CC Version Numbers are Different between Steam and Google Play/Android

b3achyb3achy Member
edited October 2019 in Bug Reports
My current version for the Steam/Laptop CC is 1.9.8821, and it plays just fine with being able to find plenty of parts and mash. Halloween pack is available in the CC store.

The version on my Android Tablet for CC is 1.9.8820, and I played last night mining for over an hour and had zero Kewberno parts and mash drops. The Halloween pack is available in this version. There is no update for the game in the Google play store to get it to the same version as Steam. Don't know if this is causing some issues. Was wondering if this might be why I was not seeing the drops of Kewberno items (or if it was a perk issue, or just really bad luck with the RNG) like in the Steam version.

@SirKewberth - Are the versions typically numerically out of synch/different between the two platforms?

Comments

• SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Not typically no... They should be the same. Not sure why that is, but I didn't make the builds. I'll ask but it's probably not a big issue. A lot of what you're asking about is determined on the server not the local game.
  • Finally started getting the Kewberno drops on the tablet last night, but still the same version number as I mentioned above. I'm guessing my first day the RNG was just not my friend. It happens.

I just know some people were having some issues with not seeing the pack in the store, etc, and didn't know if there was some sort of versioning issue. Thanks for the info! :)
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Yes randomness has that problem. In general I actually prefer things that are not entirely random, for precisely that reason. Ie.. so players just can't get really unlucky. Many games that have random events are actually doing things mathematically underneath to distribute the chances a little more evenly, so they appear random to players but aren't entirely.
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember

Yes randomness has that problem. In general I actually prefer things that are not entirely random, for precisely that reason. Ie.. so players just can't get really unlucky. Many games that have random events are actually doing things mathematically underneath to distribute the chances a little more evenly, so they appear random to players but aren't entirely.

but also some people also have the problem of not seeing the halloween pack, is that a build number problem?