A Poll..

2»

Comments

• I don’t really care whether y’all come back or not
  • Sir. PixelSir. Pixel EnglandMember
    Imagine losing a plot full of items
  • Yo dont Diss him he's Coool now ik what happened
  • edited October 2019
    lol i dont even know what happened. it was probs pre-mytime... but still, if you got banned, PERM banned, i still think it was a big thing and you did something wrong so you should be punished. It's kinda like saying "you were bad but here you can have a second chance even tho u did something really wrong, no repercussions"
    thats just my opinion and all, but can someone fill me in to what happened
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Losing players is not good for us. The whole situation is bad. I'd rather people just followed the rules and didn't have to be banned ever.

For us it's more a general question of... should a player be let back on in some cases and if so what cases? It starts to get pretty difficult to say.. ok you can come back.. but not you.. because of x,y,z. There's an issue of fairness, as well as encouraging people to break the rules.

If players get the idea... well I'll exploit this because, in the end it won't be so bad if I'm caught... that has the potential to create a lot of issues.

As well we're not the primary victims of people hacking the game, scamming etc.. whatever someone might get banned for. The people who generally get hurt are other players. So bans are there to protect them. Is it right for us to say... Ok you can come back because it's good for US the developers even though you hurt these other players?

So I do wish I didn't have to ban, but the decision not to ban or to unban is not a simple one.

With regards to cheats/exploits in general. There are so many ways to tweak a game that we really need to pick and choose what we do carefully. Every time we add an extra layer to protect against an exploit it leads to bugs/stability issues as well. So this is not just a simple case of.. Oh hey I found out I can do X. And we just immediately add a workaround. Also the time we spend adding workarounds/protections has to come out of the time we spend adding features/fixing things etc... We need to strike some balance.
  • buuuTt, special exceptions -winkwink-
  • Cat amp s said:

buuuTt, special exceptions -winkwink-

Thanks for the support cat, I think.
  • DoodleDogDoodleDog Member
    edited October 2019

As well we're not the primary victims of people hacking the game, scamming etc.. whatever someone might get banned for. The people who generally get hurt are other players. So bans are there to protect them. Is it right for us to say... Ok you can come back because it's good for US the developers even though you hurt these other players?

In this case, in my opinion, no player or not many players have been harmed by this whole hacking stories. Most of Pious' insane trades could be undone and the economy has been stabilised more or less since then.

Then again, I'll take Eagence as an example. Eagence was really someone who did do harm to the community. His behaviour is not a comparison to what V and Lib have done.

For us it's more a general question of... should a player be let back on in some cases and if so what cases? It starts to get pretty difficult to say.. ok you can come back.. but not you.. because of x,y,z. There's an issue of fairness, as well as encouraging people to break the rules.

This is true, though.
  • I just want to say, this might be the first time such a controversial subject hasn’t started a huge fight on the forums. Thank you everyone for being so respectful. :)
  • Dr. NeroDr. Nero Member
    edited October 2019

lol i dont even know what happened. it was probs pre-mytime... but still, if you got banned, PERM banned, i still think it was a big thing and you did something wrong so you should be punished. It's kinda like saying "you were bad but here you can have a second chance even tho u did something really wrong, no repercussions"

I was once Permanently Banned for scamming a Pumpkin pet and a black cat, but actually it wasn't me, it was my little brother with my account. I had no idea why I was permanently banned so i contacted the game support and i asked them what did i do wrong and they told me the reason for banning me. So i apologized for everything and i asked for another chance.
    After that Mabz gave me 24h to find them. I had no other way but to seatch for them and return them back, if not then i probably woldn't be able to play again.

If you repent for what you did then i think we all need a second chance.
    Also.. a second chance doesn't mean anything if you didn't learn from your first.
  • Mr. Nero said:

I was once Permanently Banned for scamming a Pumpkin pet and a black cat, but actually it wasn't me, it was my little brother with my account. I had no idea why I was permanently banned so i contacted the game support and i asked them what did i do wrong and they told me the reason for banning me. So i apologized for everything and i asked for another chance.
    After that Mabz gave me 24h to find them. I had no other way but to seatch for them and return them back, if not then i probably woldn't be able to play again.

Also.. a second chance doesn't mean anything if you didn't learn from your first.
    well said...
  • Mr. Nero said:

I’ve definitely learned from my first. If I where to be unbanned, I would be an idiot if I even thought about cheating.
  • Maybe Sir can give you guys a job such as Bug catcher or else , but firstly not to tell people that you guys are back
  • or do community service, like being the ones mining for noobs or helping low level people while keep an eye on them 24/7? maybe?
  • is awesome saucer stupid 0-0
  • Ik how you are Dragon :3

And sure Liberated isn't a bad guy either

You've done quite a lot to this community, but people suck and forgot. So go grab that second chance buddies!
  • Liberate Liberated! and Dragon! Sorry only going for the pun, but i do think you deserve a second chanse
  • Bump! :)
  • Why should we give you guys a second chance. You all knew the rules and what the punishment would be. Show we give all the people who stole accounts and scammed people their accounts back?
  • Da Farmer said:

Why should we give you guys a second chance. You all knew the rules and what the punishment would be. Show we give all the people who stole accounts and scammed people their accounts back?

We have never stolen any accounts, and we have never scammed anyone.

But, I get the point.
  • Bump, I’m not giving up.
  • never gonna give you up
    never gonna let you down
  • It’s been 205 days and I haven’t given up. I won’t be giving up any time soon.
  • I think it is solely the choice of the administrators. I think so because the community cannot judge the gravity of the offense itself, but it depends on the developers and their opinions about whether or not to ban persons x and y. Okay, in some cases like Eagnce or LateCom we can easily sense the gravity of their offenses, but this will make it a little harder for the community to judge whether or not the offenders will be punished for what I understand in this moment, what V and Liberated did was more of a hack. Now, I say it will be harder for the community because of individuals like me who didn't know what even happened at the time of the hack, what caused the offenders to be banned et cetera. From my point of view, both V and Liberated seem like fine lads and that their acts haven't severely damaged the game or have even affected the game in any way unlike what certain cough Qbees did. On the other hand, some things shouldn't have been done. I do not really understand what was the point of the hack, to get cubits? To see if it's possible to hack your cubit balance and try to prevent it? Even if your intentions were good, you should not have done it on your own volition, but should have previously consulted with SirK on what you will do and to prevent your own bans. Since, I suppose, you did not consult with the administrators, they felt that the gravity of your offense was heavy enough to obtain a permanent ban.
  • Bump! 206/207 days now.
  • AzsimuthAzsimuth Member
    edited November 2019
    1.Dragon is a cool person
    2.Liberated is a cool person
    3.Everyone is a cool person
    4. Free them