The leveling systems

edited October 2019 in Suggestions & Comments
As we all know, the higher the level we are, the harder we can to level up, you have to mine/craft/build tons of stuff to get leveled up, but eventually it'll takes too much times for it, especially for those who didn't mine/craft/build much!

As we know, this is an mmo game, I can tell most players just getting some fun, entertaining themselves, trading, exploring, rather than just having to build/mine/craft for the whole time! But yet, they gain no exp at all for doing this kind of things!

So in this suggestions, I'll suggest that you'll add a feature for the level system, which is gaining 1xp each minutes for playing, not that much, but it helps us to level up a lot, and why not? Rather than gaining nothing for hanging with friends or when you just like to explore others' realm!

Hmm if you're going to say people gonna afk for the exp, then nah, it'll take days for leveling, so it'll never get abused :)

Comments

• Quest pack sadly cries in the shadows*
  • lmao I'm just giving out ideas, as you can see, playing parkours and maze just certainly wouldn't get you any gain in experience, especially to those who love it, and quest pack will grant a lot of XP and stuff so don't worry about it :3
  • LiberatedLiberated Member
    edited October 2019
    If you afk'ed on CC for a week at a time, you would level up each week one time.

I could see maybe 50 exp every day being issued for logging on and not being an issue, as an incentive to log on.
  • Ok I’ll afk and get free levels sounds balanced
  • Maybe I am not the average player but I mined, crafted & built so that I could reach level 60 in my 1st 100 days.

The perks is where I see a problem in that I got cheated out of Pet Pal 3 because there was 4 More Cubits Perks. There is more perks than levels so we will all have to miss out on a few.

BTW; More Cubits do NOT work unless you submit a ticket to support!!
  • Sort of thought the point of the game was to mine/build/craft...which explains why we get xp for those actions. If people would rather trade and socialize, then I can understand why they don't get xp for those things...

However, I think there are opportunities for more xp (but we must have more levels before these get implemented because so may of us are already max level).
    -- I'd love to see 'discovery' xp. Every time you "discover" something new in game, you get xp. Typically these would be any items you can gather, or craft, or purchase. We'd have a booklet that would show what we have/haven't discovered yet in game (basically a list of all items in the game, but it's greyed out if we haven't discovered it yet, but would be in color if we have discovered it).
    -- I'd also like to see achievements where you get xp for accomplishing an achievement. Achievements could be any number of things - crafting achievements, visiting realms/mines achievements, participating in events achievements, mining achievements, jumping/walking achievements, building achievements, having friends achievements, selling items achievements, buying items achievements, eating candy/glue/pies/etc achievements, playing for consecutive days or certain number of hours achievements, etc. Achievements could be for just about any aspect of the game...
  • b3achy said:

Sort of thought the point of the game was to mine/build/craft...which explains why we get xp for those actions. If people would rather trade and socialize, then I can understand why they don't get xp for those things...

However, I think there are opportunities for more xp (but we must have more levels before these get implemented because so may of us are already max level).
    -- I'd love to see 'discovery' xp. Every time you "discover" something new in game, you get xp. Typically these would be any items you can gather, or craft, or purchase. We'd have a booklet that would show what we have/haven't discovered yet in game (basically a list of all items in the game, but it's greyed out if we haven't discovered it yet, but would be in color if we have discovered it).
    -- I'd also like to see achievements where you get xp for accomplishing an achievement. Achievements could be any number of things - crafting achievements, visiting realms/mines achievements, participating in events achievements, mining achievements, jumping/walking achievements, building achievements, having friends achievements, selling items achievements, buying items achievements, eating candy/glue/pies/etc achievements, playing for consecutive days or certain number of hours achievements, etc. Achievements could be for just about any aspect of the game...

+1 I agreed! •w•

• b3achy said:

Sort of thought the point of the game was to mine/build/craft...which explains why we get xp for those actions. If people would rather trade and socialize, then I can understand why they don't get xp for those things...

+1 I think achievements have been suggested for a long time just never added, and Ilike the discovery idea
  • I played at least two games in the past that had a discovery option - Glitch (a closed down MMO) and Road Not Taken (single player game). I'm sure there are others. If they implemented it here, then those of us that have been playing a while, would have to re-"discover" a lot of stuff, but I think it would be a fun aspect to the game.

However, it wouldn't be able to be implemented here without needing some controls in place to keep the scammers from tricking people into 'letting them hold some rare item' and then stealing it. In the one other MMO (Glitch), it was adults playing and over time, you could build trust relationships...you could share an item with someone and expect to get it back, which is how we were able to discover many items that we hadn't personally obtained yet...here there is a different social dynamic, so that option of 'discovery' might need to be nixed. However, if a person mines stuff, crafts stuff, or does an actual purchase transaction to obtain stuff, then the discovery option could kick in. Another option might be that only non-clothing/non-pet items are discover-able, since those tend to be the 'rare' items that are scammed the most.

I agree that achievements have been recommended before, and I continue to agree that they would be a fun way to have 'goals' in the game for the players who have already done all the quests and max leveled. Glitch was genius in some of the wacky achievements that they came up with for the players to achieve...my favorite was the 3 jumping awards...you'd see people bouncing all the time in the game just so they could eventually get them (and there were no bunny suits in that game).
  • CubicPencilCubicPencil Member
    edited October 2019
    I haven't read all the comments, so idk if somebody has said this already, but it could be you auto disconnect after 20 or 30 minutes of being afk, so it would make the XP farming more difficult. Or it could be, walking around gives you XP

something that would be cool to gain XP from, is trading. But i bet lots of ppl would just trade dirt back and forth to each other to farm XP
  • b3achy said:

good idea
  • actually quest pack really helps alot
  • maxrein said:

actually quest pack really helps alot

But there's only one quest pack, and once you do it you don't have any more quests for xp anymore
  • Tyndale said:

maxrein said:

But there's only one quest pack, and once you do it you don't have any more quests for xp anymore
    The quest pack + free quests earns you a total of 11 levels.
  • Liberated said:

Tyndale said:

maxrein said:

Yeah, I’ve used it multiple times to get accounts from level 49 to 60 without placing or mining a single block.
  • 'Dragon' said:

Liberated said:

Tyndale said:

maxrein said:

Yeah, I’ve used it multiple times to get accounts from level 49 to 60 without placing or mining a single block.
    Don't forget farming
  • The leveling systems are fine the way they are. If you’re lvl 60 you earned it.
  • No thx..most of pc players will go afk for whole day