Random Thoughts (Letter Blocks and Things)

SUS GRILLSUS GRILL Member
edited June 2019 in Suggestions & Comments
So I'm sitting here at 2:06am; clearly not sleeping, and I have a thought. We need some letter blocks in cc. So here is my idea...

Using paper and the Cut O'Matic we can be given the option to make a letter stencil. Given that there are restrictions on how many pixel or sculpty blocks you can make at a set time; I feel like the same thing should be applied to the paper. Making the recipe 10 paper (obviously you would then have to choose a letter stencil, i.e A, B, C..) to give you 10 stencils of the selected letter. Crafting time could be 10 or 20 mins. That would be the first step to making your letter blocks...

Step number 2 would include placing any color plaster block that you would want as a background color, whatever color dye you want for your letter, and your stencils in the crafting bench. Taking into account how many sides blocks have and that you would need a letter on each side to be able to place your letter blocks at whatever angle suits you; the recipe would end up looking like this

1 plaster block + 6 stencils + 6 dyes = 1 letter block

Now I'm satisfied with that recipe as is. However there is something that could be changed. Instead of dye...why not include paint into the game.

To make paint we would need a new type of equipment to start the process off. Dehumidifier. First you will need flowers and or berries for making pigments. To do this you will place your flowers and berries in the dehumidifier and then wait 1-2 days before your Dehumidifier spits out some dried flowers and berries. From there you would take your mortar and pestle in the crafting bench to make colored pigments depending on the color of the dried items. Then; still using the mortar and pestle, you would take your pigments, pine resin, and solvent to create paint.

If we include paint we would then need to make a paint brush that could be made with hair dropped from a horse, (nudge nudge) then crafted with glue and sticks.

Anyway those are just some random late night thoughts :) I hope you guys enjoy.

Comments

• Yeah, a paint sprayer seems like a cool idea.

and for the letter blocks....I'm not really sure... The recipe seems a bit complicated to get a letter block.. one might use them in cool ways e.g. school parkour or letters parkour or whatever else. I like the general idea, but as I already said, the recipe seems to use up a lot of resources for a single letter block. I mean, if I calculated this right: we'd need 10 tree trunks, a berry or two of the selected colour, 2 stones and a sand block. and to make let's say 10 of them we'd need 100 tree trunks( :/ ), around 10 berries etc. Also a potential problem would be that we wouldn't want letter blocks of the same letter, but more of them( such as A,B,C,D,E,F,...). I mean, it wouldn't be too much resources, but would use up a certain amount of your storage to create them.

Overall, +1
  • Yeah, a paint sprayer seems like a cool idea.

and for the letter blocks....I'm not really sure... The recipe seems a bit complicated to get a letter block.. one might use them in cool ways e.g. school parkour or letters parkour or whatever else. I like the general idea, but as I already said, the recipe seems to use up a lot of resources for a single letter block. I mean, if I calculated this right: we'd need 10 tree trunks, a berry or two of the selected colour, 2 stones and a sand block. and to make let's say 10 of them we'd need 100 tree trunks( :/ ), around 10 berries etc. Also a potential problem would be that we wouldn't want letter blocks of the same letter, but more of them( such as A,B,C,D,E,F,...). I mean, it wouldn't be too much resources, but would use up a certain amount of your storage to create them.

Overall, +1

Yes the recipe is a process and it uses resources. However; it uses up common resources that are easily mined and gathered, and in my opinion is easier to craft than the cut o'matic itself in that the recipes to make each component are fairly easy to obtain and wont require all that much further alterations. Still it uses up supplies but in my opinion that would add to the resell value for people who would craft them for the soul purpose of selling. Now for the issue of wanting more than one letter...there would be an option to make stencils out of any letter of the alphabet, but in bulk amounts. That is due to the fact that you would need a stencil for each side of the block to allow the block placing to make sense. Another reason why they are made in bulk amounts is for a very simple reason. Lets say the blocks weren't craft-able and you could only buy them in shop. They arnt going to sell you one letter block at a time because there are a good amount of words that use multiple letters. The making of bulk stencils makes it easier for people to create multiples of common letters such as a, e, i, o, u, t, s and so on.

I do appreciate your opinion and I hope this makes enough sense :)
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    here is something i didn't find in your suggestion... What is the purpose of these letter blocks?
  • SUS GRILLSUS GRILL Member
    edited June 2019
    scorto7 said:

here is something i didn't find in your suggestion... What is the purpose of these letter blocks?

Their purpose would be to make welcome signs or messages that can be seen without a qbee having to walk up to them. It can be used in decor or builds, really whatever anyone can imagine. Off the top of my head I can think of a few things I would personally use them for. I like to build large scale things so letter with letter blocks I could make a computer keyboard or laptop. A large scale board game. Or if you make a child's room they could be large alphabet play blocks. A custom and colorful "Welcome" message to anyone entering my realms or a shop. If you're like me and have a big room just for storage you could use the letters to organize your items alphabetically (I'm weird and i do that...). It would allow me to see exactly where I want to be going to find something instead of having to walk up to signs and hope I've gone to the right one my first time.

I made this quick example, if I had Christmas lights I would have included those along the top and bottom to make a more decorated sign but this is the quickest visual example I could provide.

• What about something like this.
  • B L A N K said:

scorto7 said:

Their purpose would be to make welcome signs or messages that can be seen without a qbee having to walk up to them. It can be used in decor or builds, really whatever anyone can imagine. Off the top of my head I can think of a few things I would personally use them for. I like to build large scale things so letter with letter blocks I could make a computer keyboard or laptop. A large scale board game. Or if you make a child's room they could be large alphabet play blocks. A custom and colorful "Welcome" message to anyone entering my realms or a shop. If you're like me and have a big room just for storage you could use the letters to organize your items alphabetically (I'm weird and i do that...). It would allow me to see exactly where I want to be going to find something instead of having to walk up to signs and hope I've gone to the right one my first time.

I made this quick example, if I had Christmas lights I would have included those along the top and bottom to make a more decorated sign but this is the quickest visual example I could provide.
    The pet holds the sign. Okay sure!
  • Alv'Alv' Member
    B L A N K said:

scorto7 said:

Guddd, I give -1 (u know what I mean, reverse so +1 XD)
  • If CC ,can add sprays , gosh i ma use my brain power to draw XD