The Current Situation...

CoolGuyBossCoolGuyBoss Member
edited July 2019 in Suggestions & Comments
This thread is 100% going to have a lot of controversy but that is okay.

The Stafflist and its inactive/resigned moderators
I personally think that the staff list of the forums should probably be completely redone. There are a lot of old staff still on there, new staff just kind of.. thrown onto the list, and very very very old staff still marked as "Internet Issues" or "Busy" when they have been marked like that for more than three years. Since 2019 started, there have only been 4-5 active moderators out of 16 current moderators.

I think those staff who have been marked "Busy" or "Internet Issues" should say goodbye and put under the "Resigned" section. There is no way to be Busy or have Internet Issues for threee years. I get maybe a year, but three years...

Forum Moderators
There is currently only one forum moderator, that is Space Fetus, and it can get very challenging I'm pretty sure. We have had many players leave the forums due to the toxicness and are now not returning to the forums. I personally think that we need about 3-4 more Forum Moderators. Yes, I get many people do not want to be forum moderators but I'm sure, if you look through the thousands of signed up players, you'd find more than a few really really good players interested in moderating the forums.

Drama
This isn't a personal feeling, I know everyone feels like this. I think the drama on the forums and ingame should stop. There is no reason for people to start fights over stupid stuff. For example, the banning of Latecom. He got what he deserved and there are still people fighting for his ban to be lifted. Eagence, again, got what he deserved but still fighters trying to lift his ban. I think we should come together as a community, which we once were, and stop pinning stupid stuff on players. There is no reason multiple users request a ban on the forums because of the drama, and the state of the forums.

DISCLAIMER!
This is no way meant to start more drama or bash at people or even throw hate to anyone. This is simply meant to express what I believe should try and be done. I really hope some people listen to this thread and try help work through what has happened. Yes, we have gotten better with the drama, but with more and more situations coming up, the drama just keeps returning. I know its impossible to 100% remove drama but I still believe we can try to get rid of most of it..

The Return of Official Events
Yes, there have been some positive stuff that has also happened. Space fetus returning the Official Events and now the drama for "hire someone new" and stuff like that will be over. I'm happy we have the Official Events back, lets just hope they stay back.

New people of the forums
Yes, we have gotten many many new people onto the forums which is a great thing! The forums is a great place to stay updated on everything Cubic. I'm very very happy that new people are discovering the game and discovering the forums because it is really good to have new people.

Feel free to leave what you think in the comments. This is a no hate zone, anything said should not be taken to heart.

Comments

• Marlboro ManMarlboro Man Member
    edited July 2019
    A more well said post of my prior discussion yes.
    +1. gain a lot of us old players understand the admins. are busy. We all have lives and so do all staff members. And I understand that not everything that admins do will not be appealing to the players. But the exterior what people first see definitely needs some up to dating.
  • -Bump-
  • CD87CD87 Member
    Wholeheartedly agreed with what you said up there.

Though, considering the thread's title, you should add some positive things as well:
    +The return of official events
    +Sponsored event polls are out again
    +More new players coming to the forum
  • Alv'Alv' Member
    CD87 said:

Wholeheartedly agreed with what you said up there.

Though, considering the thread's title, you should add some positive things as well:
    +The return of official events
    +Sponsored event polls are out again
    +More new players coming to the forum

^
  • Yes, I do agree, there have been some good things happening to Cubic.

Yes, many people have been joining the forums, which is great. I’m happy that more people are coming to the forums.

Yes, the return of the events is also really great for the community. That means the drama of “not having events” is finally over. Plus we can have more fun with the events.
  • Forums moderators - there’s basically nothing that needs modded right now.

Drama - It’s been way worse in the past. This is the least amount of drama I’ve seen in years.

The staff list - I guess it can be updated. But it really doesn’t make a difference.
  • I have added two of the positive things since I did forget to mention anything positive which just seems like a bad rep for the game itself.

If there is anything I should add, positive or negative, please give me some stuff to add. If you have any comments on what I've said, positive or negative, please do leave it here.
  • -Bump-
  • i agree with this thread completely!!

poor space gets so much hate for his events. i enjoy them and appreciate the amount of time and effort put into making them happen.
  • I love drama, keep them holla wars coming HEHEH
  • It’s sad that people decide to hate on Space for his events. He try’s his hardest to make the community fun and happy but he has gotten hate. Lately it has been different, let’s just hope that lasts.
  • -

It’s sad that people decide to hate on Space for his events. He try’s his hardest to make the community fun and happy but he has gotten hate. Lately it has been different, let’s just hope that lasts.

Very well agreed on
    -BUMP-
  • This is great. What I love most is the community part, I dunno, making friends just seems harder (or maybe my social skills are worse).
  • -Bump-
  • -Bump-