Password Sentry Not Working?

SidddSiddd UKGame Moderator
edited October 8 in Bug Reports 36.95 Karma
I am trying to set up a password sentried doorway but no matter what password I set on the door, I always get the message:
'You typed in a bad password. Nice try.' I have tried the sentry on other doorways with the same response, are they just broken? Or am I missing something...

Comments

• SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    100.75 Karma
    Just tried... having trouble too. Looking into it.
  • icantiwillicantiwill Member
    81.60 Karma
    Not sure how to help, but i experienced issues like this cause i was too close to the door and i had caps on. I don’t know.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    edited October 8 100.75 Karma
    Seems to be related to some changes from that steam beta build which are now in the live build. So much for beta testing! Working on a fix now...
    100.75 Karma
    OK.. fixed it on our end. We'll submit a fix for this shortly. It is only affecting the Steam build right now since that's the only one with the new code.

Its a really strange thing but it had to do with bouncing block gravity. When you bounce on a bouncy block the password gets reset. And for various reasons the game thought there was bouncy blocks all over.
  • 'Dragon''Dragon' Member
    12.95 Karma

OK.. fixed it on our end. We'll submit a fix for this shortly. It is only affecting the Steam build right now since that's the only one with the new code.

Its a really strange thing but it had to do with bouncing block gravity. When you bounce on a bouncy block the password gets reset. And for various reasons the game thought there was bouncy blocks all over.

That makes more sense now.
  • SidddSiddd UKGame Moderator
    36.95 Karma

That... yes I was gonna say that's exactly what I thought it was! '-'

Thanks Kew haha.
    100.75 Karma
    Siddd said:

Thanks Kew haha.
    We would never have guessed that either. Odd one...
  • AzsimuthAzsimuth FamiliarMember, Familiar
    24.65 KarmaFamiliar

Siddd said:

Thanks Kew haha.
    Odds1out
  • TyndaleTyndale Member
    45.45 Karma
    Azsimuth said:

Siddd said:

Thanks Kew haha.
    Odds1out
    Is a good youtuber
  • 15.55 Karma
    GoId said:

Azsimuth said:

Siddd said:

Thanks Kew haha.
    Odds1out
    Is a good youtuber
    I saw his book in barnes & nobles
  • SidddSiddd UKGame Moderator
    edited October 9 36.95 Karma
    Not sure why you guys went way off topic! This can be closed now :)

Thanksyousss.
This discussion has been closed.