If You Read This Title, I Need Your Help! (Qbee Cup 2020)

MonopolyManMonopolyMan Member
edited August 2019 in Player Events & Creations
As some of you may know, I'm going to be hosting a huge racing event soon. But there have been set backs, those of which I need to make difficult decisions. The first one is of the most importance. How I am going to run the event, time wise. Here are the 2 ways:
1. Race yourself and screen shot your time and have a week to improve.
2. Race together and have a few races over the course of a week.

Now, the first one will give more advantage to everyone, as you can do it whenever you want. However, there's also more chances for people to cheat and the race not be supervised. The second will be supervised and people will not be able to cheat as easily and would likely be caught if they do, but it would only be 3 or 4 times a week, about an hour at a time, so you may or may not miss the race, depending on your time zone. I would try to do a schedule such as Tuesday afternoon, Thursday afternoon, Saturday night, and Sunday afternoon (my time... I will give cc times when the dates arrive). This would give people in school or in other time zones to race.

If you have any other ideas on how to run this event, please let me know! I need all ideas and thoughts!

Comments

• Racing together would be nice, but you could also have a time where everyone can race by themselves with supervision from you.
  • I would go for the first way for sure.

Yes, there are ways to cheat, but you can always ask the suspect to prove the time. Not with the picture tho, you will have to watch him getting that score (~0.20sec above the record would also be acceptable).

The second one is just eh.

Imagine a full realm with people lagging, bumping, chatting, shooting... It would be a mess. Plus not all the people would be able to contest because of the time zones.
  • MonopolyManMonopolyMan Member
    edited August 2019

I would go for the first way for sure.

Yes, there are ways to cheat, but you can always ask the suspect to prove the time. Not with the picture tho, you will have to watch him getting that score (~0.20sec above the record would also be acceptable).

The second one is just eh.

Imagine a full realm with people lagging, bumping, chatting, shooting... It would be a mess. Plus not all the people would be able to contest because of the time zones.

Well, I already know that both ways are going to be a mess, because we will have 1 new race track a week and this is 8 weeks longs. I'm just trying to make this as organized but as fun as possible.
    edited August 2019
    the fact that I will have to go through hundreds of pictures over a few weeks sounds stressful. If I did the second way, I would make sure to do it different times of the day, different days of the week for the best range of people to try it. I myself am going more towards point 2 but I will do whichever the community wants to do!
  • If you are going to have set times to race, can you be sure to have a couple of days of having the race track open so people can practice before they have to race in that time period? Some days are just better than others for some of us that are the bottom of the pack racers, so as much time to practice as possible is helpful if we are having an 'off day' when you have the races scheduled.
    edited August 2019
    b3achy said:

If you are going to have set times to race, can you be sure to have a couple of days of having the race track open so people can practice before they have to race in that time period? Some days are just better than others for some of us that are the bottom of the pack racers, so as much time to practice as possible is helpful if we are having an 'off day' when you have the races scheduled.

oh, of course! Some of the tracks won't be mine so they will be available 24/7, i will also allow several laps of practice before I track times. And don't worry, I will come out with a schedule and holla every time!
  • Ive seen other players doing the first way for their racing contests, the second may be very hectic