[EVENT] 5x5x5 Building Contest 2! (RESULTS!)

CD87CD87 Member
edited September 2019 in Player Events & Creations
The challenging, fast and fun building contest has returned!

5x5x5 Building Contest 2

Banner

This is a fun building contest that requires little resources, but a LOT of creativity. With just 25 (24) spaces, can you create the best build in the realm?

Important rules:
1) Each plot costs 10c to rent and will not be refunded. (Because you can't buy a pig with 10c). Instead, a hat/decorative block will be given instead.
2) The act of copying or violating CC's rules will result in plot removal and possible ban from future events
3) Prizes are subject to change depends on the amount of participants
4) (NEW) Your build should incorporate at least one of the three themes given below. The addition of themes was a request from many participants to make things a bit easier.

For the full list of rules, please read them at the event realm.

Judging criteria:

Appearance - 20% (100 points)
How good does your build look? Does it appeal to people's eyes? We will look at your build as a whole to determine! Remember, small details can help you get the max score, so better focus on that as well as your overall build!

Creativity and Incorporation of Theme- 20% (100 points)
"Is it new?" is the question we will ask ourselves when looking at your build. Is it a new design? Or is it just a reskin of old, past structures? Did you apply the given theme(s) to your build?

Playability - 20% (100 points)
Parkours, mazes, role-playing games, quizzes, etc. Does it contain any of those elements? Can we "play" with your build? Be mindful, however, that some of the named examples above can get you 100 points in playability, but it might impact your appearance and creativity score if not executed properly!

Public voting - 40%* (200 points)
To be announced.
For quick reference, please find the thread containing the last contest.

Total score: 500 points

*If there are not enough votes, this criterion will be removed.

Prizes:
1st place: Bronze Piggy
2nd place: 5000 cubits
3rd place: 2000 cubits
4th and 5th place: 1000 cubits each
Lucky prize: 1000 cubit for one of all participants*

*Note: You must build something for the plot to be deemed "qualified" for the raffle.

Themes:

+Sci-fi
+Fall
+School

Deadline: 23rd of August

The judging will be done by me and a few others. For absolute fairness, avoid leaving your name on the plot to make it anonymous. This, however, is optional.

Public voting is now open! Instructions are at CD87's Event Realm! The judging will also take place at this time. If there are less than 20 votes, this criterion will be removed.

Total points = Appearance + Creativity & Theme + Playability + Public Voting (Max 500 points)

Public Voting = (Number of votes you get) / (Total amount of votes), which then multiplies by 200. (Max 200 points)

For example, if there are 20 votes and you get 10 votes, then you'll get 100/200 * 200 = 100 points.

Results will be announced on the 27th of August

If you have any questions, just leave a comment below.
Thank you for reading, and good luck to everyone!

The results are finally here!

1st place: Build #55 (274,79 points)
1st place
2nd place: Build #45 (265.53 points)
2nd place
3rd place: Build #420 (234.04 points)
3rd place
4th place: Build #43 (231,28 points)
4th place
5th place: Build #77 (223.51 points)
5th place

Random entry winner: Build #40

Build #14

Build #29

Build #52

Build #67

Build #68

Build #44

Build #73

Build #84

All participants other than the winners will receive a cowl / tutu as a token for their participation (Honorable mentions get double prizes). You also have 21 days to pick up all your items and prizes. After 21 days, the realm will be nuked to prepare for future events.
The result of the poll can be found within the realm itself, though your total score is not to be disclosed publicly (Unless you want to know, in which case only the total score is given)

Once again, thanks for participating, and I'll see you at the next event!

Comments

• Alv'Alv' Member
    Oof I'm joining, but I at outside rn xD
  • +1 =)

To CD:
    Put the room there
  • CD87CD87 Member

+1 =)

To CD:

Put the room there
    Thanks for the reminder.
  • Oooh another one of these!
  • Is it somehow possible to join even after all the plots are taken?
  • CD87CD87 Member

Is it somehow possible to join even after all the plots are taken?

Is it full already? I expect at least 72 hours for all the plots to be rented.
    There might be a few available if somebody has their plot removed by breaking the rules.
  • CD87 said:

Is it somehow possible to join even after all the plots are taken?

Is it full already? I expect at least 72 hours for all the plots to be rented.
    There might be a few available if somebody has their plot removed by breaking the rules.
    every plot is taken since yesterday lol
  • Sigh... I didn't get one XD
  • Uh CD you wrote 1st prize is 7500c in realm and here you wrote bronze piggy :V
    I think you should put c to winner's plot :V hard to find u in game if bronze piggy
  • CD87CD87 Member

Uh CD you wrote 1st prize is 7500c in realm and here you wrote bronze piggy :V
    I think you should put c to winner's plot :V hard to find u in game if bronze piggy

7500c = Put the bronze piggy on your plot.
  • CD87CD87 Member
    Bump! The public voting is now open!
  • HONEY BOMBHONEY BOMB Member
    edited August 2019
    Where do we vote ?
  • CD87CD87 Member

Where do we vote ?

The realm itself
  • you said the results will be announced on the 27th but its already the 29th uwu i hope youre doing okay cd :)
  • CD87CD87 Member
    justmeg said:

you said the results will be announced on the 27th but its already the 29th uwu i hope youre doing okay cd :)

Sorry, I got a flu and ended up visiting the doctors on the only day I was able to play.
    All other judges have finished their jobs already though, so I think it won't be long.
  • Aw 2 cowls for 5th place uwu

My bad, I've replaced it with the right prize.
    Also, thread updated: The results are here!