When Do AcceloRing's Break?

SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator
I can't seem to remember how the Accelorings work now, can anyone answer these questions?

1) If I enter a room and instantly hit an Acceloring, will it eventually break?

2) If I go through an Acceloring that forces me into another room, will it eventually break?

It could be that they break on both of these, but I believe it only happens if a certain amount of people go through, so I can't test it (Certainly doesn't happen right away)

This is very important for the design of a Halloween realm I am building.

Thanks!

Comments

• SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Accel rings placed close to doors will break, and accel rings that get hit constantly. This is to prevent people creating nasty loops to trap player with rings.
  • SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator

Accel rings placed close to doors will break, and accel rings that get hit constantly. This is to prevent people creating nasty loops to trap player with rings.

Ok, thanks! Do they only break if the Accello is placed on the block in front of a door then?
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Well... it's been a while.. I'd have to look at code to be 100% sure.. but I believe it's distance based and not specific placement.
  • SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator

Well... it's been a while.. I'd have to look at code to be 100% sure.. but I believe it's distance based and not specific placement.

Hmm, alrighty! That is probably enough information for me to make a workaround, thankyou Mr Kewberth Sir!