Official Community Vends

After the Community Shop closed, it's been harder to sell things for me, and to buy items also. I suggest that there's an official realm created that's coded differently than other realms. For instance, it would have a max of 1 plot per player in teh realm, and you are able to set the prices of your own vends on it. The layout would be a whole lot of 1x5 plots packed into one realm like the community shop, but idk if they should cost cubits or just be forever/week plots and maybe be monitered by moderators every now and then, just not set by them. This would save a lot of cubits on hollas if it was always on the official events list, and if everyone knew about it, then hopefully it would stay alive like pens.

-This is just a suggestion, if the devs an mods don't want to go to this work, then it's fine with me, since this suggestion is mostly to make it easier to sell things for the players but not necessarily for the devs and mods.
-Mostly just an easier version of the original Community Shop

@SirKewberth @WhimsicalFirefly @Graceful Thunder @mabz

Comments

• It would be nice to have a centralized trusted place to have some vends, but totally understand how it was getting to be too much of a chore for Whim to have to set the vends multiple times a day all by herself to keep the CS open, especially with mod duties too.

Still would love to have a centralized 'bulletin board' of sorts of all the items in vends in the game no matter where they are located, and if you wanted to buy something off the board, it would teleport you to the vend location to purchase it. That way, all shops in the game would be visited regularly by other players. I've seen market places in other games, but they just allow players to post items for sale which get purchased without having people visit their realms/shops. I think adding a visit option would allow players to still build shops and keep with the spirit of the game since it would ensure traffic to those locations (and players can then look at the other items in the shop for sale too).
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I would reopen the Community Shop if the devs changed it to where plot owners could set their vends. Basic maintenance in there wasn't a problem, it was having to go in there multiple times every day to price vends that made it difficult to handle. I think everyone loved the idea of a trusted long term rental shop and I enjoyed running it with the exception of setting all those vends.

I did the math one day....
    96 perma plots = 480 vends
    24 weekly plots = 168 vends
  • The fact that they haven’t fixed vending machines on plots is actually hilarious.
  • I think this should be a thing.
    +1
  • I’ve been thinking about making my own Community shop ever since whimsical’s closed.
  • Alv'Alv' Member

I would reopen the Community Shop if the devs changed it to where plot owners could set their vends. Basic maintenance in there wasn't a problem, it was having to go in there multiple times every day to price vends that made it difficult to handle. I think everyone loved the idea of a trusted long term rental shop and I enjoyed running it with the exception of setting all those vends.

+1 , need owner set prices is too busy..
  • All they need to do is recode the plots, and we can set our own prices. That way somebody like Whim wouldn't have to go through all of that trouble setting prices.
  • Just let us set the vends for ourselves and the world problems are solved. Or at least deliver us a good reason why we can't set our own vends on plots smh.

@SirKewberth
  • Kn1ght4nd3r50nKn1ght4nd3r50n Member, Game Moderator
    Adding the possibility to set prices on plots would be a big help, so whims could reopen the community shop and inaugurate the community shop II
  • edited August 2019

Adding the possibility to set prices on plots would be a big help, so whims could reopen the community shop and inaugurate the community shop II

thanks captain obvious (im jk btw)
  • I would reopen the Community Shop if the devs changed it to where plot owners could set their vends. Basic maintenance in there wasn't a problem, it was having to go in there multiple times every day to price vends that made it difficult to handle. I think everyone loved the idea of a trusted long term rental shop and I enjoyed running it with the exception of setting all those vends.

its like.. mny people already suggest that thing.. but kew didnt saw it.. or idk ?

@SirKewberth
    'Dragon' said:
    This conversation has now come full circle. The Community Shop opened in November 2018, the same month that was posted. Since you gave credit to Super and Snowy, I'm guessing your post was related to the shop opening because it is something we all talked about back at that time.

I really hope @SirKewberth will respond and let us know if this might be possible in the near future. Everyone wants it so it would be a great change to make.

• 'Dragon' said:
    This conversation has now come full circle. The Community Shop opened in November 2018, the same month that was posted. Since you gave credit to Super and Snowy, I'm guessing your post was related to the shop opening because it is something we all talked about back at that time.

I really hope @SirKewberth will respond and let us know if this might be possible in the near future. Everyone wants it so it would be a great change to make.

or you can hire some trusted Friend just set the price
  • Lopaiko said:

'Dragon' said:

or you can hire some trusted Friend just set the price
    that trusted friend also has life ok
    edited August 2019
    "or you can hire some trusted Friend just set the price"

It's really not that easy. I have trusted friends but most plot owners trusted that shop because only three mods had perm in there. If they don't know my trusted friend well then they won't be comfortable putting their items in there to sell. Plus there is always the risk of a vend being set incorrectly. With me being the only one setting them, I could use extra caution and know if something was set wrong it was my error. From the time the shop opened in Nov 2018 there was only one vend that was set incorrectly (fortunately the buyer was a friend and sold it back at cost). That accuracy means additional confidence in the shop when placing items worth 50k-100k in a vend. Trust is one of the key things that made that shop successful.
  • "or you can hire some trusted Friend just set the price"

It's really not that easy. I have trusted friends but most plot owners trusted that shop because only three mods had perm in there. If they don't know my trusted friend well then they won't be comfortable putting their items in there to sell. Plus there is always the risk of a vend being set incorrectly. With me being the only one setting them, I could use extra caution and know if something was set wrong it was my error. From the time the shop opened in Nov 2018 there was only one vend that was set incorrectly (fortunately the buyer was a friend and sold it back at cost). That accuracy means additional confidence in the shop when placing items worth 50k-100k in a vend. Trust is one of the key things that made that shop successful.

3 mods had perm?
  • Graceful ThunderGraceful Thunder Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

"or you can hire some trusted Friend just set the price"

3 mods had perm?
    Super owned the realm, Whim ran the shop, and I had perms to save people's cubits when they glitched off plots and Whim wasn't online.
  • DoodleDog said:

@SirKewberth come on.

Spamming kewberth isn’t gonna do anything. Also I think a mod being in charge had a part in why the shop was so popular because of the trust aspect.
  • I fully support this idea. I created a Realm inspired by The Community Shop, and I know what WhimsicalFirefly went through. I think this should be obvious, if plot owners can break Vends, why can't they set prices? Not in just one realm, but anywhere like Pen's Yard Rental or The Community Shop.

If you want to visit my Realm it's Godrax's Community Market and I'm selling Permanent Plots for 1k.