New Mining Bug?

I can usually reach the next block when I am mining horizontally but today I got this 'can't reach'. I can't reach the block right next to me in the row (see pic).

BTW: I got zero kew bits at all while mining 2500 sand in this mine just now.

Comments

• 'Dragon''Dragon' Member
    edited November 2019
    It should be fixed on the beta version if you are able to switch. Kewberth said there was issues with the z-axis in some occasions.
  • 'Dragon' said:

It should be fixed on the beta version if you are able to switch. Kewberth said there was issues with the z-axis in some occasions.

No big deal cuz it only happened that 1 time and did not repeat so...
  • It also happens to mine, When I'm trying to remove my pinkster, All I did is keep reliving in my realm so it will removed or not using it...
  • It happened again in a Desert mine while mining mud in an oasis. I mine 1 block and if I stay where it kicks me back to, I can't reach the next block. I have to move close to it to reach it.

If this matters, I play on PC and have the attractor perk off.
  • edited November 2019
    I've tested this out on BETA... still occurs. Sometimes I can't even mine a block that's right above me...
  • I've tested this out on BETA... still occurs. Sometimes I can't even mine a block that's right above me...

@SirKewberth
  • yeah something is going on, there were several times yesterday where it took me 7 times at least to put down my reg and I was trying all around me.
  • yeah something is going on, there were several times yesterday where it took me 7 times at least to put down my reg and I was trying all around me.

This is from just now and I even tried all the blocks in the red box with no luck. :)
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    I'm having trouble reproducing this problem. If anyone knows a way to make it happen every single time or consistently let me know.
    edited November 2019

I'm having trouble reproducing this problem. If anyone knows a way to make it happen every single time or consistently let me know.

It’s happens on the very bottom of realms the most for me. On the Grey layer.

It also happens with removing cars a lot.
  • also happened to me, I cant mine the marble next to me, I need to remove all the dirt and sand around it first
  • I was trying to mine a Fossil in water only 3 deep and I could only mine the water if I sank to the bottom. If I tried to mine when I was on the top of the water, it said " can't reach". This happened twice as seen by the fossil in my inventory and the new one still in the mine.

This is only since today and after this update. Yesterday I mined several fossils etc with no problems. Well, 1 problem is that I myself and several others had noticed that spawn rates for art is way less since cc changed the Halloween event way bits drop. WAY less frequency of seeing art than before the event started. Before the event I found approx 10 art per hour & now only 3 per hour.

• Intimate said:

I was trying to mine a Fossil in water only 3 deep and I could only mine the water if I sank to the bottom. If I tried to mine when I was on the top of the water, it said " can't reach". This happened twice as seen by the fossil in my inventory and the new one still in the mine.

This is only since today and after this update. Yesterday I mined several fossils etc with no problems. Well, 1 problem is that I myself and several others had noticed that spawn rates for art is way less since cc changed the Halloween event way bits drop. WAY less frequency of seeing art than before the event started. Before the event I found approx 10 art per hour & now only 3 per hour.

I can check if the spawn rates are any different. There used to be 2 arts in every mine. Once I get home, I’ll check to see if two are still spawning. I haven’t looked at the arts specifically since a month before Halloween honestly.
  • There’s still two spawning in mines @Intimate . I just checked.
  • 'Dragon' said:

There’s still two spawning in mines @Intimate . I just checked.

The spawn rate is not how many spawn at a time. I mean, I used to find 10 per hour in tropical mines & now for the same hour, I can only find 3. I am not the only one who has noticed it is harder to find art in the water. 12 + ppl told me the same thing. These are people I have taught how to find em and now they say it is like 3 -10 times harder to find them.

The rate change I mention is from almost 2 years of looking for art for at least 1 hour a day. So you don't have to do the math, that is like 6,000 art I found in the 20 months I have played. This is not even counting the ones I holla about and just let ppl have to let noobs learn.

IMO, this will never get changed back. I will ad it to my list.
    edited November 2019
    Intimate said:

'Dragon' said:

There’s still two spawning in mines @Intimate . I just checked.

The spawn rate is not how many spawn at a time. I mean, I used to find 10 per hour in tropical mines & now for the same hour, I can only find 3. I am not the only one who has noticed it is harder to find art in the water. 12 + ppl told me the same thing. These are people I have taught how to find em and now they say it is like 3 -10 times harder to find them.

The rate change I mention is from almost 2 years of looking for art for at least 1 hour a day. So you don't have to do the math, that is like 6,000 art I found in the 20 months I have played. This is not even counting the ones I holla about and just let ppl have to let noobs learn.

IMO, this will never get changed back. I will ad it to my list.
    The spawn rate is how many spawn at a time.. The same amount is spawning in every single mine as before Halloween. I have checked a lot mines. Unless they changed it so they don’t spawn in water as much. Which is highly unlikely.