The Community Shop is now Whim's Community Market!

WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
edited October 2019 in General Chat
I'm trying to decide if I should reopen The Community Shop. What do you think? Is there still a need for it with all the new rental shops that opened after I closed? I would like to hear your opinion before I decide what I'm going to do.

Comments

• Go ahead whim and if you need help I’m here!
  • OrenjiOrenji Member
    edited October 2019
    Oh yes please! I want it to re-open.
  • I would like to see that shop re-opened if you need help Nh Staff would be glad to help you with anything :P
  • Yes please :v
  • I know it was a lot of work for you to try to do essentially alone...hopefully if you do re-open it, you'll be able to recruit accountable, trustworthy, and reliable helpers, so it's not all on your shoulders.
  • Make a shop with your items in it but put sections for people to rent.
  • re opeennn
  • Only if you want to
  • I'd like to see it re-open as well.
    But, I have a suggestion.

Since WhimsicalFirefly had to do most of the job in the shop by herself (set up prices, deal with players that are inactive and so on) because SuperXtreme was unavailable, perhaps getting assistance from her very close and trustworthy friends or preferably other moderators would be good.

WhimsicalFirefly also said that she didn't really ever profit from the shop what so ever since she had to spend those cubits on hollas and sometimes even used the cubits from her own budget to keep the shop running and lively. Therefore, my suggestion would be to make weekly plots for 500c. Now, this could be a potential problem to her since now she would have to take care of the items and weekly maintainance. This is where my suggestion above comes in.
    perhaps getting assistance from her very close and trustworthy friends or preferably other moderators would be good.
    Besides plot income I think SirK could have interfered here and could have helped Whim in some kind of an adiversment or cubit supply. Perhaps even made it an official realm?

The pros from this way of work at the Community Shop is that:
    (1) more income
    (2) bigger player flow *

The cons:
    (1) higher maintainance
    (2) Whimsical would be left with little to almost no free time for other things in game

Another problem would be that when the time runs out on the plot, and the owner forgets about it or the owner can't get in game because of their real life duties and obligations, the plots wouldn't be freed up and the whole place would soon be jammed, overcrowded.

Few of these problems could be fixed with adding a few more features and additions to the overall rental system such as being able to see the owner of the plot, or the automatic transfer of all blocks on the rental in to the players' inventories after their time has run out or even being able to set prices on your vends by yourself and not by the rental supplier.

I also remember SirKewberth talking about a Community Market realm that could potentially be added together with the Overworld update, but we will have to wait and see.

I know this suggestion might be down rated by a majority of players but please do think about Whimsical. She is the one who leads the place and the one who made it possible for a lot of players to recieve some income without your own investment(except the plot). She is the one who invests her time and money to keep the place alive and running for a big number of players in the game.
  • Yes open again pls
  • I agree with to work in community shop hard and need time but as you see people make profits you will be better and think about you want to do thats to see people happy for make profit so whim as I said go ahead and open the community shop again
    Because NH Rent Market full with people and people still need plots so I think that will help to make other players get plot.
    Also if you need help in anything I will help you.
    Thank you.
    -Nisaw
  • 100% we need to re open it!
  • I think you should re-open. It was a hotspot for mods and a place for people to come when in doubt. And of course! To sell stuff! :) I think you should re-open.
  • You closed it because it was too much to run, if you reopen it the same thing will happen down the road.
  • Maybe if the developers would actually fix vending machines on plots..
  • 'Dragon' said:

Maybe if the developers would actually fix vending machines on plots..

Y/E/S
  • If your willing to do it, go ahead! (I will re-buy my plot, you don't have to give it back to me)
  • I'm trying to decide if I should reopen The Community Shop. What do you think? Is there still a need for it with all the new rental shops that opened after I closed? I would like to hear your opinion before I decide what I'm going to do.

If you do try some new things out also.
  • 'Dragon' said:

+1
  • 'Dragon' said:

Dammit I'm still being triggered about this.
    @SirKewberth

Also I would be really happy if the Community Shop reopened. I had a great time there. Although if you think it will be too much for you you should not reopen it.
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Thanks everyone for your input. I didn't want to go through the effort if the community didn't care. You all gave me some things to think about and consider. I appreciate that everyone is concerned about my time and stress level. I hope I can do things a bit differently this time to help it run smoother. I do miss the activity and fun that the shop brought to me and many others that spent time in there. Plus it was a good central shopping area for sellers and buyers which brought the community together. Super had a great idea when he created The Community Shop, I wish he had been able to be online more to enjoy what his shop grew into.

As far as the devs go, this is simply a player created and run shop. It is not sponsored or an official realm. The financing of the shop could be covered if more plot owners and frequent shoppers contributed to the holla piggy. I had a players that donated and some that did regular hollas (which I greatly appreciated!) but that piggy stayed pretty thin most of the time. This is a community shop so maybe the community that uses it, sellers and buyers, could help keep it going. I'm not sure why the rentals were set up so vends can only be set by people with full permission, there may have been a reason they set it up that way. It would be great if they were changed so that plot owners could set their own vends. Until that happens, I am looking at getting some trusted help. I've have many offers and hope to find someone that I can depend on to accurately set them and help keep things going when I get busy.

Thanks again for your input, feel free to comment more and offer suggestions but it looks to me like it's worth reopening! Once I get everything set up and find my helper, I will let you all know it's up and ready for vends.
  • Thanks Whim! Glad you are considering reopening and also doing it in a way that is a bit less stressful on you.

Also...I'd like to see more linked portals to the other (new) rental shops and shops that are regularly maintained.

I know my shop was more active because it had a linked portal, and I got quite a bit of traffic from the CS (shop has been notably much slower after the CS shut down, but been using the time to take a bit of a break too).

I'd like to see the other new rental shops (that popped up after the CS closed) also get linked portals so they can maintain their traffic even if the CS reopens.

It would be nice to be able to jump to one shop and then go from realm to realm if you were looking for something specific that one didn't have...sort of like a shopping mall. Having to jump out to the overworld or lobby and do searches can be rather time consuming, and that's assuming I can remember the names of the other shops if they aren't in the popular realm list.
  • Thanks everyone for your input. I didn't want to go through the effort if the community didn't care. You all gave me some things to think about and consider. I appreciate that everyone is concerned about my time and stress level. I hope I can do things a bit differently this time to help it run smoother. I do miss the activity and fun that the shop brought to me and many others that spent time in there. Plus it was a good central shopping area for sellers and buyers which brought the community together. Super had a great idea when he created The Community Shop, I wish he had been able to be online more to enjoy what his shop grew into.

As far as the devs go, this is simply a player created and run shop. It is not sponsored or an official realm. The financing of the shop could be covered if more plot owners and frequent shoppers contributed to the holla piggy. I had a players that donated and some that did regular hollas (which I greatly appreciated!) but that piggy stayed pretty thin most of the time. This is a community shop so maybe the community that uses it, sellers and buyers, could help keep it going. I'm not sure why the rentals were set up so vends can only be set by people with full permission, there may have been a reason they set it up that way. It would be great if they were changed so that plot owners could set their own vends. Until that happens, I am looking at getting some trusted help. I've have many offers and hope to find someone that I can depend on to accurately set them and help keep things going when I get busy.

Thanks again for your input, feel free to comment more and offer suggestions but it looks to me like it's worth reopening! Once I get everything set up and find my helper, I will let you all know it's up and ready for vends.

We are here for you Whim! :)
  • i vote for yes
    btw whim i'm pretty sure i had some items worth around 7k-10k in vends when u removed my rental , so can i get them back? (if no it's ok)
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    C W N said:

i vote for yes
    btw whim i'm pretty sure i had some items worth around 7k-10k in vends when u removed my rental , so can i get them back? (if no it's ok)

Your stuff is in the shop's storage room. Once I've reopened, come see me and I'll return your items.
  • Thanks everyone for your input. I didn't want to go through the effort if the community didn't care. You all gave me some things to think about and consider. I appreciate that everyone is concerned about my time and stress level. I hope I can do things a bit differently this time to help it run smoother. I do miss the activity and fun that the shop brought to me and many others that spent time in there. Plus it was a good central shopping area for sellers and buyers which brought the community together. Super had a great idea when he created The Community Shop, I wish he had been able to be online more to enjoy what his shop grew into.

Yay! I'm looking forward to coming back!
  • C W N said:

i vote for yes

Your stuff is in the shop's storage room. Once I've reopened, come see me and I'll return your items.
    ok thx
  • Loved to shop there can’t wait to see it back up and running.
  • If you can manadge it, and not get burnt out then sure,
  • btw are the rentals going to be reset or will you keep going with old rentals and owner?
This discussion has been closed.