Recent Price Rises

Ok I'm just a simple qbee I sometimes get confused by the game but I want to know why have the super rares that a few players have and sell have doubled and in some cases tripled in the last week. Can someone please explain how 3 maybe 4 very greedy players who are probably just doing this to sell cubits or just take advantage of people determine the price structure. Sir Kewberth I want you to intervene here in a big way. You yourself asked recently how expensive should prices go and this is the direct result and out come. One example is Headlessness 2 weeks ago heedlessness was 180-200k someone please explain why or how its now 450k+ another is halo it was previously 500-550k how is that now 700k+ the next is Krampus this I put on reserve from a player a week or so ago I recently bought a considerable amount of cubits and magically the reserved price rose from 600-800k.

I agree players have always taken advantage of me hence why I try to buy off a alt profile as when chickenlips enters it is automatically more. I have had player holla selling a clan stone at 10k I arrive I buy it and the player demands I pay him an extra 5k because I'm chickenlips. Ill make it clear here and now I pay extra to people if I'm in a rush too get something for say my daughter or my son sure take advantage of that I kind of expect to pay a little extra if the player wasn't intending to sell the item and I'm just asking as I see them with it I allow for potential price rises in the future for example I pay a little more for an item because in time it will increase in value so if they sell now not next year they are compensated. So I find almost any item I try to buy has doubled I like the Kangaroo from 40-50k to now 150-250k.

I refuse to accept any explanation of time being a factor you say that your saying headless will be a million cubits next month and 2 million by Christmas. You cant tell me events or holiday pack releases being the defining factor as the only pack release is space and that took summer so if any should of rose was summer items. You say players owning a bunch of them I debate that as there is still ultimately the same amount of items in the economy they have been out the same amount of time so to say this means you encourage people buying a lot of one item to artificially rise the value if it doesn't rise then there is no point for players to try to manipulate the economy. I want some clarity on this someone please explain and Sir Kewberth please watch this discussion.

Comments

• “The cubit hack damaged the economy”

They add 100+ super rares, totaling millions and millions more in value then what was put into the economy from the cubit hack.

Every item currently is worth way more then during the cubit hack.

The thread with Kewberth saying they won’t giveaway more then 5 of each super rare a year is fueling this. People know they can raise prices all they want, because the items are guaranteed to never be introduced in large enough amounts to alter the price of the items. So they have literal 0 risks when spending 500$ to raise an items price 100s of thousands of cubits. The item is guaranteed to not return in groups larger than 5. So they raise items prices, sell them for way more cubits then they started with, and then raise another items price with those cubits. It’s a non-stop cycle because they have 0 risks as I’ve said.

It’s sad because the cubit hack that forced them to add super rares into the economy only slowed down the inflation for 2-3 months. Imagine what it will be like in another year. Say good bye to item prices never reaching 5 million cubits.
  • 'Dragon' said:

“The cubit hack damaged the economy”

They add 100+ super rares, totaling millions and millions more in value then what was put into the economy from the cubit hack.

Every item currently is worth way more then during the cubit hack.

The thread with Kewberth saying they won’t giveaway more then 5 of each super rare a year is fueling this. People know they can raise prices all they want, because the items are guaranteed to never be introduced in large enough amounts to alter the price of the items. So they have literal 0 risks when spending 500$ to raise an items price 100s of thousands of cubits. The item is guaranteed to not return in groups larger than 5. So they raise items prices, sell them for way more cubits then they started with, and then raise another items price with those cubits. It’s a non-stop cycle because they have 0 risks as I’ve said.

It’s sad because the cubit hack that forced them to add super rares into the economy only slowed down the inflation for 2-3 months. Imagine what it will be like in another year. Say good bye to item prices never reaching 5 million cubits.

Surprise surprise the only person game to answer this logically is a banned player well I think you are right on a lot of levels nothing to do with these price rises is natural gameplay so using forward thinking what happens from here at some point they cant raise them too high people will argue and at some point someone will pay that amount for the item. I tell you what from someone who never had a problem spending money on the game I sure as hell have a problem with it now and am starting to regret it, also don't know how many players will ever enter the game new and want to spend these types of money values on this. I understand nothing in a virtual economy is guaranteed but yeah hopefully there can be some changes to the cubit store a bit if you aren't going to address this properly so I don't need to buy from players cause I'm done feeling ripped off within game all this has killed the items for me. Maybe its the push I needed to start building I don't even know at this point but for sure game interest has gone from 100% to like 10% and not really too sure if its going to turn around anytime soon.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Well assuming that all is working normally, then the cubit economy will work the same as a regular economy for prices for the most part. That is... the price of items will reflect supply and demand. Sometimes prices reflect other circumstances like someone attempting to raise prices during an emergency or because they know someone needs an item badly (like the last plot of land a developer needs to finish their supermarket project).

When we introduced some supply after the hack on specific items that were lost from the economy and had become overvalued there was a lot of concern from people who owned those same items that we'd forever damage their value. I tried to explain at the time that those injections, while causing short term price drops would almost certainly not have longer term effects on the prices. I didn't fundamentally change how many were available. Players were still very worried and often angry.

And I may have added more than were lost at the time, but, I also factored in that the cubic economy is slowly losing items over time. It's not that these items are really lost, but they are lost in terms of item prices, in different ways. How do they leave the priced economy? They leave because people make them part of a build, or they want them for their collection and don't intend on reselling them at any price, or they leave the game and so you can't trade with them. Players leaving he game over time is a big way items are lost from what can be traded. If an item is rare how many are actively trading? Maybe not that many. So even buying a few could affect the price.

Since many people complained about my adding items to the game I decided to say I would not add more than approximately 5 of a rare item per year in contests etc... This was so players who owned rares would not complain that I could destroy the price of their items overnight in some arbitrary way. And on some level I do think it's FAIR to give players at least some idea of how things can evolve in the future. Does this mean prices will go way up for some items over time? I guess it depends how many I add and how many are lost in that same year. If I add 5 and only 1 is lost from the game then in theory the price would come down a bit, but it's not possible to know with any certainty much in the same way as guessing future prices in the real economy can be difficult. There's too many unknowns to predict.

So if you see some prices shifting up now there's a number of possible reasons. But it may be that people know the items are in demand and not many people are trading them and they're hoping to get more than they're really worth. I think the best advice was to only offer what you really believe they're worth. Players will either eventually have to drop their prices or keep the items. Maybe they are over-pricing trying to take advantage of what they see as an easy way to make a few extra cubits. If so, the solution to over-pricing is to not buy and wait till they drop the price or someone else makes a fairer offer.
  • Well assuming that all is working normally, then the cubit economy will work the same as a regular economy for prices for the most part. That is... the price of items will reflect supply and demand. Sometimes prices reflect other circumstances like someone attempting to raise prices during an emergency or because they know someone needs an item badly (like the last plot of land a developer needs to finish their supermarket project).

When we introduced some supply after the hack on specific items that were lost from the economy and had become overvalued there was a lot of concern from people who owned those same items that we'd forever damage their value. I tried to explain at the time that those injections, while causing short term price drops would almost certainly not have longer term effects on the prices. I didn't fundamentally change how many were available. Players were still very worried and often angry.

And I may have added more than were lost at the time, but, I also factored in that the cubic economy is slowly losing items over time. It's not that these items are really lost, but they are lost in terms of item prices, in different ways. How do they leave the priced economy? They leave because people make them part of a build, or they want them for their collection and don't intend on reselling them at any price, or they leave the game and so you can't trade with them. Players leaving he game over time is a big way items are lost from what can be traded. If an item is rare how many are actively trading? Maybe not that many. So even buying a few could affect the price.

Since many people complained about my adding items to the game I decided to say I would not add more than approximately 5 of a rare item per year in contests etc... This was so players who owned rares would not complain that I could destroy the price of their items overnight in some arbitrary way. And on some level I do think it's FAIR to give players at least some idea of how things can evolve in the future. Does this mean prices will go way up for some items over time? I guess it depends how many I add and how many are lost in that same year. If I add 5 and only 1 is lost from the game then in theory the price would come down a bit, but it's not possible to know with any certainty much in the same way as guessing future prices in the real economy can be difficult. There's too many unknowns to predict.

So if you see some prices shifting up now there's a number of possible reasons. But it may be that people know the items are in demand and not many people are trading them and they're hoping to get more than they're really worth. I think the best advice was to only offer what you really believe they're worth. Players will either eventually have to drop their prices or keep the items. Maybe they are over-pricing trying to take advantage of what they see as an easy way to make a few extra cubits. If so, the solution to over-pricing is to not buy and wait till they drop the price or someone else makes a fairer offer.

Ok so that brings a lot of clarity to the issue I do feel since players have no idea of the statistics of items still in circulation its purely the greed of trying to make some extra cubits on items that aren't sold as frequently. Also the taking advantage of players who want items. I was thinking of just opting out of buying till all these people who are investing in the rares to make easy money give in and drop their prices and I feel its the ideal solution like I will still buy them at a fair price but for a way they can just make some easy cubits no thanks. I'm glad its not some magical escalation that I had no knowledge about and glad I asked as it just didn't feel right or natural. Game interest has raised back up to about 60% ill get some cool builds going and bump that up some more thanks for taking the time to reply.
  • 'Dragon''Dragon' Member
    edited August 2019

Well assuming that all is working normally, then the cubit economy will work the same as a regular economy for prices for the most part. That is... the price of items will reflect supply and demand. Sometimes prices reflect other circumstances like someone attempting to raise prices during an emergency or because they know someone needs an item badly (like the last plot of land a developer needs to finish their supermarket project).

Ok so that brings a lot of clarity to the issue I do feel since players have no idea of the statistics of items still in circulation its purely the greed of trying to make some extra cubits on items that aren't sold as frequently. Also the taking advantage of players who want items. I was thinking of just opting out of buying till all these people who are investing in the rares to make easy money give in and drop their prices and I feel its the ideal solution like I will still buy them at a fair price but for a way they can just make some easy cubits no thanks. I'm glad its not some magical escalation that I had no knowledge about and glad I asked as it just didn't feel right or natural. Game interest has raised back up to about 60% ill get some cool builds going and bump that up some more thanks for taking the time to reply.
    I would say 25+ of every super rare is lost a year. Not 5.

Let me say this. We didn’t take more then 5 of any ‘super rare’ out of the economy during the cubit hack. Kewberth added 15ish of every super rare. So that means after taking into account the super rares we took out of the economy, approximately 10 extra of each super rare was added into the economy flow. It has been three months since the cubit hack, and every item is worth more then they where during the cubit hack. So if we think about this logically, the 10 of each super rare that was added into the economy has already been taken out of the economy flow. In just three months. Even if they are just taken out of the flow temporarily, and are added back in by players later, the price will never drop. Only rise. Which means to even balance the economy flow, 25-50 of each super rare would need to be added yearly. Not 5.

This is not the demand for the item AT ALL. This is ‘What item can we spend a million on, raise the price, and cash our that item when it doubles in price to have 5million cubits’. Even after a cash out on an item. The price does not drop.
  • CD87CD87 Member
    Under the circumstances that there are no hacks this time...

If it's just one or two individual, everything will be fine as long as the trade isn't fulfilled.

If it does, however, then the news will spread among players, and boom! The price is now official, and there's little things we can do about it.

The chance is rather low, but the risk is there. Any uninformed individual can add 200$ (1M cubits) just to buy the item they want, which is not a good thing, at all.