Sci-Fi Building Contest 2019 (OFFICIAL EVENT) RESULTS!!!

2»

Comments

• Cub The CubicCub The Cubic Member
    edited August 2019

Votes should be none of those. We should have a special number for each plot, and let people vote. Don’t just put pictures, let people explore the build and vote fairly, in my opinion some of the finalists were quite simple and looked like no effort was put into them. I think we should let people explore freely rather than just let them vote without thinking or understanding or reading, etc.

Would be nice but unfortunately if the realms were open, people would continue adding onto builds and try to make them appeal even more to the community. One could easily sit there on their plot with a cash register and pay people to vote for their number.
    Add to that the fact that the realms need to be locked so Mabz can archive them.
    Couldn't they have a limit when they're building?
    CD87 said:

Congratulations to all winners, you all did a good job!

I will refrain from commenting about the voting system here, as the whole debate would deserve its own thread.

Though, it's sad to see another attempt of yours receive negative feedbacks despite having so much power at your disposal.

It's not that surprising honestly...But yeah,I agree with you. ;-;

• Pretty sure this is my first official Space Fetus event I participated in and Ill just say again I had a lot of fun oh that old saying is perfect here
    "You can please some of the people all of the time,
    you can please all of the people some of the time,
    but you cant please all of the people all of the time."
    Space Fetus please note I saw soo many players in there while I was building I saw people sharing materials I saw people bouncing ideas off each other I saw the community alive and having fun we were showing off our builds and showing other people our favourites. I had moments of thinking this community has some potential. Sorry I didn't enter your other events but lets all be thankful as I would of needed to explain continuously that I drew the picture not my daughter. Annnnd I'll be honest I completed the space race but my time was embarrassing but it inspired me to make a race track :) Thanks for the fun.
  • i don't wanna be rude, but ppl gotta check their eyes before voting
  • PyreonPyreon Member
    edited August 2019
    god, art is too subjective to even have a proper voting system. but even if art is truly subjective, i'm getting some weird vibes going on with the difference between the 1st place and everything else. not trying to offend here but..is that 1st place one of those elf factories again?

i wouldn't pick either of the choices in the poll. i'd rather get a set of people who are actually good at building and are willing to judge and have that set judge instead. and of course the judges can't join the contest.

all you have to do for the community vote is just get as many friends as you can to vote for you. the community vote is just a way to rig the system.

and i dont think that making the mods vote are a good idea. some of the playerbase are insanely angry at mods and if they pick another factory for 1st prize... you're going to lose their entire trust.

although i commend the effort of space to still have the courage to run this contest. it isn't that easy to run something that is insanely controversial despite having the will to contribute to the community.
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    edited August 2019
    Instead of top 5, why not have mod top 3 and community top 3? That would be only one extra prize.

In another game I play, the admins/devs choose the top three in the art contests, but then they have a community prize as a fourth prize, where the entire community votes on all the ones submitted (though they do it in an anonymous 'mash up' style vote - two entries go head to head and you pick your favorite of the two or neither), but only the top favorited one by the community gets a prize. In this style, you may or may not see your buddy's entry, so it makes it a little harder to skew the community vote into a popularity contest. Don't think we'd be able to do that kind of voting in CC, unfortunately.

Pretty sure this is my first official Space Fetus event I participated in and Ill just say again I had a lot of fun oh that old saying is perfect here
    "You can please some of the people all of the time,
    you can please all of the people some of the time,
    but you cant please all of the people all of the time."
    Space Fetus please note I saw soo many players in there while I was building I saw people sharing materials I saw people bouncing ideas off each other I saw the community alive and having fun we were showing off our builds and showing other people our favourites. I had moments of thinking this community has some potential. Sorry I didn't enter your other events but lets all be thankful as I would of needed to explain continuously that I drew the picture not my daughter. Annnnd I'll be honest I completed the space race but my time was embarrassing but it inspired me to make a race track :) Thanks for the fun.

You know...the building events are always a lot of fun until the prizes are awarded...then all the grumbling begins. I personally find them fun even though I'm not a great builder. I see people in the rooms that I've not seen before. I like showing off my minimal creativity. I'm under no delusions that I'll win, so it's low pressure for me. Sort of like my racing skills. I try my best and I get better with each race, but it'll take me a LOT of practicing to ever be at the top of the list. Parkour is the same for me. But I like the events. It's fun having something for the community to focus on (though many players typically lose interest after a day or two). The events always challenge me, and even if I don't win...I've probably done my personal best which was better than the last event.
  • *KeySpirits**KeySpirits* Member
    edited August 2019
    Valyreena said:

Sarco said:

i cant even understand what 3 is just a bunch of pixels to me .-. I think that 2 shoulda won but o well

Ever heard of abstract build? Ever heard of talent? to compose a human skeleton & flip it, & add diagonal backrounds to it. it not someone can perfectly master, but missil here. has done it confidently, even having a good colour balance to it. The chosen furnitures for the perfect touch made it even more magnificent & one of it’s kind. it’s original, beautiful, unique. she deserved it honestly. i don’t see your point of view kid
    it's not abstractism at all, Valy.
    It's an astronaut upside down being abducted by a tentacle...
  • Valyreena said:

Sarco said:

i cant even understand what 3 is just a bunch of pixels to me .-. I think that 2 shoulda won but o well

Ever heard of abstract build? Ever heard of talent? to compose a human skeleton & flip it, & add diagonal backrounds to it. it not someone can perfectly master, but missil here. has done it confidently, even having a good colour balance to it. The chosen furnitures for the perfect touch made it even more magnificent & one of it’s kind. it’s original, beautiful, unique. she deserved it honestly. i don’t see your point of view kid
    it's not abstractism at all, Valy.
    It's an astronaut upside down being abducted by a tentacle...
    yeah he just simply doesn't have good enough eyes to see the shape..
  • Pyreon said:

god, art is too subjective to even have a proper voting system. but even if art is truly subjective, i'm getting some weird vibes going on with the difference between the 1st place and everything else. not trying to offend here but..is that 1st place one of those elf factories again?

i wouldn't pick either of the choices in the poll. i'd rather get a set of people who are actually good at building and are willing to judge and have that set judge instead. and of course the judges can't join the contest.

all you have to do for the community vote is just get as many friends as you can to vote for you. the community vote is just a way to rig the system.

and i dont think that making the mods vote are a good idea. some of the playerbase are insanely angry at mods and if they pick another factory for 1st prize... you're going to lose their entire trust.

although i commend the effort of space to still have the courage to run this contest. it isn't that easy to run something that is insanely controversial despite having the will to contribute to the community.

Not to offend you, if you have eyes you can see it is not some elf factory, but its is actually sci fi related build in which I am filtering aliens blood in such a way and making it clean water, and which I think is pretty unique. Secondly I know your not saying to me or anyone directly but to make it crystal clear I didn’t bribe anyone, the reason I think I’ve won is because I was the first one to make build! In the sci fi realm 1 and many many people visited my build and explored it carefully and loved it! And then they casted their votes in me!. Lastly Factories are actually a genre of Sci fi am not triggering anyone and hating! But there are only few sci fi related builds, but most of the builds ideas are from Cartoons,Films and Dramas! And yeah what’s wrong In choosing a factory for 1st prize?? If its nicely built??
  • CD87CD87 Member
    edited August 2019
    I think we should stop arguing about this contest, unless you bring something new to the discussion table or propose a suggestion for future contests.

OR you can make an entire new discussion showing your dissatisfaction and work out from there.

The contest is already over as what it is.
  • CD87 said:

I think we should stop arguing about this contest, unless you bring something new to the discussion table or propose a suggestion for future contests.

OR you can make an entire new discussion showing your dissatisfaction and work out from there.

The contest is already over as what it is.

Well I am pretty satisfied with the contest not because I’ve won but space put so much of hardwork in arranging contests and keeping a game alive! I an really thankful!
  • Um, the realms are opened now, but i just recieved only 1k, why? @Space_fetus
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

Um, the realms are opened now, but i just recieved only 1k, why? @Space_fetus

because thats the amount of money your plot cost. All your prizes are done by Mabz straight into your account.
  • Um, the realms are opened now, but i just recieved only 1k, why? @Space_fetus

because thats the amount of money your plot cost. All your prizes are done by Mabz straight into your account.
    Oh, didn't know that, thanks.