014. You should try LittleBigPlanet, it is kind of dying but builds are noticed much more than clothes.
  • JuniperJuniper Member
    edited November 2019
    CoMmEnT ReMoVeD bY mE
  • that's the reason I don't like any clothing itens.

• Clothing can be sell or buy for cubits , but your build never .
  • this is my controversial comment :p

>:O

How dare you. Skull needs a perma ban now :(
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    I'm open to ideas that would help players in this regard. There are a lot of great builds but it does seem that unless there is a contest or someone is providing prizes or some benefit for visiting the build a lot of players are not interested in exploring.

I thought for a while that maybe we could provide some kind of xp/player quest trophies or something along those lines. The real problem there is that, like anything in cubic, people immediately look for exploits and cheats. So someone would just use an alt to build a trivial parkour or something and then use that to level up their main character etc.. It's difficult to come up with a system that is foolproof in this regard. Maybe there are other ways I didn't think of. I'm open to ideas.
  • HONEY BOMBHONEY BOMB Member
    edited November 2019

I'm open to ideas that would help players in this regard. There are a lot of great builds but it does seem that unless there is a contest or someone is providing prizes or some benefit for visiting the build a lot of players are not interested in exploring.

I thought for a while that maybe we could provide some kind of xp/player quest trophies or something along those lines. The real problem there is that, like anything in cubic, people immediately look for exploits and cheats. So someone would just use an alt to build a trivial parkour or something and then use that to level up their main character etc.. It's difficult to come up with a system that is foolproof in this regard. Maybe there are other ways I didn't think of. I'm open to ideas.

We have best realm contest , but maybe can add a realm that list all the winners's entries . You really musn't provide xp for exploring the best realms .
    I know we already got SK museum but that's for your personal favorites , but the realm only contains best realm contest winners's entries .
  • AnguishireAnguishire Member
    edited November 2019

First of all I'd like to thank you for spending some of your time to read this, it really means a lot :D. I definitely agree with what you're saying, if there is no benefit then why go? Its seriously silly. The quest idea actually sounds rather neat, but the problem I see straight away is that once all of those quests are completed, unless they got inspired to build in the process, players are going to return to buying and selling. They might even look at the quest system as a "break from work". Like how people in real life might go take a walk in the park to clear their head and nothing more... maybe I'm overthinking.

I'm probably going to sound bias, but I feel like adding more blocks would be a nice and simple solution. Players shifted more towards business when they found out how common clothes have become... maybe the opposite can happen? It's not as guaranteed - another much harder problem to get around is the fact that, if you're really into building, you will rarely make more net profit as you would if you were an equally experienced merchant. Of course, people dont like the sound of that and will do anything to protect their precious and... quite meaningless cubits. Honestly though, people make such a big deal of having 200 or 500k. I mean, congratulations of course, but I'd rather give my attention to a player who Spent 200 or 500k buying resources to build with.

Iv heard a lot mention that adding more levels would be a great solution. I'm all for it, but it definitely wont help this case because a lot of the game's rich players are low level (25-45). It only ever increases when they, for some reason I dont quite understand, decide to build 20 shops. WhimsicalFirefly has also mentioned a few promising ideas ingame in hopes of making builds more appreciated and I really hope it leads to something. Once again, thank you so much for reading this and I do apologize if I went off topic a few times.

• PlatinumAuPlatinumAu Member
    edited November 2019

Changed post @Anguishire
  • AnguishireAnguishire Member
    edited November 2019

Changed post @Anguishire
    Cheers man.

• Here's an idea, Best Builds Pack
    Every month everyone would enter their builds, and the best 10 or so of every contest would be put in a pack. The pack would either be free or some price, and a collection of new builds would be in the c store every month. There would be something to look for in every realm, like a password or so, that requires you to look around a bit for it. You would get xp or smth from that. This would be a good way for people's builds and talent to be recognized, and the builders would have something to work on.