Access Denied on Steam

Hello, I've been trying to play cc on my pc on steam for a while now but it keeps "denying access". I tried to verify integrity game files and it still didn't work. I also tried googling multiple solutions but nothing seemed to work. I played other games on steam and they worked perfectly fine so it's clearly an issue with cc.

Here are the messages I'm getting:

Also, do antivirus apps have anything to do with this?

Comments

• no, i can help you
  • I've had the same problem
  • MonopolyManMonopolyMan Member
    edited July 2019
    When that shows up, click ctrl + alt + delete, then click on task manager, click on steam, and click end process. This should close out Steam and everything running within the app. Restart your computer. Click on the steam app. It should ask you to sign in or say it's "updating" or do something different. You just DON'T want it to quickly load to what it was last at. If it take a second, then you might be good and try to play cubic castles again, and if that doesn't work, let me know.
  • When that shows up, click ctrl + alt + delete, then click on task manager, click on steam, and click end process. This should close out Steam and everything running within the app. Restart your computer. Click on the steam app. It should ask you to sign in or say it's "updating" or do something different. You just DON'T want it to quickly load to what it was last at. If it take a second, then you might be good and try to play cubic castles again, and if that doesn't work, let me know.

Sometimes that doesn't work. What I like to do when this happens is wait a couple hours or even a whole day before launching CC, or launch a different game through steam. Your problem might be different, but you can try. Also, I don't think other apps effect this. idk tho
  • When that shows up, click ctrl + alt + delete, then click on task manager, click on steam, and click end process. This should close out Steam and everything running within the app. Restart your computer. Click on the steam app. It should ask you to sign in or say it's "updating" or do something different. You just DON'T want it to quickly load to what it was last at. If it take a second, then you might be good and try to play cubic castles again, and if that doesn't work, let me know.

I tried doing that and it tells me "missing executable"
  • Try this

Load Steam
    From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
    Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
    Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
    Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Probably your anti-virus program deleted/quarantined it incorrectly.
  • Try this

Load Steam
    From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
    Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
    Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
    Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

I did that and it would lead me back to "Acess denied"
  • Probably your anti-virus program deleted/quarantined it incorrectly.

How do I fix it though?

• AidenPlayzAidenPlayz Member
    edited July 2019
    #Rainbow said:

Probably your anti-virus program deleted/quarantined it incorrectly.

How do I fix it though?

Disable the anti virus, reinstall cc
    If your using McAfee, disable "real time scanning"
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    You'll probably have to whitelist the game in your antivirus program or use a different antivirus program. You could also try reporting it as a false positive to the virus company and see what they say. It's really more of an issue with the virus checker than us I think. What seems to happen is that some of the anti hacking tools we use are similar to viruses in some way that causes false positives. To the best of my knowledge this is the reason for it.
  • Okay, it worked. Thank you everyone! :D
  • I'm glad its working now!