Mutant Pet Event

I would like you to increase the rate at which Monster Mash drops and lower the bits for the machine. By now we all have at least 1 machine (me 24) so more mash for the hard work to get them would be a plus. Besides didn't you make this game for adults and later include or target it for younger players? FYI; the young players don't have the discipline to mine 5,000 blocks and if they do, they do deserve something for their efforts and not just a few more repeated bits.
I have talked to players who mined 5;000 blocks and got no bits at all. I mine 5,000 and get 2 batteries and a memory but zero Mash.

One last note: make bombing in mines produce zero bits as this to me is cheating. The bombers kill other players who are just there to mine, they also have more c than a normal player who can't afford bombs.

Comments

• I mined 10143 blocks before I got a mash, so while I agree I would like to see the spawn rate increase; as a player who has been here since the beginning, the games initial targeted audience has always been younger children. That is why there has always been parental options and continued updates on child friendly settings.

Also the bombs are craft-able so you don't necessarily have to be loaded to obtain a decent amount, but I agree that bombing players can be an issue in public mines.
  • I was mining for quite some time and didn't get anything but cubits. Humbug :/
  • zpinolzpinol MéxicoMember
    I mined blocks from the lower layers. From the grass and upper layers and mountains I have only found parts of the machine.
  • Today i mined 10k worth of blocks from the top down in a forest mine, and got none. they really need to buff the drops. my friend who had just started got 2 in the space of 5 minutes. story of my life
  • Sir BeckleySir Beckley Member
    edited October 2019
    3tips
    1. You can mine in your own realm/room and get these items. kewberno stuff and monster mash
    2. If you place a black bomb and a pulse bomb in a mine, they act like blue bombs and blow up instantly
    3. You should dig 2dow and place your bomb in the hole for maximum use
  • HONEY BOMBHONEY BOMB Member
    edited October 2019
    12k sands 0 mash ;)))))

Maybe you mine for kewberno equipments and get mash from trick door at official parkour?
  • I agree that maybe it would be smart that once a player gets x machine parts (let's say 25 or 50), then they should only see mash drops. Up to the time of getting the machine parts, they have some chance of getting mash like is currently being done. Though I'm hoping to do some interesting builds with the machine parts at some point in the future, so I don't really mind them dropping.

While I do wish there were more skill than chance to get the mash, I don't want to have to do a parkour to get mash...I'm the game's worst parkour person.

It sounds like the RNG just isn't your friend if you are mining over 1000 blocks to get one drop. 10x that seems like something is seriously wrong.

I have to agree that bombing does seem like a sad work around and quite nearly a cheat, but I also go into those mines and gather up the resources most of them are leaving behind...that's free cubits they are just leaving, IMO since resources can also be sold.
  • IntimateIntimate Member
    edited October 2019

Today i mined 10k worth of blocks from the top down in a forest mine, and got none. they really need to buff the drops. my friend who had just started got 2 in the space of 5 minutes. story of my life

Well today I got tons of new machines but 3 mash for mining 60k sand and enough berry to make 80k dye.

@SirKewberth "We'll keep an eye on things and may adjust further"

Make it easier for players who do not have a work ethic to get these items and it will teach em that work pays off after all. Now as it stands, they learn that hard work is a waste of time and they will resort to the quickest way to get the said items, IE cheat, steal, beg and scam.
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Everyone does not need to pm SirKewberth but if you want him to see your thread you should probably @ him in it. Otherwise, he may never see it since he is probably the busiest qbee in town.
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    edited October 2019
    I will add, that while it does feel like we're missing something since it's not a separate event, I do sort of like that I don't have to change my game habits too much to be able to collect parts and mash. The one thing that was always challenging about the previous halloween and Easter events were that I'd fall behind in my resource gathering for my shop because I'd stop mining to do the event. So in some ways, it's been rather nice for me to get a bonus drop of parts and mash while doing my normal game playing activities...and being able to stock up on resources. Also nice to see so many players in the mines again.
  • Everyone does not need to pm SirKewberth but if you want him to see your thread you should probably @ him in it. Otherwise, he may never see it since he is probably the busiest qbee in town.

Thank you, I forgot what the @ does.